Hesitation at cruising speeds on Roush P2 tune

BrandoBeli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Roush 727hp
I'm really at a loss here and figured I could hopefully get some more ideas here since I am new to the Mustang game. I'm experiencing hesitation/misfire during cruising speeds and can hear the car missing during a slow rev. At idle the car idles great. At WOT the car pulls great. No issues. The car is a Roush P2 car with the Roush P2 tune. Only aftermarket part the car isn't tuned for is a full ARH exhaust system from the headers back. The car had thrown a P0300 code and I've changed my spark plugs twice and the ignition coils. Still experiencing the issue...what am I missing or where do I need to look next? The car only has 5800 miles and it's a 2015.
Sponsored

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
What kind of coils did u go with???

OP
OP

BrandoBeli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
Factory replacement coils. And yes as of right now the car is not tuned for the longtubes. Not out ripping on the car or out cruising the night away but the car has been driven with being tuned for the headers.

Synyster06Gates

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium
Before any more trouble shooting, I'd get it tuned. I'm not sure about your specific headers, but if they move the location of the o2 sensors even a couple inches, it can throw things off.

Sponsored

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I had the same problem and the CAI tube was not pushed on the TB all the way. Causing it to suck air.

dubster99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT PP
I had a similar issue with my original lund flex fuel n/a tune. It would occasionally pop a misfire code while using cruise control on the freeway, and you could feel the hesitation/miss. They revised my tune and I've never had it since.

Scp-steve

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gtpp
My advise dumpthat tune
I did have an occasional misfire on mine. Never set codes tho
I used a local to me tuner and it's all good now

hmperf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Holman Moody Mustang
I had a similar issue with my P2 tune. Leaving a stop light, especially when cold Id feel a misfire or hesitation. Never threw a code though.

They just came up with a new tune, and I installed it about 2 weeks ago, and it helped a lot and helped my high idle issue. What really helped was installing an oil catch can. Not sure if it was just coincidence or not though. It is 99.99999% gone for me now so Im happy, but Id get that latest tune and install it.

OP
OP

BrandoBeli

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brandon
Vehicle(s)
If I didn't purchase the car from the dealer and bought it second hand, how do I get the new tune put in the car?

Sponsored

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
If you have LT's no factory Roush calibration is going to work correctly, you need to have the car retuned for them...

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
Yeah but don't you have to go through the trouble of flashing the car back to the stock ford tune because you can't flash over the roush tune with the sct device?

Shagen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Supercharged
Yeah but don't you have to go through the trouble of flashing the car back to the stock ford tune because you can't flash over the roush tune with the sct device?
I'd like to know the answer to that as well. I have a dealer installed roush tune but I want to add a different CAI that requires a tune. Do you have to return your car to the stock tune first to update it with a lund or PBD tune?

15RRGT

I am teh liquor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2015 RR GT PP TVS
I'd like to know the answer to that as well. I have a dealer installed roush tune but I want to add a different CAI that requires a tune. Do you have to return your car to the stock tune first to update it with a lund or PBD tune?
I believe you have to return it to the stock tune if you want to flash it with an sct device but the N gauge can flash right over the roush tune. 99% sure at least.
Sponsored