Sponsored

Edelbrock 2650 Stage 2 10.57@135

Blown_90LX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sold boosted 5.0L Fox & 4.6 Cobra
10.8psi? They ship the kit with 13psi, how did you get the boost down?
Holy flat line! What in the world is with that dyno sheet. The Coyotes pull to 8100rpm before they flat line :shrug:

Boom, there it is. Was waiting for this troll to sniff out a pro-Edelbrock thread and throw down some unprofessional slander as usual.

I worked in a speed shop for almost ten years from age 16-25 and grew to love the Edelbrock brand for their engineering, quality and customer service.

Truth be told, I was on the fence between a Whipple and the Edelbrock, but the constant unprofessional posts from Whipple on here, combined with the rude, condescending comments people get from them when asking for help or god forbid using another brand blower is solidifying an Edelbrock blower purchase for me in the near future.

Dear Edelbock Guy, to quote Mickey from Rocky: “You outclassed the bum”. Nicely done.

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Boom, there it is. Was waiting for this troll to sniff out a pro-Edelbrock thread and throw down some unprofessional slander as usual.

I worked in a speed shop for almost ten years from age 16-25 and grew to love the Edelbrock brand for their engineering, quality and customer service.

Truth be told, I was on the fence between a Whipple and the Edelbrock, but the constant unprofessional posts from Whipple on here, combined with the rude, condescending comments people get from them when asking for help or god forbid using another brand blower is solidifying an Edelbrock blower purchase for me in the near future.

Dear Edelbock Guy, to quote Mickey from Rocky: “You outclassed the bum”. Nicely done.
Like him or hate him, he has a point! WTF is going on with that dyno graph?!?!? I may have misread it, but doesn't this car have longtubes/exhaust, 98 octane fuel and only made 580whp???

Sponsored

Captain Trips

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP

X2

I sent the Edelbrock tech a direct message a couple weeks back with some questions because I didn't want to start a thread on here that got muddied by all of the this Whipple White-Knight BS.

For what it is worth, Edelbrock got right back to me and answered all of my questions thoroughly.

Edelbrock Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011, 2015 & 2018 Mustangs
Like him or hate him, he has a point! WTF is going on with that dyno graph?!?!? I may have misread it, but doesn't this car have longtubes/exhaust, 98 octane fuel and only made 580whp???
Their 98 octane fuel is actually between 91-93 here in the states (different octane rating). So, just typical premium pump gas, nothing special. To properly measure power gains, you need to compare to a bone stock baseline of the same car on the same dyno. The dyno graph does not do that car justice and is why they took it to the track and showed what the car is really capable of. :cheers:

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0

This was a major reason why I chose Edelbrock over the Whipple... The Whipple is a great product that makes awesome power and can support a TON on top of that, but I can't stand the way they act towards their competitors...

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
This was a major reason why I chose Edelbrock over the Whipple... The Whipple is a great product that makes awesome power and can support a TON on top of that, but I can't stand the way they act towards their competitors...
Being U.K. based I can only go by what I read on the US section.:)

I’m going Edelbrock..:thumbsup:

superman07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 gt350
To be fair, full disclosure I have a Whipple going on my gt350. I would not hesitate to buy a product from Edelbrock. I have a long history of success with them and their products. My first Whipple, so we will see.

So the worst shitstorm to date and the thread that launched 1000 shits (shit posts) was on Facebook where a independent tuner did heads up comparisons between the older TVS and the Whipple Gen 2 and 3. 1000 fanboys of each brand descended into a literal retard fight with a handful of good posts with facts lost in the noise.

Maggy had an executive jump onto the thread, without a Ford product, and talked smack.

1. Whipple does these posts with their own accounts. You may not like it, it does piss off some, but I am yet to see anything from them not legitimate. Many find them in poor taste. Its the internet and information is important, its not a safe space. The boards have moderators.

2. Individuals get into virtually every post here and beat down vendors, sometimes deserved, others not. In this day and age you had better have credibility and be sure whatever you post is true and can be backed up. I have no doubt Edelbrock can handle themselves. I would not consider any vendor claims or data to be legitimate if they were unwilling to answer questions, from anyone. This includes competition.

3. For those that consider it dirty, you have wallets. use them. 10x more powerful than posts on the internet. At least Whipple does not hide behind anon accounts or do some of the shady shit others do. Brash, maybe. Competition is good.

Personally I don't see the point of criticizing graphs and shit. These are all cool cars and we are fucking lucky to have them.

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
The dyno they're using is quite well known for being a heartbreaker.
Moosa Tunga can correct me on this but I'm pretty sure they see bone stock manual cars making around 225 rwkw (290hp) ish.
Don't be fooled. On a US dyno, this kit will make good numbers.
The MPH already tells us that it's doing just fine.
Coming from a guy who's about to fit a Whipple.

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
Man I am soooo glad im not the only one that notices the slanted bias and drama from Whipple on this forum.

This thread makes my day. Reaffirms I am not going crazy. :lol:

Bring on all the 800whp whipple pump gas cars!!!!

Last edited:

BDMACH1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT/CS
Their 98 octane fuel is actually between 91-93 here in the states (different octane rating). So, just typical premium pump gas, nothing special. To properly measure power gains, you need to compare to a bone stock baseline of the same car on the same dyno. The dyno graph does not do that car justice and is why they took it to the track and showed what the car is really capable of. :cheers:
Thanks for the reply. I did not know that Aussi octane differs from here in the US, Thanks for educating me!:cheers: I agree, the only true way to judge it...is at the racetrack!:thumbsup:

To be fair, full disclosure I have a Whipple going on my gt350. I would not hesitate to buy a product from Edelbrock. I have a long history of success with them and their products. My first Whipple, so we will see.

So the worst shitstorm to date and the thread that launched 1000 shits (shit posts) was on Facebook where a independent tuner did heads up comparisons between the older TVS and the Whipple Gen 2 and 3. 1000 fanboys of each brand descended into a literal retard fight with a handful of good posts with facts lost in the noise.

Maggy had an executive jump onto the thread, without a Ford product, and talked smack.

1. Whipple does these posts with their own accounts. You may not like it, it does piss off some, but I am yet to see anything from them not legitimate. Many find them in poor taste. Its the internet and information is important, its not a safe space. The boards have moderators.

2. Individuals get into virtually every post here and beat down vendors, sometimes deserved, others not. In this day and age you had better have credibility and be sure whatever you post is true and can be backed up. I have no doubt Edelbrock can handle themselves. I would not consider any vendor claims or data to be legitimate if they were unwilling to answer questions, from anyone. This includes competition.

3. For those that consider it dirty, you have wallets. use them. 10x more powerful than posts on the internet. At least Whipple does not hide behind anon accounts or do some of the shady shit others do. Brash, maybe. Competition is good.

Personally I don't see the point of criticizing graphs and shit. These are all cool cars and we are fucking lucky to have them.
That thread on BookFace was a complete shitshow!:D

Great post brutha!:cool:

The dyno they're using is quite well known for being a heartbreaker.
Moosa Tunga can correct me on this but I'm pretty sure they see bone stock manual cars making around 225 rwkw (290hp) ish.
Don't be fooled. On a US dyno, this kit will make good numbers.
The MPH already tells us that it's doing just fine.
Coming from a guy who's about to fit a Whipple.
That's just crazy! It's trapping 135 m.p.h. so it's gotta be making some power, do they know what that car weighs???

OP
OP

MoosaTunga

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
it made just on 300rwhp stock. the car weighs 4133lbs with driver, it's a PP (RaceStar wheels, M/T ET Street R tyres) 1/2 tank of fuel and 290-300lb driver. 11psi revving to 7200rpm at strip.

the dyno shows what it shows, there's been a few cars come off it and we look at it each other and think :shrug:. for instance we have a Gen2 300C unopened 6.4 Hemi with a Gen2 Whipple 2.9 on 12psi, the car has factory headers, suspension, cat back and RaceStars. has a built NAG1 5-speed box and converter, weighs 4700lbs runs 9.80@141 guess what it makes on the dyno? 600rwhp :headbang: but the mph is showing 1050hp engine at the track.

problem is dyno numbers sell tunes/kits, if you show a low dyno number people assume you can't tune or the kit is shit etc etc for alot the dyno number is more improtant than a 1/4 ET. most people will never take a kit to it's full potential they are happy with an extra 200-300hp, but, the ones who do it's good to have a company who will listen and try to improve on their product. that benefits everyone, manufacturers, tuners and customers. honestly, from what i can see Edelbrock, Whipple, VMP all seem to be listening to customers wants and needs.

Last edited:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Shouldn’t you be answering the guys who are waiting to find out why your tune doesn’t work on their cars? You bring bad form to the forum.
LOL, little back ground for you:
1. Very few have any issues and doesn't work? Are you on the same planet, same forum? Even with thousands of customers making nearly 850 flywheel HP, very few have found an issue. The one issue found was in worst case scenarios of cat light off at tip in, injector variance, maf temp variance, injector shut off at decel, etc. Only Roush would even know about this as most don't even remodel cat protection and operation. It's been fixed and is free for all once its posted on the server. Just like we've done for years. Just to be clear, it takes other 3-5 calibrations every time they send a kit out. Somehow, magically, we have pre-built files that work across the board, better than almost anybodies, and fully legal.
2. Edelbrock, along with Eaton called us out at SEMA, 2016 stating how superior this new SC was over our 2.9L. Giving erroneous power curves, temp curves, etc. That's what started to stir the pot, were just reacting. We have all the test data, we also have test data from other companies that found the same thing. There is a simple reason why it flat lines.
3. Nothing we state and I mean nothing, can't be backed up. It's for people to have the proper information vs internet folk lore that many feel is good enough to make large decisions. Hate or love it, information is key.
Sponsored