Sponsored

E85 sensor

Edyuly

Paxton supercharged
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Hoping someone can shed some light on this. I am Paxton supercharged and will be going e85 only with the Sai li fuel system can I put a e85 gauge to monitor the level of e85 I have in the car ? If so what kind have you guys used? My porsche and Gtr buddies all use the GM sensor but I have not read anyone this forum talk about the sensor on a coyote.

Thanks in advance
Sponsored

Barrel

Hoonigan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cars and Trucks
I have the Zeitronix ECA in my car. Not hooked up to anything in the tune for flex fuel, but it's nice to always know what fuel is in my car.

HISSMAN

Large Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White GT/PP Premium
Zeitronix is good stuff. I ran their stuff in a 135i and an EVO X I had.

Dominant1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dr Frankenstang
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt/cs auto 3:55 gears
Vehicle Showcase
if you have an sct x4 your tuner can set one up on it. my tuner did for me...

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I was going to make a post about this next week. I have a focus st as well as my mustang and I just bought an ethanol sensor and display kit from lostboy racing for my ST. The kit uses a GM ethanol sensor and it works very well and was easy to install and the price was right. I contacted them about offering it at a slight discount without the fuel lines so I can purchase the kit and adapt it to my mustang. They liked the idea of adapting it to a mustang so they listed the kit on their site with an option to not buy the fuel lines. I just ordered everything I need to adapt the lostboy kit to my mustang and I will be positing pics when I am done.

Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
What does the nguage use to monitor ethanol percentage,as far as i know them guys were not adding sensors.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
^How much was the sensor and display (I’m assuming) setup for the muffstain? Would be nice to see ethanol continent without manually testing...

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I was going to make a post about this next week. I have a focus st as well as my mustang and I just bought an ethanol sensor and display kit from lostboy racing for my ST. The kit uses a GM ethanol sensor and it works very well and was easy to install and the price was right. I contacted them about offering it at a slight discount without the fuel lines so I can purchase the kit and adapt it to my mustang. They liked the idea of adapting it to a mustang so they listed the kit on their site with an option to not buy the fuel lines. I just ordered everything I need to adapt the lostboy kit to my mustang and I will be positing pics when I am done.
Hmm, interesting stuff. For those with aftermarket fuel systems, I see that Fore sells 8AN to 3/8 female connectors. Not sure though if it'd be fine to take into my return line or if it'd be better to run a Y off the return.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
^How much was the sensor and display (I’m assuming) setup for the muffstain? Would be nice to see ethanol continent without manually testing...
Looks like $185 for the sensor, display and wiring. Then another $50 or so for connectors from Fore.

BlownOne

Horsepower Fiend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Anything with wheels
What does the nguage use to monitor ethanol percentage,as far as i know them guys were not adding sensors.
Not sure but I saw several posts in the na section about displaying e on the Ngauge so I found the alcohol pid but mine just reads 0. I would think you would need a ford/gm sensor from a flex car, tie it into the correct ecu pin location and turn it on just like on my CtsV.

Sponsored

TheHydro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Performance Pack
I have right about $230 in my set up. I am installing it in the Oem fuel supply line which I converted to my return line. As much as I have invested in my car $230 is a drop in the bucket, the wife stopped asking questions a long time ago. From what i understand if you are able to activate the ethanol gauge on ngauge it is somehow calculated using the o2 sensors which i don’t know how accurate it is.

isedawishy

GTPPTT6REIGHTY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Thanks for the info brotha. Damn $230ish to see e content is kinda pricey lol
Would be nice to know without messing with the vial! The sensor itself is about $90, so it's not a terrible price including the digital readout and wiring.