Sponsored

Introduce yourself!!

georgiarocker

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Roush Warrior S/C
Greetings from Germany

Just picked up a 2016 Supercharged Roush Warrior at the port in Bremerhaven Germany on Monday. Broke it in (lightly) for the 6 hour autobahn drive home and have only taken it out of the garage once since due to crappy weather.

This is my first mustang since owning a LX 5.0 manual back in '88 and I have a quick question for anyone who may be able to shed some insight. I did a quick search of this forum and didn't find reference to it so I'm just going to throw this out there.

Ever since I picked up the car, I've been experiencing a clunk on every upshift between 2 and 4 but never on the downshifts. Both me and my passenger can hear (and FEEL) a pronounced clunk/thud, with the clutch fully engaged, as it goes into gear. I can literally be coasting with the clutch to the floor and shift back and forth between 1-2, or 2-3, or 3-4 and it clunks every time it goes into a higher gear but is smooth as butter when shifting into a lower gear.

My previous car was a 6-speed GTO with IRS and a T56 tranny and I've driven many other makes and models of performance cars and never experienced anything like this. I'm going to try and drive another 2016 manual GT this weekend to see if it does the same thing but it feels like something is wrong to me. I feel it in the shifter, down the driveline, all the way to the diff, so I'm not really sure of the exact location. The clunk is significant enough that both me and my wife can feel it in our seats too. Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Is it normal/typical?
Sponsored

keltykid350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2017 GT350
Just joined today after lurking for awhile. I think I've lined up a reasonably priced GT350 allocation for order in MY 2017. Looks to be another great drive home from a rural SE Ford dealer just like it was with the Boss. These Cali guys are nuts with their pricing and so are the people that pay it. Now I have to decide is it the Boss which is such a fantastic machine or my fantastic wife? lol

Looks to be a great forum with lots of sharing of info and opinions,

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Now I have to decide is it the Boss which is such a fantastic machine or my fantastic wife? lol
If she sees that, I'm guessing you won't have to decide.

GT Nate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red Mustang GT Premium
Hello everyone.

Just picked up a 16 Ruby Red GT Premium with 401A, enhanced security, and blackout package.

This is my first sports car and I'm excited to learn a lot. Already have a few mods picked out.

Sponsored

Diego Narwhal

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Howard
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red 2015 GT PP
Hello everyone.

Just picked up a 16 Ruby Red GT Premium with 401A, enhanced security, and blackout package.

This is my first sports car and I'm excited to learn a lot. Already have a few mods picked out.
Welcome, and good choice on the color! :cheers:

Lost

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium 6 speed blackout /3.55
Picked up a 2016 Premium 6 speed, turned in a 11 V6 on it. Love it so far!

thundertorque

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium PP; 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS 305 V8 TBI
Hello everyone. I’m 43 years old and live in north Louisiana. I’m new to Mustangs and just got my first one on Feb 13th. It is a used Black 2015 GT Premium with Performance Package, 50th Anniversary Package, Package 401A, Security Package, and Navigation. I was fortunate to find this one with only 876 miles on it when I bought it since it was equipped exactly like I would’ve checked the boxes had I bought it new. :)

I have been looking at different forums since I bought the car and it seems to me that this one is the most active, knowledgeable, and friendly one that I can find. Before this car I drove a 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS V-8 TBI that I bought used in 1994 (and I still have it). I drove that car for 22 years and put on 215,000 plus miles on her and knew that I needed something newer and was giving serious consideration to a slightly used 2014 GT. But then when I saw the new 2015’s the S550 stole my heart. Every time I’d see one on the road my head would swivel around to follow it and I knew that I had found my next car.

I’ve learned that the Mustang crowd is a very cool and laid back bunch and I look forward to spending more time on here and reading about the awesome builds and learning more about the car as I see myself being a Mustang guy from here on out!

Here is one of the Mustang from the dealer’s site before I bought it. Sorry that I don’t have any good ones that I’ve taken yet as the weather and my life hasn’t given me the opportunity.

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP
Hello everyone. I’m 43 years old and live in north Louisiana. I’m new to Mustangs and just got my first one on Feb 13th. It is a used Black 2015 GT Premium with Performance Package, 50th Anniversary Package, Package 401A, Security Package, and Navigation. I was fortunate to find this one with only 876 miles on it when I bought it since it was equipped exactly like I would’ve checked the boxes had I bought it new. :)

I have been looking at different forums since I bought the car and it seems to me that this one is the most active, knowledgeable, and friendly one that I can find. Before this car I drove a 1991 Chevrolet Camaro RS V-8 TBI that I bought used in 1994 (and I still have it). I drove that car for 22 years and put on 215,000 plus miles on her and knew that I needed something newer and was giving serious consideration to a slightly used 2014 GT. But then when I saw the new 2015’s the S550 stole my heart. Every time I’d see one on the road my head would swivel around to follow it and I knew that I had found my next car.

I’ve learned that the Mustang crowd is a very cool and laid back bunch and I look forward to spending more time on here and reading about the awesome builds and learning more about the car as I see myself being a Mustang guy from here on out!

Here is one of the Mustang from the dealer’s site before I bought it. Sorry that I don’t have any good ones that I’ve taken yet as the weather and my life hasn’t given me the opportunity.

Welcome to the forum! Good looking stang, congrats!

Bill-O

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Ruby Red Premium
Hello everyone - Got a '16 GT Ruby Red Mustang about two weeks ago and am enjoying the heck out of it, it's a great ride. Before this, I had a '12 Camaro 2SS/RS. All in all, the GT is far superior but I do have to admit that I miss the HUD, the digital speedo in particular....one thing I don't miss though is the seemingly constant cylinder shifting from 4 to 8, etc. due to the Camaro's active fuel management system. Really looking forward to learning a lot from the forum members and, in fact, already have.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Fatty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt PP, 16 Explorer 3.5TT, Roadking
Hello everybody, new here. Been reading for months...1st mustang ever...looking forward to learning more!:cheers:
image.jpg

s550stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Performance
s550stang Canadian GT

Hi everyone, decided to come back to the sports car game. Got myself a 15 GT Performance Package 6 speed. Its been a whole year without a fun fast car and couldnt resist to buy one, specially with the new Recaro seats :headbang:! Hope to get it close to 500bhp this season. Doing research on headers and exhaust for now....

SR56

Threads
Reaction score
Website
seanrooney.realtor
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
New here. Living in Daytona Beach area in FL. Picking up my new 2016 GT this Friday. Looking forward to being here and sharing ideas.
9f88bcd7464b0ba7422872dc297c3d90.jpg

Sent from my SM-N915V using Tapatalk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
Hello everyone - Got a '16 GT Ruby Red Mustang about two weeks ago and am enjoying the heck out of it, it's a great ride. Before this, I had a '12 Camaro 2SS/RS. All in all, the GT is far superior but I do have to admit that I miss the HUD, the digital speedo in particular....one thing I don't miss though is the seemingly constant cylinder shifting from 4 to 8, etc. due to the Camaro's active fuel management system. Really looking forward to learning a lot from the forum members and, in fact, already have.
Welcome! Glad you switched to the good side!

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
San Juan
Vehicle(s)
Hello everybody, new here. Been reading for months...1st mustang ever...looking forward to learning more!:cheers:
Nice looking car! Welcome to the forum!
Sponsored