GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
Just got this info:

The 2015 Mustang is on the Way
Now that the very last 2014 Ford Mustang has rolled off of the assembly line in Flat Rock Michigan, the workers at the plant will begin making the changes needed to build the next generation Mustang. While the basic assembly process will be very similar, the machinery used to physically assemble the new S550 Mustang will need to be adjusted. Ford has not said exactly how long it will take to complete the retooling process, but it is expected that the Motor Company will launch production this summer and with summer upon us – we should be within no more than two months from the start of production.

Wheels unknown, interior finishes unknown, .....how does Ford start accepting orders with so many things unknown.

Starting to loose my "new car ordered" lust!

Just wish Ford would get the honest info out there.
Sponsored

tbonez3858

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bat mobile
In nine months there will be a Mustang at just about every stoplight (just like there is now)...Im doubting Ford cares with the minor population that is disgruntled over the wait.

Im like you and wish they would leak some new pics, data, something....anything. I have to admit the long wait is definitely cooling my new car fever.

Free Agent

2015 GT Premium
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Prem.
The August 11th Job 1 date has been out there for months. It has been discussed here at length.

And just to let you know. I would assume the first batch of Mustangs rolling off the line will be in a longer than usually quality control check process. I don't see these in anyones driveway until the last week of September at the earliest and I would guess October for the lucky ones that their dealers ordered for stock.

derieuz

The Young Fella'
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
First of all, they are on schedule. They stated in the job scheduling that production for Job#1 will start August 11th.

Second of all, working in a machine shop, I understand what they are going through in terms of retooling and getting ready to prepare a next job. You are just like the little kid saying "Gimme gimme gimme gimme" When you don't realize how hard these people are working to get the Mustangs to us PROPERLY. Sure they could have it done early, and then end up like GM recalling them all back within a year.

Third, how are they not being honest? They are being honest by stating they do not have exact details. If they had put out dates that were "exact" and they ended up missing those dates, everyone would be doing the same thing you are right now, raging at them for something they could not control. You realize the longer they take, the longer it takes for our money to get into their company's pockets? This isn't some fun game for them, its business and they are assuring that it is done properly to satisfy us.

Be happy they allowed you to put in an order, if you want to order a car and get it now, go get a 2014. I'm only 19 years old, I put my order in, and I am more than happy that they gave us this much information this early. I am being patient and not complaining because I realize that the day I go up to my dealership with my car sitting there for me, it will all be worth it. Be patient, seriously.

And technically, we are not buyers yet. We did not purchase the car yet, all we are doing is giving dealerships money saying that we will buy a car to our specifications ordered as their stock. They are giving us the order numbers to allow us to view the manufacturing process. They are not in our names until we sign the multiple pages of paperwork and give them our money.

genericuser1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 M3 convertible
I do think Ford should release hp/tg, weight and fuel economy figures for a car that will be on dealer lots in 3 months.

The earliest I would buy is next spring so it doesn't bother me but I can see how it would bother those looking to buy in early fall.

Sponsored

oustaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hopefully 2016 Mustang
Are you sure you are just 19 years old? I am amazed by so much maturity, keep it up!!!!!

OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
The fact that I put down a deposit shows my faith that "eventually" the car will show up. What I don't like is that the dealer I'm dealing really has not shared any of the info the seems to be readily available here because they say they have no new info.
AND for your 19 years of your life that you've experience of how the real corporate world works, it's not about Gimme gimme, it's about communication.
I've signed a contract, I've paid a deposit...I'm a Buyer, I have an obligation as does the Dealer. My deposit has been with the dealer for 28 days and the only info I've received is that my order has been accepted.

So ya,....a bit of frustration but more directed at Ford for not getting the product info to the dealers in a timely manner as well as letting the "buyer" know the truth from Ford about production and delivery timetables as well as complete production information.

OppoLock

RWD Addict
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sean
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT, '20 GT350
Vehicle Showcase
And technically, we are not buyers yet. We did not purchase the car yet, all we are doing is giving dealerships money saying that we will buy a car to our specifications ordered as their stock. They are giving us the order numbers to allow us to view the manufacturing process. They are not in our names until we sign the multiple pages of paperwork and give them our money.
This.

I almost wish that Ford didn't allow dealerships to open up pre-order banks due to the vocal minority's growing sense of entitlement to information. Ford isn't putting a gun to your head and telling you to put money down now. Let them roll out information at a point that they see fit.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think from time to time we all get a little frustrated by having to wait almost a year after seeing the car for the first time. Or a year and a half, like us in Europe.

I don't think Ford made a smart move with the December unveiling. They are making their customers feel like they need to wait forever, when in fact they are just crazy busy getting everything set up for quality production.

They should have unveiled at the 50th anniversary shows. That would have made their involvement there a lot more worth while.

But that's all water under the bridge. Let's be happy that Job 1 is approaching fast :)

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
The fact that I put down a deposit shows my faith that "eventually" the car will show up. What I don't like is that the dealer I'm dealing really has not shared any of the info the seems to be readily available here because they say they have no new info.
AND for your 19 years of your life that you've experience of how the real corporate world works, it's not about Gimme gimme, it's about communication.
I've signed a contract, I've paid a deposit...I'm a Buyer, I have an obligation as does the Dealer. My deposit has been with the dealer for 28 days and the only info I've received is that my order has been accepted.

So ya,....a bit of frustration but more directed at Ford for not getting the product info to the dealers in a timely manner as well as letting the "buyer" know the truth from Ford about production and delivery timetables as well as complete production information.

You signed a contract? I would call that a mistake.

Sponsored
OP
OP

GStang

GStang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Eco Boost Mustang
I signed a "Purchase Agreement"...without it, no order...no car.

Don't think there's another way to order a car.

JimmyTwoTimes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium
You signed a contract? I would call that a mistake.
I mean... everybody has to sign the purchase order when they put a deposit down, unless you didn't put a deposit down.

Colleton

Mustang Fan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500, 2017 Edge Sport, 2013 Focus ST
Jesus Christ... :rolleyes:

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0
I signed a "Purchase Agreement"...without it, no order...no car.

Don't think there's another way to order a car.
I mean... everybody has to sign the purchase order when they put a deposit down, unless you didn't put a deposit down.

So what happens now if Ford releases the info today and it isn't what you hoped for?

BTW I ordered my 2011 and didn't sign any contract. You could always just wait for the car to actually go on sale, but I guess that would require patience.

buRNout

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chance
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0, Oxford White, saddle
Exactly why I have not ordered. I have everything set up, dealer has all my info and calls 2-3 times a week wanting to know when he can push it through. When the rest of the info has been released, I will go for it. I do understand the frustration though and I understand Ford is hard at work. I think they should put out a little video of all the work and changes going on at the plant, show us a thing or two we have not already seen, and maybe a couple little pieces of new info. But I guess, that would probably only quiet people down for a few days at best. I refresh this page constantly hoping for something, anything new but the last real news we got was the possible weight figures. I am starving here! Give me something new, doesn't have to be HP numbers, just keep my interest
Sponsored