Sponsored

2016 new colors?

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
Will the new year bring any new colors or will they keep them all the same? By the time I'm ready to purchase it will be up close to when they will be releasing the 2016 models and would be bummed if they came out with a new color that I really liked and did not wait.
Sponsored

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Will the new year bring any new colors or will they keep them all the same? By the time I'm ready to purchase it will be up close to when they will be releasing the 2016 models and would be bummed if they came out with a new color that I really liked and did not wait.
I would bet that 2016 will replace the regular non-metallic black with the Tuxedo Black that is available on the Fusion, built in the same plant. Outside of that, no idea.

Blk2015GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT
I would bet that 2016 will replace the regular non-metallic black with the Tuxedo Black that is available on the Fusion, built in the same plant. Outside of that, no idea.
Thank god I got regular black in 2015. I HATE metallic paints after having a metallic Vista Blue S197. It was a nightmare to touchup as no paint matched what was on the car due to the metallic flake. A body shop said you have to spray metallic paints so that the metallic flake is evenly spread and reflects correctly to match the OEM paint job.

It looked horrible with darker blue dots touching up chips and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.

unintelligible

V1, VR, Gear Up!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT Premium
Thank god I got regular black in 2015. I HATE metallic paints after having a metallic Vista Blue S197. It was a nightmare to touchup as no paint matched what was on the car due to the metallic flake. A body shop said you have to spray metallic paints so that the metallic flake is evenly spread and reflects correctly to match the OEM paint job.

It looked horrible with darker blue dots touching up chips and I couldn't wait to get rid of it.
True, though the car I had that displayed the worst color match of all time was actually a plain refrigerator white car (BMW's Alpine White). Clearcoats have their own yellowish tint so it was obvious it had been repainted. Black might not be a problem though. Not really a lot of shade variation there.

OP
OP
Gudz2015

Gudz2015

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GTPP
I actually really like tuxedo black. I would like a lighter blue

Sponsored

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

cbrookre

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Convertible 50th app
It definitely will have different colors. Or it will not. One of the two for certain.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
How about ditching 30 year old Utility Truck paint color "Oxford White" with a more luxurious shade, you think?

Sponsored

dsp4848

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP Magnetic
Not that I will be in the market for a '16, but I think they should have a different red than Race Red. In my opinion the Race Red is too orange-ish.

phil1336

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford C-Max Hybrid & S550 Convertible
Not that I will be in the market for a '16, but I think they should have a different red than Race Red. In my opinion the Race Red is too orange-ish.
I agree (but) its still presently the best option available for a Mustang in Red. Ruby Red looks better on a Fiesta, Fusion, Focus, Explorer, Escape, etc.
Sponsored