Sponsored

Magnum XL / Mcleod RXT installed...questions

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
2015 GT just had a Magnum XL installed, along with Mcleod light steel flywheel, and RXT clutch....

The clutch is NOISY...

When sitting in Neutral, clutch out, there is a whirring noise, push the clutch pedal in, noise goes away.

Push the clutch in, put the car in gear, let the clutch out, audible CLUNK when the clutch and flywheel make contact.

Also, at about 1200-1500 RPM I can hear this scraping sound, coming from the transmission/clutch - beyond 2000 RPM this doesn't happen, and it will ONLY happen with my foot on the gas.

Never had a clutch this noisy, but never had an aftermarket clutch, so, no idea if this is just normal.

Also, when pushing the clutch pedal in, I can feel a detent - it is not a smooth motion - this doesn't seem right.
Any thoughts?
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
2015 GT just had a Magnum XL installed, along with Mcleod light steel flywheel, and RXT clutch....

The clutch is NOISY...

When sitting in Neutral, clutch out, there is a whirring noise, push the clutch pedal in, noise goes away.

Push the clutch in, put the car in gear, let the clutch out, audible CLUNK when the clutch and flywheel make contact.

Also, at about 1200-1500 RPM I can hear this scraping sound, coming from the transmission/clutch - beyond 2000 RPM this doesn't happen, and it will ONLY happen with my foot on the gas.

Never had a clutch this noisy, but never had an aftermarket clutch, so, no idea if this is just normal.

Also, when pushing the clutch pedal in, I can feel a detent - it is not a smooth motion - this doesn't seem right.
Any thoughts?
Not an expert by any means.

Low RPM weirdness if probably due to the lightened flywheel. Engagement stuff is probably because the RXT is new, needs some break in.

Did you bleed the clutch line (by pumping a whole lot of times) and do the crank relearn?

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
1200-1500 RPM I can hear this scraping sound

its called gear roll over if you lug the car around those rpm you will hear it.

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
crank relearn done - shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 has RPM hang, and rpm climbs 400-500 then drops to idle - slightly better after crank relearn, but still present. cruise control not functional in gears 5 and 6, cruise works in 1,2,3,4

also, clutch pedal pumped like crazy

maybe speedo calibration box isn't set up correctly

pwny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
crank relearn done - shifting from 1-2 and 2-3 has RPM hang, and rpm climbs 400-500 then drops to idle - slightly better after crank relearn, but still present. cruise control not functional in gears 5 and 6, cruise works in 1,2,3,4

If the cruise control isn't functional and you have an RPM hang then I would think that you're right as far as the speedo box goes. The cruise control should work after the box is adjusted and the rev hang was flushed out with a simple revision from Lund.

Sponsored

Racerbox77

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Cobra

Needs to be changed in the tune for cruise.

Anthony 05 GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 Mustang GT, 2015 Mustang GT Premium
Don't lug a twin disc down in low rpm's. It will make a lot of noise.

OP
OP
Earlsays

Earlsays

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 MUSTANG GT
Today, the car is getting FRPP 4.09 gears, along with an E85/93 dyno tune...we shall see how it is after this round of modding...

spogshd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 convertible
Vehicle Showcase
1200-1500 RPM I can hear this scraping sound

its called gear roll over if you lug the car around those rpm you will hear it.
I got this sound going on, does it get any better.

Sponsored