Sponsored

Need clutch advise for pro charged gt!

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
well my gt only has 7k miles and only about 300 being boosted. running p1sc at 10 psi. i have about 8 wot pulls done for logging. went to dyno today. made 609whp with clutch slipping pretty bad. im honestly surprised its slipping so soon at this power level. ive seen alot of guys running stock clutch a while boosted. any input? I am thinking of going mcleod rst if it really is fried
Sponsored

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
im really surprised the stock one was slipping on dyno with 600whp thought id be able to get a year out of it

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
rxt with the mt82 is a no go from alot of guys i talk to they seem to break the trannys i know a few guys went with a rst and really like it rxt bits to hard and to many launches bye bye mt82

ive been doing research on clutches just in case.. and rst, mantic (which s crazy pricey) exedy mach 500.. i think all have positive feed back.. i know first hand the rst is nice i drove on my buddys feels reel nice and hes over 700 to the wheels and no issues

whatsup62

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP (Gone but not forgotten).
I dont think there is a magic answer....a lot depends on you driving habits and future plans.
I went with the RXT because I wanted sure grip and no clutch issues. Lethal recommended it as its what they use in all there cars. They talked me out of the RST because of it being an organic disc and will eventually slip especially if you overheat it.
With all that being said - I blew out TWO MT82s with the RXT. I do a lot of roll racing and both times the tranny went was when I shifted into third and let out the clutch - BOOM.
I love the feel of the RXT and there is no question the power is going to the ground with it. So I changed things up to withstand my driving style (TR6060) and have no further issue.
Some have no issue with the RXT and MT82s, others like me do.

z06psi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
The pot stirrer
Some have no issue with the RXT and MT82s, others like me do.
Exactly. Some have issues with the RST, Mantic, Exedy, on and on.

It is all up to that individual experience.

OP
OP

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
are there any that re use stock flywheel?

Sponsored

Demon Coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
My stock one held up fine between 600-700 whp range. Changed it after 6k miles of use and the surface looked great and still had good meat left.

I ended up going with a ACT Twin Disc HD Street and flywheel. Still breaking it in but it's fairly easy to drive. Little but of shudder in 1st getting off the line but it gets better and better as I break it in. Torque capacity is in the mid 800 lb ft range. Only downside is it's unsprung, but surprisingly tamed and easy to drive and shift. I'm guessing the organic material helps with that too.