Sponsored

Power Mirror Issue?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Motors replaced, with the few miles I drove it to storage it was good.
Same here. Will update within the next few weeks as this is my daily.
Sponsored

FirstGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ingot Silver '18 GT 400a PP1
Mine happens randomly as well. 15 gt premium

I've owned it since March so it was barely 2 years old and had 7k on it. I never use the fob but only the unlock feature of grabbing the handle.

I'd say it's happened maybe 6 times or so in 7 months

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
Mine happens randomly as well. 15 gt premium

I've owned it since March so it was barely 2 years old and had 7k on it. I never use the fob but only the unlock feature of grabbing the handle.

I'd say it's happened maybe 6 times or so in 7 months
The more I drove mine...the more it started happening. It really didn't rear it's head until after 5k-10k miles.

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Bump for updates, please.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
So far so good. This is the longest I've gone without any issues. It appears (for now) that them replacing the motors did the trick.

Sponsored

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
I complained to Ford for how many times my car has been in for warranty and they extended it for 24 months with a 100.00 deductible per visit. As far as the mirrors go the car is in storage but the fix is the motors. Ford put out a repair step process to the dealers for troubleshooting it. Just make sure you have zero blemishes on the mirrors.

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
so it does look like this has happened to a lot of people, enough so that Ford has a backorder on the mirror motors. I took my car to the dealership to have a recall issue fixed, decided to bring up the mirror issue and have them look at it. Told them about everything I've read on this forum, and even though I couldn't make the mirrors do the thing at the dealer, they believed me. They called a Ford engineer and he filled them in on this fix - verifying everything that's been said here - motors need to be replaced. Unfortunately there's a 2-3 week backorder on the motors. So the car will need to go back in for the fix, but at least it will be fixed finally!

ronemca

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ron
Vehicle(s)
2016 P/EB w PP
Please please get the TSB or GSB or whatever tidbit of [official] documentation you can and pass along the reference number. I have a strong feeling that MY dealer will look down his nose at me and -- after six hours -- declare that there was NFF.

My boiling hatred for even going to the dealer is matched only by my boiling hatred for leaving my car with them for hours (and organizing a ride, and worrying - justifiably - about damage) only to get the car back un-fixed...with that exasperating notation on the w.o..

Jetboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Prem / 1999 Yellow GT Convt.
Please please get the TSB or GSB or whatever tidbit of [official] documentation you can and pass along the reference number. I have a strong feeling that MY dealer will look down his nose at me and -- after six hours -- declare that there was NFF.

My boiling hatred for even going to the dealer is matched only by my boiling hatred for leaving my car with them for hours (and organizing a ride, and worrying - justifiably - about damage) only to get the car back un-fixed...with that exasperating notation on the w.o..
Just call the Ford customer care line. The lady I talked with knew about it so I ''hope" they would all know about it.

Bill88stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 deep impact blue premium gt 6 speed manual
I’ve had mine looked at a few times but they couldn’t verify and now at 46k they are just about every time I’ve walk up to the car it happens. Just had my fuel pump go out on my 16 as well. Love the motor but hate the quality of this car.

Sponsored

Jobodizo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT
Vehicle Showcase
I have a similar issue with my '15. I have 2 car seats in the back, so I use preset 1 for me and preset 2 for full forward so I can get the kids in. It only happens once or twice a month, and usually when I push a position button (I had to turn off the convenience enter/exit because it would squash my daughter's legs). With my 3 year expiring in June I guess I should take it in now that you gents have confirmed the problem.

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My passenger side mirror is acting up again after the motor fix. Awesome.

CrummyArchitect

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joey
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, PP, 401A, "MGNETO"
so a week or so ago I got an update from the Ford dealership service manager, he wanted to give me an update as I have been waiting to hear back from them for almost 2 mo after they originally told me 3 weeks for parts. but he said he got the memo from Ford that they were going through "re-engineering as they were still dealing with issues", which he explained to me that typically means they're going to a new manufacturer for the mirror motors, and he'd keep me updated. so take that for what its worth.

tom_sprecher

Living Race Car Free
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP 6MT Race Red
To the guys who had the motors replaced are you still not experiencing any mirror problems?

millhouse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby Red GT PP
My passenger mirror just acted up again. It’s once in a blue moon now instead of daily. We’ll see how it’s doing after summer, as heat seems to make it worse.
Sponsored