Sponsored

What did you do to your S550 Mustang today?!

altjx

GTFO_0036 | 1337 h4x3r
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.altonj.io
First Name
Alton J.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
I have a Magnaflow Comp CBE and how I had to tweak the passenger muffler to match the driver side made it very close to the sub frame, right where it bends around the diff. In the air or on the ground it doesn't touch. And it's actually pretty rigid it was difficult to make it contact by pushing on it. But in certain situations I hear this metallic rattle briefly, right from where that would be heard from inside the cabin. Sounds very similar to your video. But mine usually only happens when I'm accelerating slowly while turning, right. Like when I leave my driveway, and turn out of my development. I think it has to flex just right to make contact. I notice it a little more now as I get more miles on the car. Was thinking about seeing if I could replace those hangar bushings with something with a higher durometer. Maybe that would keep the flex and contact down. You can check there. Also I read of someone reporting the passenger side A/C line would make contact with the header too. And had to do some creative maneuvering of the line. Don't remember what headers he had though.
Gotcha. Very informative man. Thanks for the info! They did check around the AC line but didn't make any changes. Assuming everything was fine there. Going to take another look today

Khyber

it's a hard parked life
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Landon
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP CO

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
[MENTION=16361]Jesse R[/MENTION] you should tell us more about your yellow Stang. It must feel overshadowed by your new ride. Poor thing is forced to park up next to the wall. :(
Lol [MENTION=16078]GTP[/MENTION]..she is in retirement. I daily drove that car since new so now she gets to rest. It's a 2003 Mach 1 with a Ford Aluminator crate engine and a of other goodies. The car has 125k miles but the engine has about 20k.

Sponsored

Jesse R

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB PP 2003 Mach 1
There both fun in their own respects. I might get some panties in a bunch when I say this. I feel when I get into the 03, I'm actually a in Mustang. The car shakes, it rumbles it rattles, it squeaks it's not so forgiving. You actually have to drive the damn thing. Traction control and the ABS might as well be non existent. I grew up with mustangs like that. And the sound of a 32 Valve 4.6 can't be beat..sorry 5.0 guys

The 2015 is a whole new game. I wanted something nice t drive and good on gas that's why I went ecoboost. It's a great car looks amazing, drives great does everything I need it to do for a daily..but it just lacks the old school mustang feel that I was raised with. (Yes I test drove the GT as well).

They both serve their purpose. The 03 when I want to go out and hammer the throttle doing burnouts everywhere. And the 2015 when I need comfortable transportation lol

No plans on doing anything as of right now, I'm trying to move half way across the country so my funds are limited. But maybe one day it will have a Whipple on it

Reactions: GTP

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
This is Post # 15000!

What do I win?? :clap2:
Just wondering where you came up with the 15,000 number, your post count says 1,457 and the thread count is 1,000.

just wondering :shrug:

HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
Just wondering where you came up with the 15,000 number, your post count says 1,457 and the thread count is 1,000.

just wondering :shrug:
15,000th post in this thread.

Sponsored

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
Installed Borla S type catback yesterday - In love. Car lasted a whole week and half before I started modding (besides tint).

Quick video of a few revs. It was getting late (almost 9) so I didn't want to piss any neighbors off so I only revv'd up to 4k.
Sounds great! How was the install? I'm planning to install my S types Friday night :clap2:

tcman54

Stanghead
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
:frusty::lol: Page number vs posts in thread...
Oh, I see the the overall thread post count is in the upper right of each post, got it. :doh:

Terry :hail:

Shouldhavegotthegt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT 2014 Ram 1500 RCSB 4x4
Sounds great! How was the install? I'm planning to install my S types Friday night :clap2:
I did these a few weeks ago. Install is pretty easy. I recommend getting some WD40 to make the pipes slide together easier. Other than that it's just taking the old one off which is super heavy and just putting the new one in
Sponsored