Sponsored

Eaton TVS 2650 Rotors

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
It was dark, that's the only engine shot I got. I'll get some more once it's aligned and cleaned up.

jcart953

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang Premium
Hell im interested in the edelbrock kit too but an honest test would be far more impressive than some dyno sheet of the blower on a dodge.......

Well unless you drive a dodge i dont.......
I'm confused I thought that dyno sheet was from a mustang...:shrug:

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
ya its a mustang i had this thread confused with another edelbrock thread on here with the 8XX wtq green dodge dyno sheet.

Either way what whipple said is accurate. to compare the bigger blower apples to apples it needs a bigger pulley.

Obviously bigger blower makes more hp on same pulley :frusty:

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
Seems Edlebrock has struck a nerve. :lol:
No, but internet folk lore begins with bad information. What do you think a KB 2.8 to 3.2 will do with same pulley, how about our 2.9 to 3.4.....

Picking up 100FT/lbs with most likely 4-6psi more boost is hardly something special.

Yes it has more capacity and will make more power when spun to high rpm as it has more capacity. It's not going to make massive gains at normal pump gas stock engine levels vs the 2300, it's in the neighborhood of 15-20hp from the reduced blower speed at same airflow levels on a stock 5.0 and 10psi. There is no new technology other than a more optimized l/d.

Sponsored

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
It is but with the same speed which simply shows it flows more air, not something anyone would dispute. 2.3 vs 2.65 is 15% difference which is 15% more air. True testing is to show with the same boost levels or calculated same airflow levels. That shows the actual "difference".

Performance nut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT A10
Vehicle Showcase
It is but with the same speed which simply shows it flows more air, not something anyone would dispute. 2.3 vs 2.65 is 15% difference which is 15% more air. True testing is to show with the same boost levels or calculated same airflow levels. That shows the actual "difference".
Fair point actually when you think about it. I found the comment on another thread about producing about the same power with a smaller pulley to be interesting and it made sense that it makes more power with the same size pulley. What isn't answered is how effective the larger unit is when compared to it's predecessor in an apples to apples comparison across the board.

[MENTION=30288]Edelbrock Tech[/MENTION], any comment on this? No desire to see vendors dispute who is better and why the other guy is worse, more of a discussion and eh-jew-cation for those of us less versed in the ways of forced induction. Love to see more detail on this :)

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
so these 2.65 rotors will just go into an existing 2.3 housing?

jayman33

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
15 PP
Look at that small inlet though.

Sponsored

Angry50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
2017 Shelby GT350
No, rotors are different diameter and port shapes are different. Requires new housing.
ok thats what i thought.. what makes the 2650 better? if bigger is better why not make a bigger jump? with whipple at 2.9 and some KBs even bigger?

yonson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 A10 401A, '16 RCSB 5.0
ok thats what i thought.. what makes the 2650 better? if bigger is better why not make a bigger jump? with whipple at 2.9 and some KBs even bigger?
Eaton just designs what their customer(s) ask (and pay) for. In this case a certain manufacturer wanted the 2650 for an upcoming project, and we in the aftermarket get to benefit from it. The aftermarket has been asking Eaton for a larger rotor group for years, however no one's had the budget to convince them into doing so until the above manufacturer finally stepped in...

Whipple SC

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 5.0
10deg more helix and better length vs diameter ratio improved its peak performance over a 2300, but the main thing is bigger diameter and longer rotors for more displacement. What makes them better is the extra capacity. The issue, as before, since they only develop when OEM's pay millions for the SC, they are still stuck against a wall and can't react to what's coming.
Sponsored