_IMG_000000_000000.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
I bought my foundry wheels used. I'd have to do a search for offsets both pp n foundry wheels but I can tell you they fit perfectly even on a PP car with brembos without spacers!
If they fit perfectly - and they certainly look that way - it answers my question.

Thanks! :cheers:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Traded 2015 Blk GT Prem PP on 2019 Corvette GS 2LT M7
Vehicle Showcase
^Thanks guys!^ Overall I'm really happy with everything thats done to the car so far. I have a couple little things to do yet but other than that I think I'm good for a bit. Well, maybe a nice set of wheels than that's it!:lol::lol::lol:

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
First off, very nice build, and very impressive 1/4 mile times. Makes me feel better about having picked up my '17 a few weeks ago versus going with the '18 (hard to justify the extra $$$).

I'm curious - did you get a baseline time for your GT before you started adding mods? I'm wondering how much time you've shaved off with your updates.

Also, if you were to prioritize your upgrades based on what you've learned so far how would you rank things? I'm assuming the PP2 made the biggest difference but with all the suspension changes I'm figuring that was non-trivial as well (seemed to be the ticket to the 11s).

In the spring a new MGW shifter and exhaust (likely Corsa Sport cat-back) will be coming but trying to prioritize the next set up upgrades, and having her run a decent 1/4 mile time is kind of important (but can't go crazy as she is a DD ;) ).

Thanks!

Rob

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I did get base line times but I was very conservative launching on slicks with the stock axles. Bone stock I really struggled with traction/wheel hop at the track, mostly due to zero track prep and the pzero traction tires that came with the car. All stock I went 13.1 @ 110 with a 2.0 60 ft on a hot summer day. All stock with slicks/skinnies launching at about 4500 which was the lowest I could launch without bogging I went 12.7 @ 111 with a 1.7 60 ft on a mild day. With the pp2 I launch at around 5000 rpm I went 12.08 @ 115. Even with with the stock suspension I could of hit 11's if I would of had a couple more passes but I was not wanting to break anything knowing I was getting suspension and axle up grades in a month or so. Basically if I compared runs with the same 60ft before and after the pp2 it pick me up .5 seconds and 5 mph. After the last round of mods I feel pretty good with letting her rip at what ever rpm I can hold traction at. My best runs know are launching around 5500 which is getting me 11.8-11.9 @115 with 1.5-1.6 60ft. I still think I could knock a .1-.2 off with better weather. Tire pressure is key also. Launching on slicks at the track even with stock suspension there is zero wheel hop. So if drag racing the car is your main priority get some slicks/skinnies and a tune 1st. With that said driving my car on the street after the pp2 was awful in 1st and 2nd because of the severe wheel hop. Once I got all the bmr stuff put on it now hooks up with all but zero wheel hop with both sets of street tires. I probably went over board with the suspension but honestly it was either get rid of the wheel hop or get rid of the car. As far as axles go the money upgrading them is worth the piece of mind knowing they shouldn't break.

stangrob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ruby Red GT PP
Thanks a lot for your insight! It really helps getting this kind of input from someone who’s already been down this path.

Rob

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks! I actually just put the black wheels back on now that fall is here. Over the summer I had continental dws 06 put on them. So far I really like them, they are way better than the stock perelIi in temps below 70 deg. I also added some black lug nuts that I bought last year but never put on. I actually think the black lug nuts really change the over all look of the car. The black wheels are growing on me but I already miss the foundry's.

what was the style and brand of the black lug nuts?

and how many days did it take to do the full detail/paint correction/ceramic coating?

Sponsored
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
what was the style and brand of the black lug nuts?

and how many days did it take to do the full detail/paint correction/ceramic coating?
The brand of black lugs are gorilla and I they are the small diameter ones. I used a black sharpie to color the counter bore of the wheel that shows around them. It turned out really good actually.

I dropped my car off while we went to the OBX for a hole week and he needed everyday of it. He swore he was never doing another black car again! Lol!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I thought I would update my build thread since some bad and good news on the car came about. Bad news is it's at the dealer getting new valve cover gaskets installed because it developed a pretty bad oil leak. Good news is my detail guy wants to sponsor my car which means free ceramic pro maintenance , full detail at the beginning of car show season and free washes any time! All he ask is to be able to put a flat black window decal on the small rear side window. He said he wanted to sponsor it because he loves the way it sits and sounds. So I'd like to give a shout out to BMR and Magnaflow!:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Here's a couple pics that Chad from Pristine Auto took while the stang was down there getting shined up! I entered the one on photo of the month contest if you want to give it a vote!
IMG_20180102_195804908.jpg
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg

OP
OP
Braski

Braski

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
First trip in snow! It was either drive her home from the dealer or let her sit there over night in 40 mph wind. Roads werent to bad but there was a couple spots where it drifted 2-3 inches. The cont. dw06 a/s actually did pretty good.
_IMG_000000_000000.jpg