Emissions readiness monitor NOT set

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Have a paxton supercharger and long tube headers with high flow cats. I know the cats aren't efficient enough to pass the test and Lund had the rear 02 sensors turned off.

Lund sent me a tune with the rear 02s on and i'm using 02 spacers to see if that works. I have about 250 miles of driving done on the car (highway, stop and go traffic, long cruises) but can't get the oxygen heater cycle, or the catayltic converter monitors to run the test.

Waiting to hear back from LUND to confirm there isn't something else we need to turn on but has anybody had this problem and was there a particular drive cycle you need to run?
Sponsored

Jeff_oddo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Premium
Have a paxton supercharger and long tube headers with high flow cats. I know the cats aren't efficient enough to pass the test and Lund had the rear 02 sensors turned off.

Lund sent me a tune with the rear 02s on and i'm using 02 spacers to see if that works. I have about 250 miles of driving done on the car (highway, stop and go traffic, long cruises) but can't get the oxygen heater cycle, or the catayltic converter monitors to run the test.

Waiting to hear back from LUND to confirm there isn't something else we need to turn on but has anybody had this problem and was there a particular drive cycle you need to run?
You need to put quite a bit of miles on it. Give it time, they will set. Took me about 450 miles

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Drive cycle is not just about miles,some cars have to have ac on,run from 45 to 0 without braking and all kinds of other crazy shit ive seen over the years,so its not just miles.Might want to ask lund what envolves a drive cycle for ford.

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Ok got 5 more drive cycles completed over the weekend and still waiting on 02 heater and catalyst test to run. Let the car idle to warm up then drive, cold start and immediate drive, cruised at 40 mph for 5 minutes, and ran the piss out of just because that's what its for.

Thinking about removing the 02 spacers and seeing if it turns on the CEL light because that would at least tell me they are turned on and completing a test is possible. Someone also suggested if ports are too small on spacers it won't heat up the 02 sensors in the allotted test time and the test won't run.

Thoughts or suggestions?

TooSoonJunior

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP M6
No need to remove the spacers, once the test is run it is RUN, it doesn't do a pretest to know if its ready (i.e. it cant see the spacers there and decide not to run the test). If they fail to warm up properly it'll throw a code for that.

One of the main criteria for the test to run is a down time period. From a full warm cycle, usually waiting 24 hours with the car sitting still, never started, then doing another full cold to warm cycle, with an extended 50-60mile per hour drive during the second cycle is the trick.

Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
I'm running into the same issue as OP, except I have stock headers/cats. Lund gave me an emissions tune that is supposed to let me pass inspection, but I've been driving for about 600 miles on this tune and can't get catalyst, o2, and heated o2 to go to "Ready". I even went out today and did a drive cycle that Ford calls out for in the Mustang manual and still not ready. Any ideas?

Jn2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
We've been testing a few settings ourselves. We have a few changes that helped a stock manifold car complete the catalysts, o2 sensor, and o2 heater after only a few drive cycles.

These settings how ever did not work on a long tube car, least they didn't seem too, we are going to turn off flex fuel logic and try just 93 octane to see if that works.

First pic shows what the car was seeing with stock emissions settings. We raised the o2 sensor maximum voltage to 1.9v and raised the RPM maximum to 2,300. From there the customer did a 4 miles long drive going a steady 40mph, afterwards the o2 sensor, o2 heater, and catalysts came up ready.

Mods on this one were:

- stock manifold, 3" O/R H pipe, MBRP catback, AEM no tune required intake.
FullSizeRender.jpg
FullSizeRender 2.jpg

Tommy V

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tommy
Vehicle(s)
2015 race red gt pp manual, recaros, 401al DOA "too much boost on 93", 2017 GT Auto
Make sure u fill the tank up also when trying to get the monitors to set.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Make sure u fill the tank up also when trying to get the monitors to set.
Yeah, the first drive cycle I did was with a full tank, but I'll keep filling up before I go driving. 720 miles and two complete drive cycles recently and still nothing. :paddle:

Here's a good drive cycle to use. http://www.obdii.com/drivecycleford.html

Driving this every day for a week will usually set all the monitors.
Yeah, I saw that one online too. Interesting how this one denotes IATs.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Never could get my readiness monitors to set with several different 02 fouler configurations but also never got a CEL.

I ended up doing an emissions waiver which in my state can be done if your the original purchaser of the car and drive less than 40k in the first two years. After than you can get additional waivers if you drive less than 12K per year with state safety inspection documentation.

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
Yeah, the first drive cycle I did was with a full tank, but I'll keep filling up before I go driving. 720 miles and two complete drive cycles recently and still nothing. :paddle:

Yeah, I saw that one online too. Interesting how this one denotes IATs.
If you haven't set the EVAP monitor you need to make sure you are under 3/4 tank, because if you are over that it will not run.

There are quite a few temperature parameters that are looked for... Most drive cycles are meant to be done on a cold vehicle after an 8 hour soak time.

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
If you haven't set the EVAP monitor you need to make sure you are under 3/4 tank, because if you are over that it will not run.

There are quite a few temperature parameters that are looked for... Most drive cycles are meant to be done on a cold vehicle after an 8 hour soak time.
My EVAP has already set and when I do a drive cycle I follow it as strict as I can. Both times I've done it, the car sat overnight (probably 12 hours or more). CAT, O2, and HO2 are the ones that won't go ready.

OP
OP
Tugger50H

Tugger50H

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
My EVAP has already set and when I do a drive cycle I follow it as strict as I can. Both times I've done it, the car sat overnight (probably 12 hours or more). CAT, O2, and HO2 are the ones that won't go ready.
Those are the three I couldn't get to run either. Ran the ford drive cycle everyday for a week.

chris_keller

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP - Red
I'm running into the same issue as OP, except I have stock headers/cats. Lund gave me an emissions tune that is supposed to let me pass inspection, but I've been driving for about 600 miles on this tune and can't get catalyst, o2, and heated o2 to go to "Ready". I even went out today and did a drive cycle that Ford calls out for in the Mustang manual and still not ready. Any ideas?
Did you ever get this ironed out? I am having the same issue with O2 and Heater O2.
Sponsored