Sponsored

2nd time oil change, 1st time diff oil change @4500miles, no mess

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
engine oil change:

2nd time doing it, took the forum's advice and first drill a hole in the filter, let the oil drip out; then slowly turn the oil filter let more drips out. 0 mess, took about 15mins total for the oil filter. In the dealership if you don't tell them to do so, there is no way they will take this much care, and the outcome is inevitably a large mess of oil. When I took my old filter off, the black rubber ring on the filter didn't come off. If it is dark then it can be very hard to see, so it is important to make sure the filter is off as well as the black rubber ring.

filtermag:
can confirm the SS300 fits the filter perfectly. our engine oil system doesn't have a magnet anywhere, so I thought I will put a mag ring on the filter just in case.

diff oil change:

very simple just 2 bolts on the back on the case using 3/8''. My other car requires a diff oil change at 1200mile now i can see why. at 4500miles, the stuff that came out is a deep dark green. both the drain and the fill hole are fully covered in a layer of fine iron grain. I wish i changed mine sooner. The reason why the diff oil is green is b/c it is filled with friction modifier. the stock oil is clear yellow no smell, the friction modifier is clear green with strong smell. Manual calls for 1.5L I used a bit more around 1.8L. I have a Tech car and i highly recommend everyone change their between 2000-5000miles. On the diff it has a label calls for 75w-85.

Tranny oil change:

did mine at 1000miles. used the ATF in the pic below, same smell same color and texture as the stock one.

o5ylpz.jpg
Sponsored

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Do you have to prime the pumps or anything on the diff? Im not sure where the pump is relative to the diff height wise?

What prompted the Diff and Tranny change so early

OP
OP

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
sorry tech car, no pump on the diff or the tranny.

my other car requires engine/tranny/diff oil change at 1200miles. I think the idea is to get rid of the first batch of oil that contains break in metal shavings.

Do you have to prime the pumps or anything on the diff? Im not sure where the pump is relative to the diff height wise?

What prompted the Diff and Tranny change so early

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
sorry tech car, no pump on the diff or the tranny.

my other car requires engine/tranny/diff oil change at 1200miles. I think the idea is to get rid of the first batch of oil that contains break in metal shavings.
Gotcha did you have a lift? Ramps? On my other car to do the tranny you need the car level

ahl395

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Allan
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT, 2006 Infiniti G35X
Can you explain how to change the ATF in more detail? I've been told theres a drain and fill plug similar to a diff.

Sponsored

OP
OP

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
the tranny fluid change is almost the same as the diff change.
drain bolt and the very bottom towards the end of the tranny, fill bolt on the side above it on the driver side.

undo drain bolt, drain, and level the car and pump fluid to the fill hole until ATF starts to drip out.

the only tool needed is 3/8'' wrench and a pump which you can get from harbor freight for $5.

Can you explain how to change the ATF in more detail? I've been told theres a drain and fill plug similar to a diff.

OP
OP

arsenalrocks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I have ramps and a couple low profile 3-ton jacks, but yes for the tranny and diff you would need the car to be level.

Gotcha did you have a lift? Ramps? On my other car to do the tranny you need the car level
Sponsored