Dip in RPM's on stop

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
2019 Velocity Blue Mustang GT PP1 401a
I have a 2015 EB just hit 50k on it. The only thing I've done to the car is CAI (put it on right after I got it.) Having an issue when I first drive for a little bit it will dip in RPM's for a second (every 15-25 seconds) when I'm sitting at a light. It seems to clear up by the time I get to work (about 45 mins away) Just started about 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?
Sponsored

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
I have a 2015 EB just hit 50k on it. The only thing I've done to the car is CAI (put it on right after I got it.) Having an issue when I first drive for a little bit it will dip in RPM's for a second (every 15-25 seconds) when I'm sitting at a light. It seems to clear up by the time I get to work (about 45 mins away) Just started about 3 weeks ago. Any suggestions?
Mine does this occasionally too - it actually stalled once! I have yet to figure out what causes this.

smann

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PP
How much of a dip we talking? Can you just feel it or do you physically see the needle dropping

KeiRodez

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Convertible w/PP
How much of a dip we talking? Can you just feel it or do you physically see the needle dropping
Not sure about the OP, but both for me. You can feel the car shutter and see the RPM drop.

OP
OP
bluefirestarter

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
It runs pretty crappy for a second or two (enough for me to feel it) and I can see the tach drop and pop back up.

Sponsored

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
when i had my '15 EB I experienced this right after a fillup. It would cease once I drained the tank a little bit. Does this happen with you?

OP
OP
bluefirestarter

bluefirestarter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eddie
Vehicle(s)
when i had my '15 EB I experienced this right after a fillup. It would cease once I drained the tank a little bit. Does this happen with you?
Actually it does happen mostly after I've filled the car up now that I think about it. Seems a bit odd.. I have some new plugs at the house was hoping that would fix it.

wildcatgoal

@sirboom_photography
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Have your EVAP system checked. Also have the intercooler checked. If you have a catch can, make sure you've emptied in recently.

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
Actually it does happen mostly after I've filled the car up now that I think about it. Seems a bit odd.. I have some new plugs at the house was hoping that would fix it.
I was never able to figure it out before I traded it in, chalked it up to something to do with the vapors from a full tank...:shrug:
Sponsored