Sponsored

Help with harsh environment.

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I just got my car last week and I live on the beach off a dirt road. So I have to deal with salt, dust, sand and mud on a daily basis.

Is there anything I should do to help protect the finish? Someone recommended marine wax to me. Says it's good for salt protection but it seems aimed at boats and airplanes.

I have to give up on keeping the tires looking nice.
Sponsored

GT_Dave

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mach 1 408EFI , 2016 GT350
A properly applied ceramic coating would be the best protection for starters. Once it is cured you can apply anything over it that you wish for added protection. There are quite a few good ceramic products to choose from these days, not something that you usally find at your local auto parts store.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
A properly applied ceramic coating would be the best protection for starters. Once it is cured you can apply anything over it that you wish for added protection. There are quite a few good ceramic products to choose from these days, not something that you usally find at your local auto parts store.
Thanks, I sent out for a quote on this. I don't have a garage so I'd probably want to take is somewhere.

I could swear the dealership said something about the car having some sort of added protection but I have no documentation, proof or trust in what they said.

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Did you do it yourself? One place said it starts at $1000. I was hoping for under $500 but it sounds like it is worth the price. Especially given where I live.

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
if any of your friends have a garage you can use for a day id to it yourself,, its easy cost a lot less to do, and isnt very hard to apply . hardest thing is paint correction. applying the coating isnt hard at all , ive done 3 cars with c quartz uk and it only took a good afternoon me and a buddy think i got the whole kit on amazon for like 60 bucks.. comes with the quartz, reload, polish eraser, applicators.. you would save yourself a lot of money for other stuff :)

Sponsored

OP
OP

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
I've seen quotes ranging from $500 to $6000!

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
XPEL on the more vulnerable panels would probably provide the best protection, but is expensive.

Ceramic coating or frequent waxing is the next best option.
Sponsored