Sponsored

Said goodbye to my Mustang today

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
My commute here in Tampa for my new job has left with the need for something a bit more practical and efficient, so after 6 fun filled years I parted ways with my 07 GT today. I found myself more than a bit sentimental today leaving my old friend behind at the dealer.

I was hoping to pick up an Ecoboost, but finances just didn't allow it right now, so I got a 2015 Focus. Maybe in the future I'll be able to rejoin the Mustang family.

I don't know how often I'll be on here from now on, but it's been a lot of fun talking Mustangs with all of you for the last year and a half.

Cheers.
Sponsored

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
Im surprised because dealerships are practically giving away V6 base models for under $20k that still get 19/28. I dont think you can get a Focus under $20k these days for base model either.

Comparing gas mileage of a sports car to a Prius class vehicle obviously isn't close. I mean sure you get 10mpg more, but that's what, a couple bucks every 200-300 miles more in gas cost?

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Didn't really want a V6 Mustang. I really wanted a well equipped Ecoboost or GT, and neither of those were in the budget right now. It was a matter of finances as well as practicality and MPG. I'm not going to get a Mustang model I don't want simply just to have a Mustang.

I would have kept my current GT except the Chicago winters did a number on the undercarriage and suspension, and a mechanic I trust said the rust was bad and that I was better off unloading the car before it had more serious problems.

I'm only 28, so I'm sure there will be plenty of opportunity down the road to pick one up when circumstances change.

Sponsored

15GTBEN

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 SRT Hellcat A8, 2019 Tesla Model 3 Performance
I had a new Focus for my rental car recently. No Mustang but not a bad ride and fairly zippy for a 4 banger, I think 160 horse. I averaged 31 mpg and I was flooring it everywhere, lol.

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
I had a new Focus for my rental car recently. No Mustang but not a bad ride and fairly zippy for a 4 banger, I think 160 horse. I averaged 31 mpg and I was flooring it everywhere, lol.
I got an SE with the sport package that has the paddle shifters and upgraded 17 inch rims. It's obviously a big difference from my Mustang, but it gets up and goes okay.

Stam616

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6 51A Mag Gray Metallic
I got an SE with the sport package that has the paddle shifters and upgraded 17 inch rims. It's obviously a big difference from my Mustang, but it gets up and goes okay.
Good luck and you're still a member of the "Ford Family" like you said , you're 28.. Mustang will be there when your are ready. :ford: come here to talk Mustangs whenever you want :)

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
i know 3 people that have gotten st's under 20k within last month.

OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
Good luck and you're still a member of the "Ford Family" like you said , you're 28.. Mustang will be there when your are ready. :ford: come here to talk Mustangs whenever you want :)
Yeah, I was definitely staying with Ford no matter what. I might look at a Mustang again 2 or 3 years down the road. I just wasn't that into getting a V6 model. My goal was to drive my GT for another year or more until finances were right for buying a premium model (preferably GT), but my mechanic said I should probably dump it due to the rust problems underneath, and it was starting to develop annoying creaking and squeaking from the suspension. I had to have something reliable for the work commute that fit my budget, hence the Focus.

I'll definitely try to stop in from time to time since this has been a great site with a great group of posters, and it was tremendous fun talking about the new car in the months leading up to production.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Wildcat

Wildcat

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Focus
i know 3 people that have gotten st's under 20k within last month.
I could have gotten a leftover 2014 ST for around 20, but I have a hellish commute and have never driven a manual before, so that kind of took that out of the picture for me.

Horse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
300 hp with 3 pedals
Im surprised because dealerships are practically giving away V6 base models for under $20k that still get 19/28. I dont think you can get a Focus under $20k these days for base model either.

Comparing gas mileage of a sports car to a Prius class vehicle obviously isn't close. I mean sure you get 10mpg more, but that's what, a couple bucks every 200-300 miles more in gas cost?
Tell me more about $20k v6 please. I wish we could get such deals at Atlanta.

OH5GT 2 S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT, 2018 Mustang Convertible, 2017 BMW X5, 2017 F150
I don't think they exist. Maybe....maybe on xplan, but even then I don't think its 20K!!!

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO
lowest i've see v6 is 23k

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There was a whole thread about it here in the General section. If I can find it I'll link to it.

EDIT: heres 1 http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=16232 $19,725 V6 base manual. They do exist. There are actually a few there between $19-21k if you look to the bottom left of the page.

I think the dealerships ordered V6 models for stock like previous years underestimating Ecoboost demand and can't sell the V6s
Sponsored