Sponsored

2020 GT500 Mustang Caught Testing Uncovered For The First Time

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Complaining about the headlights is like saying you wouldn't bang a super model because of a crooked toe.
Sponsored

Bladex10

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Cobra
I do find it interesting that they arent updating the headlights. I'm having a really hard time getting excited for this car because its likely going to be in the $70k range base then tack on the year and half worth of ridiculous dealer mark ups. Its going to be an easy $100k car. Suddenly a low $40k used GT350 sounds way better.

Ghostrealm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Triple Yellow Mustang Convertible Fully Loaded with GT body package, 2002,Black WS6 Trans am Ram Air (winter car) First car 2000 Laser Red Mustang GT
Thank God they kept the 15-17 headlights!!!! Everyone I asked including my GF says the 2018 Headlights ae just an awful design. Love these 15-17 headlights. They look like the side of a snakes fangs.

Sponsored

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Parking Brake

Why have an extra caliper for the park brake?
Probably because they are using the smaller Hub from the front, which has more Disc area and not enough room for the 350 Drum and Shoe setup.

Side Splitter appears to be an afterthought rock deflector for the wider front track. Also may have some aero effect, with the air swirling up and over, before heading to the rear. Might end up giving a tiny bit of Side downforce. And reduce drag (mutually exclusive?). Sort of like the original Wind Tunnel Models from the 60s and 70s that had the front rocker sweep up from behind the front wheel and the rear sweep down outside the front to Control airflow around the rear wheels.

With the Supercharger and higher Hoodline than the 350, the wider front fenders help restore the 350 aspect ratio that makes the 350 look a little sleeker than the GT.

HizliBullet

GT350
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mustang
Vehicle(s)
16 GT350, 17 Edge Sport
Vehicle Showcase
those exhaust tips though wow

Hi-PO Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Shelby GT500
If the GT500 does use the wheels in the photo , I would be okay with that. I actually like the wheels. This spy photo appears to show the entry level GT500.

Sponsored

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
TOTALLY AGREE. I guess they realised they made a mistake and might as well fix it now before its too late. Good job Ford for staying strong.:headbang:
Agreed.

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
They like headlights that look like the car had a stroke.

Why is everyone all of a sudden so shocked and disappointed that they're retaining the 15-17 headlights? That's one of the few things the teaser clearly confirmed and it's clear they wanted to use the aerodynamic benefits of the GT350 front end.

EJS2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ed
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT Premium, 6A, 3.55 / '08 GT
Looks killer!
Powerful and purposeful.

Can’t wait until a video with audio gets posted to hear the sweet sounds blasting from those bad-ass quad tips...and the DCT banging through the gears.

The full reveal with confirmation of complete model(s) lineup details, specifications and hp/tq output cannot come soon enough!

70-80k price range.

Last edited: