Shift Indicator???

blubyu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
Hey guys, I just picked up a low mileage 15 GT and its been years without a manual and was wondering if there are any type of shift indicators on the infotainment or info screens in the gauge cluster that can tell me what gear im in? At night ive missed a few shifts and doing 40 and downshifting from 5th and hitting 2nd instead of 4th was pretty scary lol and sounded horrible! :frusty:
Sponsored

zackmd1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
1970 Mustang, 1965 AC Cobra, 2023 Ford Bronco 2Dr
Hey guys, I just picked up a low mileage 15 GT and its been years without a manual and was wondering if there are any type of shift indicators on the infotainment or info screens in the gauge cluster that can tell me what gear im in? At night ive missed a few shifts and doing 40 and downshifting from 5th and hitting 2nd instead of 4th was pretty scary lol and sounded horrible! :frusty:
Far as I know there is no indicator to tell you what gear you are in. I do know that at least on the premium there is a shift light. The tach will illuminate red when you approach redline.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
[MENTION=8229]blubyu[/MENTION] Do you still have the factory shifter? The manual cars do not have a way to display what gear it is in but the computer can tell based on RPM and vehicle speed. I have been told the transmission gear ratios are loaded into the network/PCM somewhere.

I hated the factory shifter and how vague and disconnected it felt. I went with MGW shifter and I still think it is the best mod I have done to the car.It has a stronger centering spring so the 2-3 & 6-3 shift is flawless if you let the shifter center itself. I was constantly missing these shifts with the factory shifter due to how it felt and it being body mounted.

OP
OP

blubyu

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Supercharged
Thanks guys for the heads up, I guess ill just have to be careful when shifting at night. I can agree the shifter does feel very vague especially the 3rd to 4th shifts. I am def going to look at getting an aftermarket shifter!

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
[MENTION=8229]blubyu[/MENTION] The manual cars do not have a way to display what gear it is in but the computer can tell based on RPM and vehicle speed. I have been told the transmission gear ratios are loaded into the network/PCM somewhere..
The car knows what gear you are in even if not moving.
I have my Cobb AP mounted and one of the monitors is current gear.
You can row through the gears while sitting still and it reads correctly.
Just saying.......
Sponsored