Sponsored

Bullitt Engine Pics - TT0018 at Atlanta

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
I was hoping the completely blank 2015-2017 panel was still available and would fit the '18/'19's.
The FRPP "badgeless" deck lid panel does indeed fit the '18/'19 model cars. The problem, as mentioned, is that it is no longer available nor has it been for some time now. When I ordered mine, I learned from my favorite FRPP warehouse that it was to be discontinued. Didn't make sense as it was a very hot item but I learned it had to do with manufacturing issues. My own panel was defective but I didn't complain because you couldn't see it. Ford Racing bailed on the piece instead of correcting the issue. So I was indeed surprised when I saw them start to carry the new piece. I'm eager to see if it is being made by a new supplier or not.

This is who makes (or made) the panels both OEM and through Ford Racing.

http://www.tribarmfg.net/Welcome.html

I though Ford did a good job with the badging on the GT350 as it was minimalist and well executed. I still preferred a clean panel.

I think the engine looks fabulous without a cover. I also like the big bold emblems. If I drive a Bullitt , I want everyone to know it. I don't want to drive bellow the radar.
Steve Mcqueen was the epitome of a mix of subtle and cool. Ford captured a bit of that in the Bullitt along with homage to the car he drove in the original movie. Steve wasn't about gaudy "flamboyantism" just as the car has always been a bit subdued - same as the movie car was. This car is all about flying under the radar except for the few that recognize what it is all about. And to them, it is one sharp looking beast that packs a powerful, if not historic, punch.

JWS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2015 WW-50th LE Auto-0745-Grandé
Tribar History

I don’t think they’re going to dump Tribar.
790B156D-E0CA-4BBA-B772-FC159022DA73.jpeg

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It ain't about dumping but rather proportion.

Ericc B

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Various Mustang GTs
I think they simply discontinued the entirely 2015 clean panel and replaced it with the new 2018 clean panel that has the two horizontal lines on it.

If you want an entirely clean one you can always remove the badge from your factory panel, sand the lines off, fill the holes and repaint it. This will also work with the new Bullitt panel because the faux gas cap with the gigantic Bullitt logo on it is actually a seperate piece that can be pried off the same way as you would remove the GT logo or the pony in case of an EcoBoost. It just leaves two extra holes when compared to the GT or pony logo's.

Sponsored

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
Eh, the handful I've seen looked great. Just throwing an option out that I've seen to look good.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I think they simply discontinued the entirely 2015 clean panel and replaced it with the new 2018 clean panel that has the two horizontal lines on it.
No.

There was a manufacturing issue and an abnormally large number of panels were sold with defects (the original, badgeless FRP part). As I said, Ford Racing chose to discontinue offering that specific part as a result.

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
TT018

in NYC

Sponsored

Topnotch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mazda CX-9 Touring
the Blue Fusion on the floor is E7

c-rizzle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Explorer Sport
The wheels look like the 15-17 v6 wheels just blown up a few inches. Surely they will put some type of cover on the engine because that looks like a mess underhood.
The wheels are horrible
AGREED!

If only they had put the PP2 wheels, maybe in black, on it!!

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
They managed to make that engine almost as ugly as the 4.6 Mustang engine.

Blech!:barf:
Thankfully us 4V owners were exempt from the ugliness factor plaguing the 4.6's.

I'm seeing a progressive level of ugliness to the Coyote engine bays with each new model. The 2011-2014 engines looked the best imo. Even the GT350 engine bay didn't escape the trend. It looks like crap compared to the Boss 302. They should've at least put some coil covers on the Bullitt when they decided to not use the hideous plastic cover from the 2018 GT.

StangFever2846

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2003 Mach 1
The Bullitt looks WAY better in person than in pictures. Way...way better. The small subtle changes actually made me like the '18 styling, on that car at least.
I'm loving the color! :thumbsup: