Sponsored

Muffler Delete Results - Sounds Great!

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
I got a muffler delete last week, and it's great!

Video does not do it justice. Sounds GREAT in person.

Here is a vid of some revs:

[ame]

Tunnel Run (Excuse the shakiness of the video, I was trying to drive, shift, and record at the same time):

[ame]

Anyone else do something similar? Been considering doing a resonator delete as well, or putting in a smaller resonator, anyone tried that yet?

Oh, and did I mention weight reduction? :p
Sponsored

Last edited:

mc lane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT PP AT, '05 Chrysler 300 C, '18 Navara Twin Turbo
Vehicle Showcase
a world famous character on tv once said:
when i hit the accelerator i want People to believe it is the end of the earth...
this could be pretty Close
unfortunately this beautiful noise is illegal in Germany. i would love to have it, too

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Not bad! Probably a bit too loud for me but it sounds a lot better than I expected! :cheers:

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
What is the process for "muffler delete?" Did you just have them cut off after the res? Pics?

waahehe94

We're All Mad...You Know
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Cobra R, Corvette
Sounds good :thumbsup:

I've been waiting for someone to do this along with replacing the resonator with an H or X pipe or even replacing the stock mufflers and resonator with a set of aftermarket mufflers and an H or X pipe.

Sponsored

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Sounds good :thumbsup:

I've been waiting for someone to do this along with replacing the resonator with an H or X pipe or even replacing the stock mufflers and resonator with a set of aftermarket mufflers and an H or X pipe.
Lethal Performance has a resonator delete kit you can get in H- or X-pipe (see thread link below). Pretty good price really. Also deletes the flex pipe that is pretty restrictive. I will do that kit if I decide the axle-back isn't enough for me. :thumbsup:

http://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12136

Nemesys

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oxford White S550
Got any pics man? Sounds awesome.

Turrizm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Will
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Sounds good. I did that on my SRT8 Chysler 300 and it wasn't too loud at all but sounded much better and only cost a few bucks at the muffler shop.

If you delete resonator, it will be super loud inside the car...

OP
OP

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
Not bad! Probably a bit too loud for me but it sounds a lot better than I expected! :cheers:
Far from it... in the videos I posted, you have to remember I was revving and keeping my RPM's at high levels.

For daily/regular driving, it is definitely quiet when you want it to be, and loud/aggressive when you want it to be.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if it was louder - that's why I'm considering doing a resonator delete or putting in a smaller resonator too.

What is the process for "muffler delete?" Did you just have them cut off after the res? Pics?
They cut off the mufflers, and weld on a pipe.

The resonators were not touched. If I removed the resonators it would sound just as loud as a straight pipe.

Got any pics man? Sounds awesome.
To the naked eye, looks like a 100% stock car. I used the same tips. Once you start looking under the car you'll notice the mufflers are not there.

I'll try to snap a picture of the bottom of my car soon. But basically if you look underneath where the mufflers are supposed to be at, it has been replaced with a pipe instead.

GiddyUp15

YMR Member #585
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Convertible
Far from it... in the videos I posted, you have to remember I was revving and keeping my RPM's at high levels.

For daily/regular driving, it is definitely quiet when you want it to be, and loud/aggressive when you want it to be.

In fact, I wouldn't mind if it was louder - that's why I'm considering doing a resonator delete or putting in a smaller resonator too.

They cut off the mufflers, and weld on a pipe.

The resonators were not touched. If I removed the resonators it would sound just as loud as a straight pipe.

To the naked eye, looks like a 100% stock car. I used the same tips. Once you start looking under the car you'll notice the mufflers are not there.

I'll try to snap a picture of the bottom of my car soon. But basically if you look underneath where the mufflers are supposed to be at, it has been replaced with a pipe instead.
That's pretty cool...I like that look...my 94 GT has pipes straight out since mufflers on that body style are ahead of the axle :thumbsup: I may have to try this, at least until the Roush exhaust arrives...would be a cheap and easy exhaust "fix!" :D

Sponsored
OP
OP

veeATE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium
That's pretty cool...I like that look...my 94 GT has pipes straight out since mufflers on that body style are ahead of the axle :thumbsup: I may have to try this, at least until the Roush exhaust arrives...would be a cheap and easy exhaust "fix!" :D
That's exactly what I had planned. I got tired of waiting for Roush or Borla to release their exhaust systems, so figured something like this would do the job for now. Eventually, I'll probably get the Roush or Borla.

Can't beat it for a $50-100 job that any muffler shop can do.

Supa LA

Drop a gear and disappear
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard Metallic Mustang GT PP
Don't be a puss, remove the resonator. Only women and children use them. [emoji14]
Sponsored