OP
Grandpa Bill

Grandpa Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Stoli... Getting Old Sucks.

I get a kick out of spending the money for a fancy cap for the brake reseviour and then using dymo tape to label the tank. lol
Hey Stoli... Yes I have had second thoughts about the Tape.... But as you grow older, and become an 'Old Fart" like me, things start to shut down...like:
Eyes..Glasses
Ears...Hearing Aids
Pecker... Little Blue Pill
Memory... Dymo Tape Label Maker.
Yes... Getting old really sucks..
Grandpa Bill.
Sponsored

Chameleon

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.ebay.com
Vehicle(s)
03' Cobra, 05' GT, 13' GT, 15' GT
Hey Stoli... Yes I have had second thoughts about the Tape.... But as you grow older, and become an 'Old Fart" like me, things start to shut down...like:
Eyes..Glasses
Ears...Hearing Aids
Pecker... Little Blue Pill
Memory... Dymo Tape Label Maker.
Yes... Getting old really sucks..
Grandpa Bill.
LOL

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
I installed a K&N CAI a few weeks back that does not use that crappy sound tube. The kit plugs the sound tube right at the big drum in the piping. It looked crappy sitting there and did nothing so last night I finally yanked it out.

DO NOT mess around with getting the nylock nut off. I disconnected the tube from the strut tower then I just stood at the front of the car, grabbed it with one hand and the other hand on the strut brace. Using my weight I just bounced back 4-5 times and the thing came straight off. Took less than a minute.

The tough part was getting the cap on the hole in the firewall. I used the Dorman Master Cylinder Gasket (Part #42098) from auto zone (Autozone) and worked my hand behind the engine until I got it to stay. Then to ensure it was on I grabbed a stick from the yard and just pushed it the rest of the way on.

Took less than 10 minutes total and definitely cleans up the engine bay.

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Hahahahahahaha....FML. :frusty:

I hereby admit complete and utter defeat on the firewall plug. I have the Dorman unit mentioned above, have tried more than six to ten times with no love. My hands are too fucking big to accomplish such a seemingly simple task. I get it started and go to push it in with a screwdriver handle or similar, and it falls out. I even made a makeshift tool with no success. Up until the last attempt it fell through to the ground but this last time it has lodged somewhere, probably on top of the transmission or some such. My car will never see rain, so maybe I leave the hole open from here. I don't even care at this point, I have had enough. Clusterfuck defined. Wow.

$50 cash (and beer) to the first local person who wants to meet up at my house and get this done. :D

OP
OP
Grandpa Bill

Grandpa Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
long drive from Austin to Min.

I hereby admit complete and utter defeat on the firewall plug. I have the Dorman unit mentioned above, have tried more than six to ten times with no love. My hands are too fucking big to accomplish such a seemingly simple task. I get it started and go to push it in with a screwdriver handle or similar, and it falls out. I even made a makeshift tool with no success. Up until the last attempt it fell through to the ground but this last time it has lodged somewhere, probably on top of the transmission or some such. My car will never see rain, so maybe I leave the hole open from here. I don't even care at this point, I have had enough. Clusterfuck defined. Wow.

$50 cash (and beer) to the first local person who wants to meet up at my house and get this done. :D
Man, we have got to find a way for you to plug that hole...a leak in the manifold, cats, or pipes could but carbon monoxide in the cabin and that not good. I don't know how tall you are but this is the technique that I used.
Placed rug or some protection over driver fender.
Stepped on small two step stool FACING TOWARD rear of car.
Had plug in my LEFT HAND.
Put Right Hand on Hood to balance yourself and watch your head.
SLOWLY slide your LEFT HAND with plug between thumb and index finger down the firewall.
KEEP FEELING for the Hole... Like you did in High School, in the back of your old mans Buick at the Drive In.!! LOL.. OPPS I'm aging myself, you probably don't know what a DRIVE In Is... ????
Once you find the hole, start at bottom working in the lip all around until you reach the top, then slowly snap it in.
Believe me, this technique works... I have five kids... LOL.
Grandpa Bill, Austin, Tx.

Sponsored

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium

Girlfriend/Wife/Date. It takes 5 seconds if you can just get a hand down there. Sister, girl next door, stripper at closing time... just pick one :)

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
So i am about to replace the stock clutch line for the Steeda braided clutch line and while doing this i decided to remove the sound tube. I removed the soung tube from the air box side with no problem and then went to remove the other end from the firewall and it came out with no resistance. Come to find out it was never attached with the 10mm nut. Easy as pie but weird. I bought it new with very few miles. I guess someone at the factory must of forgot to attach it to the firewall. :shrug:

Thanks to Grandpa Bill for the video which shows the furniture leg cover and for the Doorman master cylinder cover part #42098

JadedGT

Threads
Reaction score
Website
benkressler.clickfunnels.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Murdered out
Did mine today what a pain in the a$# to get that 10mm nut off. Tried yanking the tube off but no joy age sets in and you aren't as strong as you used to be. There are two lines attached to the fender near the oil dipstick. I was able to disconnect those and temporarly removed the plastic holders from the fender. Then I squeezed one of my girl like arms along the side of my engine block to the nut. I was able to start it with a 1/4 drive ratchet, 10mm deep socket and a flex joint. Once I had it about half way off had to switch to an open ended wrench. Was only able to turn the nut about 1/4 to 1/8 of a turn each time. Nylon nut made it too hard to move by fingers until it was almost off. One of those finger drive wrenches might do the trick if you can get your hand to the firewall on that side. Having the performance package with the strut braces made it harder.

Key is you have to small skinny arms, bigger or normal sized arms you won't be able to get to it. Might have to ask your lady friend to help you out if she has smaller arms.

Thx for the video helped out getting an idea what was in store for the job.
Sponsored