Sponsored

Grandpa Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Hey Everybody.... This is my first post on this Forum, and I would like to say that I have a 2015 Mustang GT Premium and I made a video on YouTube on how to remove the sound tube. Some of us like the sound tube, buy others find it tacky...I removed mine so I could hear the pure sound of my Ford Racing Touring Exhaust...I don't know if I can post a link to my YouTube Video, but here it is.. If I am violating some Forum rules, please tell me. Thanks... Grandpa Bill. Austin.
Sponsored

MyLilPony

Naw It's Stock
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT, 18 JLUR, 15 JK
So much time wasted...drink a beer, disconnect from the intake, disconnect from the body, give it a good pull and then plug. To me 30 sec to get it off... Seriously the easiest way to get it off.

grumblin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT Premium
So much time wasted...drink a beer, disconnect from the intake, disconnect from the body, give it a good pull and then plug. To me 30 sec to get it off... Seriously the easiest way to get it off.
This right here. OP thanks for the video, but unless you intend to put that bad boy back on, just give it a yank and be on your way to the next mod.

batz1917

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Mustang GT Premium (401a) w/ PP
What size is the plug used on the firewall? I installed a K&N CAI that does not use the sound tube but I have half of the sound tube still connected (drum to firewall). i would like to remove the whole thing but I need the firewall plug first.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

HULKNASTY

SLOW5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
There's a 10mm bolt holding it in that's a bitch to get and I used a master cylinder gasket from autozone to plug the hole perfectly!

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I need to borrow someone with kid arms/hands to get my firewall plug in place. :lol:

I'm built like a linebacker and my hands don't fit back there, no way, no how.

phrenetiK

IF YOU QUOTE PICS I H8 U
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Premium PP Recaros Race Red
i cut mine as far back as i could reach and plugged the tube...lol

HULKNASTY

SLOW5.0
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
The only way it would be easier is to remove the strut-firewall brace so you can reach straight in but it was worth it imo, there's no longer the intake/engine noise by my feet and its gunna matter a lot more once I get my CAI and tune!

OP
OP
Grandpa Bill

Grandpa Bill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
This might work...

What size is the plug used on the firewall? I installed a K&N CAI that does not use the sound tube but I have half of the sound tube still connected (drum to firewall). i would like to remove the whole thing but I need the firewall plug first.

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Try this:DORMAN HELP! Master Cylinder Gasket Part #42098

Lou

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT PP Mustang
I need to borrow someone with kid arms/hands to get my firewall plug in place. :lol:

I'm built like a linebacker and my hands don't fit back there, no way, no how.
The small nut was a bit of a pain but the plug was nearly impossible.... took longer than the entire removal just to get that freakin firewall plug in. Tight space to get your hand in a decent position. It was done last week and my hand is still bruised from forcing it. I used the supplied plug from JLT CAI.

It does look much cleaner though after full removal.
20150809_211621.jpg

Sponsored

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
Still no luck with that goddamn plug. Tried again last night by moving a line that's secured with a rubber bushing to the left of the hole, still not quite enough room. There's another line (fuel maybe?) above and to the left of the hole that makes it impossible for me....

I think I'm going to have to make a tool to get it.... :headbonk:

stoli

Fat Guy Racing
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
'15 Black GT/PP
I get a kick out of spending the money for a fancy cap for the brake reseviour and then using dymo tape to label the tank. lol

ForTehNguyen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT
i got the plug in easily even with the PP strut and K brace...but im skinny

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
The PP bracing isn't the issue for me, it's the tight confines behind the head and all the lines and crap around the hole.....

SVTFreak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Wimbledon white LE #275 A6
I used a stubby 1/4" drive ratchet, a u joint and a deep 10mm socket. Used my right hand but I was facing the front passenger lamp to get a good angle for shoulder. Reached in and in under 3 minutes had it off. That long cause I had to take a break (I'm getting old, shoulder hurts sometimes and that was a day it was). It was pretty easy compared to some folks. I don't like yanking shit off. Something bout doing things the right way feels good to me.

The plug was the hardest part. I used the jlt supplied plug. Ended up using a long 3/8" drive extension to get enough pry force to get it started the then work it in around the edges.
Sponsored