Sponsored

What exotic cars should I be able to take down?

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
It's highly dependent on gearing and driver mod if the power to weight is similar or at least not in their favor.

3.73 gears are tough for 60 rolls unless the car you are running is rather gutless. I moved to 3.15's and my car is 10x the animal from a 60 as I can start in 2nd gear.

I've gutted quite a few exotics and generally the people that beat me are my friends with lighter cars or just massive HP advantages, which isn't too hard as my fat pig weighs 3900+ with driver.

Omega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP 401A, Roush 727
With just Roush phase 3 and all rolls I've taken:
GT350, GT500, ZL1, 2016 F150 (He called me out :) )

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
From a roll there's not many STOCK cars that would keep up with a boosted Coyote. From a dig is a different story...lol. I ran a new Panamera Turbo 4S last summer from a light with my regular street tires and by the time I got traction in 3rd gear he was a city block ahead of me!

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Don't discount some of the exotics. It depends on the race parameters, starting speed for a roll race, a dig, circuit, etc... They'll surprise you due to weight, grip, computer assists, and aerodynamics. Especially from a dig the awd monsters out there are unstoppable when they're sub 3s for a 0-60 and many now run 10s on summer tires. For instance a top of the line R8 now runs 10s and a sub 3 second 0-60 on the same garbage Pirelli P-Zero tires we got. Furthermore those cars can be a lot easier to drive at that level of performance. I've driven R8s on the track before and they're stupid easy to feel like a rockstar in. That thing will smoke you on the highway the first time you shift a little too slow or lose a little traction popping into the next gear. They have much more accessible consistency in practical situations.

EDIT: It's kinda like how when the ZR1 vette was killing so many cars around the Nurburgring. You go try to match anywhere close to those times in ZR1 as a non highly experienced professional driver. Check out these videos and compare how stressed the drivers look between this 918 Spyder and a ZR1:

[ame]

[ame]

The 918 guy looks like he's out for a Sunday cruise. The ZR1 guy was probably shitting himself.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Swedish Meatballs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tobias
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium - California Special
With just Roush phase 3 and all rolls I've taken:
GT350, GT500, ZL1, 2016 F150 (He called me out :) )
Haha yes, I crushed an F150 yesterday lol. It's kind of funny though, you drive this car and some idiot in a beat up junker really gets on his throttle, I guess seeing an S550 even at cruising speed is just inspiring!

:)

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
All of them, even if they out run you once they slow down you can just run them over, you ARE in a Mustang after all...

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
It's highly dependent on gearing and driver mod if the power to weight is similar or at least not in their favor.

3.73 gears are tough for 60 rolls unless the car you are running is rather gutless. I moved to 3.15's and my car is 10x the animal from a 60 as I can start in 2nd gear.

I've gutted quite a few exotics and generally the people that beat me are my friends with lighter cars or just massive HP advantages, which isn't too hard as my fat pig weighs 3900+ with driver.

I had no issue pulling hard on a 2010 ZR1 from a 60 roll with 3.73s...

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
Don't discount some of the exotics. It depends on the race parameters, starting speed for a roll race, a dig, circuit, etc... They'll surprise you due to weight, grip, computer assists, and aerodynamics. Especially from a dig the awd monsters out there are unstoppable when they're sub 3s for a 0-60 and many now run 10s on summer tires. For instance a top of the line R8 now runs 10s and a sub 3 second 0-60 on the same garbage Pirelli P-Zero tires we got. Furthermore those cars can be a lot easier to drive at that level of performance. I've driven R8s on the track before and they're stupid easy to feel like a rockstar in. That thing will smoke you on the highway the first time you shift a little too slow or lose a little traction popping into the next gear. They have much more accessible consistency in practical situations.
He did say roll, not dig. Aero plays a small roll until after around 120mph but it won't be enough for cars with 4-6mph difference in traps if you can drive. Cars with similar/same traps you'll see a big difference after 120mph. This was demonstrated to me 100s of times years ago when my buddy had a cammed/heads C5 Z06 vs my 03 Cobra. We both trapped 121mph but from a roll, at around 120mph he would begin to walk me hard every time.

Blown Coyotes and anything else with over 600whp and RWD on the street is going to be pretty disappointed from a dig by anything AWD with reasonable power, regardless of tire. My S4 comes off the line on the street with a kick in the balls every single time with 3.5sec 0-60s. Tuned S6, tuned S3, tuned S4 or Golf R, are all twin clutch dig monsters. That doesn't even include the lower grade super cars like GTR, new M5, RS7. Traction is king.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
He did say roll, not dig. Aero plays a small roll until after around 120mph but it won't be enough for cars with 4-6mph difference in traps if you can drive. Cars with similar/same traps you'll see a big difference after 120mph. This was demonstrated to me 100s of times years ago when my buddy had a cammed/heads C5 Z06 vs my 03 Cobra. We both trapped 121mph but from a roll, at around 120mph he would begin to walk me hard every time.

Blown Coyotes and anything else with over 600whp and RWD on the street is going to be pretty disappointed from a dig by anything AWD with reasonable power, regardless of tire. My S4 comes off the line on the street with a kick in the balls every single time with 3.5sec 0-60s. Tuned S6, tuned S3, tuned S4 or Golf R, are all twin clutch dig monsters. That doesn't even include the lower grade super cars like GTR, new M5, RS7. Traction is king.
I had a H/C/I C5 back in the day. It took Terminators with about 100 more rwhp to be a pretty even race. And yea, once speeds got into the 100's I always began to pull away.

Sponsored

oesman

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dmitry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Yea for sure and I did see he said roll. I was just saying that there are many different races that can be had. Even at a roll it depends on the race. A lot of people here tend to add 100mph to starting speed as the target to hit before the race is over. Especially around TX2K street racing, which sometimes ends badly. The logics is it prevents inching ahead on a gear change and slamming the brakes to claim you won. That will put the aero into play quickly, i.e. 40-140, 50-150, 60-160, etc... I also think it's easier in those cars like the R8 V10 Plus, more repeatable.

venumous

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16' Procharged GT
I had a H/C/I C5 back in the day. It took Terminators with about 100 more rwhp to be a pretty even race. And yea, once speeds got into the 100's I always began to pull away.
Those cars were just so damn light. Still a great bang for the buck today. I was around 490whp to his 430whp. Crazy that 430whp now seems like total chump power in today's cars. Back then, the 03 Cobra with a Whipple or KB was on another level, now everyone and their brother has more than 600whp.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
Those cars were just so damn light. Still a great bang for the buck today. I was around 490whp to his 430whp. Crazy that 430whp now seems like total chump power in today's cars. Back then, the 03 Cobra with a Whipple or KB was on another level, now everyone and their brother has more than 600whp.
Mine put down 450rwhp and weighed 3,055 lbs. Kinda miss that car...

Killswitch16GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP

Just curious how you swapped to 3.15. Full diff swap? Is anything else needed for that?

higdominator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT PPP
I had no issue pulling hard on a 2010 ZR1 from a 60 roll with 3.73s...
It really does depend on the other cars gearing and power band as well. My 60 roll with 3.73's was adequate for most cars but up against a A6 mustang of the similar power I was severely out gunned. I changed the ratio so that now I start 60 rolls in 2nd gear around 5500ish RPM and it's a monster:cool:

Just curious how you swapped to 3.15. Full diff swap? Is anything else needed for that?
You can swap the carrier for a 3.15 and the ring and pinion into your current housing or do a full swap. I had a 3.15 loaded housing laying around from my 2015 so I just swapped the whole thing.
Sponsored