Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
get back on topic! this was a good thread! :paddle::doh:
We turned his worst mod into no longer a worst mod, it's on topic (ish!) ;)!

I'll throw some in for a build I did for a chap on facebook and my opinions

Best: Red calipers, Niche wheels from [MENTION=21881]MustangMustHaves[/MENTION]
Worst: Chineese sidemarkers which had to be bastardised to make them light up. Fitment was fine, but needed to create own wires for it.
Sponsored

jord79

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Best mod: recently installed Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust. Sounds just like Iā€™d hoped. Very deep, rich and pronounced tones with absolutely no rasp whatsoever and still just within the volume limits of not annoying neighbours.

Worst mod: Flowmaster American Thunder axle back exhaust, which drones like f**k at around 1250rpm, especially when on a steep incline (I live in a hilly area). I didnt properly know what ā€˜droneā€™ was ā€˜til I fitted this. Not sure I can live with it now.

CaptainSensible

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black Mustang V8 GT Coupe
Car is not under warranty? I'd get it replaced under warranty to be frank.

On a manual car I found the inserts, I used the softer red ones made changing gear not as nice, clunks etc which in a daily driver was very annoying. I use to really finesse my gear changes because of it to try and limit the noise and harshness.

In the end I removed them!

If you do just diff insert bushes, but do not combine them with a cradle kit like BMR CB005 of Steeda equivalent they are not too bad, but when combined I found it intolerable. I found the CB005 gave greater gains than the diff inserts, so out of the two it was the inserts which got pulled and afterwards my car was silky smooth and clunk free on gear changes.

Next time I see you, take me out, or let me take you out, as I know the noise the subframe and diff inserts can create.
Wish I had known this a couple of days ago! Had diff inserts fitted yesterday and there is loads of clunk now. Also have CB005 fitted which probably doesn't help. Plucking up the courage for the awkward call to the garage that fitted them booking in to get them removed! :facepalm:

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
Wish I had known this a couple of days ago! Had diff inserts fitted yesterday and there is loads of clunk now. Also have CB005 fitted which probably doesn't help. Plucking up the courage for the awkward call to the garage that fitted them booking in to get them removed! :facepalm:
Like Gibbo.... mine stayed in for a day..bloody awful

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
favourite - by far the wheels/brakes combo :headbang:

20180210_131524.jpg
I have these wheels too. I hate the small 'kink' on the inside of the spokes. I allways have a dirty ring all along the inside of the spokes. I want new wheels.

Worst 'ish are my Pedders Coilovers. Have some clunking in the front now, that I cant seem to get rid of. But they do look sweet, cuz I'm pretty lovered now.

Best is my Awe Catback. Love the sound. But wanna switch to their Quadtip/GT350 valance. My car needs it.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Worst 'ish are my Pedders Coilovers. Have some clunking in the front now, that I cant seem to get rid of. But they do look sweet, cuz I'm pretty lovered now.
Losen the top bolts, loctite them back down.

LarsenGrind

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lars
Vehicle(s)
2017 Euro-Spec GT
Losen the top bolts, loctite them back down.
U mean the three strut mount nuts? They were really tight, but gave them some loctite, and tightened back to spec. Problem is still there.
It's worst when the road is really uneven, driving on cobblestone and such.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
U mean the three strut mount nuts? They were really tight, but gave them some loctite, and tightened back to spec. Problem is still there.
make sure you pre-load all the suspension properly if you don't it can make a few random knocking/clunking noises

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
yeah i meant the strut mount bolts, but also the actual bolt on the strut (pull the adjuster off and tighten down), otherwise losen all the bearings and lower car onto ground then lift back up and it should "reset" the preload on the bushings/bearings etc.
Sponsored