Headers + GT350 CAI & GT350 Throttle Body Questions

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Hi guys,

Noob questions here:

I recently bought some used ARH catless headers with the 3'' x-pipe and am piecing together more parts before I install anything.

I've been looking around for a good cold air intake to complement the future headers, but I hope the stock air intake is sufficient. Right now, I like the OEM quality that I see of the GT350 cold air intake and its price compared to other alternatives even after adding the price of the GT350 throttle body.

Have you guys experienced success with the stock intake manifold, headers, GT350 CAI and GT350 throttle body?

If it was found the stock air intake was sufficient from your data logs, I would rather save my money. I just drive on the street anyways.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a N-gauge sale to have the tuning aspect squared away before my install unless you guys think otherwise.

Thanks,

Ivan

Future work:

Sponsored

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Congrats on the headers, you bought the best ones you can buy! I would save your money on CAI and TB until you do an intake mani. If you upgrade to a gt350 im, I would then get 47lb injectors, a gt350 TB if you want better throttle response, and a JLT gt350 CAI. I would have suggested the PMAS CAI but I bought one and I do not like the look, fitment (hits hood), or quality (cheap clamps, falls apart). The gt350 JLT is 120mm just like the PMAS and much better fitment/quality. This is just my opinion, I'm sure you will get others. Good luck!

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Thanks. That's great news. I'd rather not change out my stock CAI, and since I stay on the street it would be hard to really enjoy the GT350 intake manifold.

I hope the header install isn't as hard as changing out my differential cover was. Haha.

Thanks,

Ivan

Laztug

Wanna run dyno slips bro?
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Calling out OKC #1 spot after axle back install.
I have that same setup!
You will like it, esp with the mt-82.

Kahboom

Kahboom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GTPP, Recaros/2014 Explorer Sport 4X4
Header install is not the easiest thing by yourself, doable sure, mush easier if you have tiny hands, LoL

Sponsored

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
Header install is not the easiest thing by yourself, doable sure, mush easier if you have tiny hands, LoL
It took me about a month's worth of weekends to change out my diff cover so there is hope it isn't as bad.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Carroll Shelbys Soul Lives Under My GT350 Hood
Hi guys,

Noob questions here:

I recently bought some used ARH catless headers with the 3'' x-pipe and am piecing together more parts before I install anything.

I've been looking around for a good cold air intake to complement the future headers, but I hope the stock air intake is sufficient. Right now, I like the OEM quality that I see of the GT350 cold air intake and its price compared to other alternatives even after adding the price of the GT350 throttle body.

Have you guys experienced success with the stock intake manifold, headers, GT350 CAI and GT350 throttle body?

If it was found the stock air intake was sufficient from your data logs, I would rather save my money. I just drive on the street anyways.

I'll be keeping an eye out for a N-gauge sale to have the tuning aspect squared away before my install unless you guys think otherwise.

Thanks,

Ivan

Future work:

I have a 2016 GT350 and I did all the prototyping for ARH long tubes on the GT350 for ARH. If you get a GT350 CAI do so. Do not waste your money on a JLT, steeda etc. I have a JLT and when I dynoed my car for ARH I also dynoed the difference between stock cai and JLT. The JLT made 2 more hp but I concluded it was more from the 1 hour cool down time between swaps. Waste of money. It's collecting dust in my garage. Besides I like the oem looks and quality of the stock one. Good luck.
Stock, on a stock tune and 93 Sunoco I pulled 454 rwhp.
With ARH long tubes, catless X pipe on stock tune, stock CAI and same tank of 93 I pulled 484 rwhp.
With ARH long tubes, catless X pipe with Lund tune, Sunoco 260gt 100 octane race fuel I pulled 547 rwhp.
I know I have a gt350, I'm just pointing out my gains. The JLT only gained me 2 hp and as I said that could of been from the cool down between swaps.

OP
OP
IvanCRF

IvanCRF

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.On'ry
I have a 2016 GT350 and I did all the prototyping for ARH long tubes on the GT350 for ARH. If you get a GT350 CAI do so. Do not waste your money on a JLT, steeda etc. I have a JLT and when I dynoed my car for ARH I also dynoed the difference between stock cai and JLT. The JLT made 2 more hp but I concluded it was more from the 1 hour cool down time between swaps. Waste of money. It's collecting dust in my garage. Besides I like the oem looks and quality of the stock one. Good luck.
I couldn't have gotten a better blessing about the GT350 parts than that!

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
I couldn't have gotten a better blessing about the GT350 parts than that!
Also if you were to get the ford performance oil catch can for the driver side it mates perfect to the GT350 CAI. I see you have the right side already.

Voodooo

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Ivan, you have some great suspension mods. You need to get some front lower control arm bearings from Cortex and some camber plates.

If anyone is interested I have the following collecting dust in my garage.
Maximum motorsports camber plates. Brand new in box.
BMR front and rear adjustable sway bar end links. Brand new in box.
BMR rear control arm lower bearings. Brand new in box.
BMR vertical links. Brand new in box.

Sponsored

Gibbo205

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UK 2015 Mustang & BMW E46 M3
Get the Ford GT 350 CAI with GT 350 duct, it cost only like $200 !

Then just buy an Airaid GT500 oiled filter for it and it will make just as much power if not more power than the JLT unit and it will have much nicer/smoother throttle response as you will be using kit that Ford put huge amounts of R&D into as the GT350 setup was designed with performance in mind.

The manufacturers showing big gains with JLT 350 CAI on the GT 350, those gains are coming from the tune they are putting on the cars, not the JLT. :)

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I have a JLT and have nothing against his product or any other CAI/HAI (Hot Air Intake) product. Believe it or not I purchased of one of JLT's first CAI, before he was known as JLT, from him before he started his business. I had just bought a new 03 Cobra and someone mentioned that one the mechanics home built CAI's in his garage. So I contacted him and drove to his house and sure enough, in his garage was a mess of stuff and he built me a CAI. This was in Virginia Beach area in 2003. The rest is history.

I like the looks of a CAI more than anything, I really like the looks of the Airaid intake. I've used the C&L more than any CAI, another favorite. The stock intake or the GT350 stock intake is good enough in my opinion. Anyway, I just installed the GT350 IM and have yet to use it, I can't get above 6500rpm anywhere around this place, as there are two speeds, slow and slower. Frustrating. My long-tubes and a tune I can at least feel.

I'm older now so I don't or should I say, rarely ever street race but a few weeks back, on my way back from San Antonio, I had a Cadillac ATSV, the one with the LS7 motor, pestering me. Nobody around so we ran and though I had him by about two cars, I thought, with the 350 IM, probably would have pulled away a bit more so I had it installed.....for that one time out of a thousand :) Now for those who run every weekend, like I used to in my C6, different story. The FAST intake I put on my C6 is what I was hoping the 350 IM would be like. That intake changed my C6 for the better, better than my custom cam did. This intake is, like you said, hard to see the benefits unless you're above a certain rpm. The 350 guys are lucky, they just have a bad ass stang from the get go :)
Sponsored