Sponsored

I'm back and looking for a new GT - what are the finance options?

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
its based on whatever the invoice amount is written down by the dealership on the paper work combined with any options so if your base car is 38k and you spec up 3k of options then you're over 40k.

why do so many people struggle with this concept.
Its very poorly explained on the government portal.
Sponsored

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
its based on whatever the invoice amount is written down by the dealership on the paper work combined with any options so if your base car is 38k and you spec up 3k of options then you're over 40k.

Yes but you have to deduct the c£2k first year VED from the on-the-road price and that may get you back below £40k

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic

I struggle with it slightly (not a lot as it doesn't affect me) as it doesn't make any sense to me.
So it's the number that the dealer writes on the invoice, not the official list price that counts? The first years tax isn't included in the determination is it? All a bit random.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I struggle with it slightly (not a lot as it doesn't affect me) as it doesn't make any sense to me.
So it's the number that the dealer writes on the invoice, not the official list price that counts? The first years tax isn't included in the determination is it? All a bit random.
on your invoice from the dealer when you bought the car there is a list of car + options so in our case its the base car + custom pack + auto as thats our only options.
Then that has a sub total.
Then there's a couple more lines for the "on the road" which is registration + ved etc etc.

Its that first figure that you want the sub total or in other words the actual value of the car before the government has robbed you blind. In our model there's only auto verts that break it I believe.

In the 18 there's only the base GT that is below.

Charlie Brown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17MY Mustang GT Auto Race Red Custom Pack
on your invoice from the dealer when you bought the car there is a list of car + options so in our case its the base car + custom pack + auto as thats our only options.
Then that has a sub total.
Then there's a couple more lines for the "on the road" which is registration + ved etc etc.

Its that first figure that you want the sub total or in other words the actual value of the car before the government has robbed you blind. In our model there's only auto verts that break it I believe.

In the 18 there's only the base GT that is below.
Then when the car is five years old it drops back to £140 per year so it is a “five year premium car VED” and it is confusing a lot of people, even in the trade!

Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
its just a punishment to put you off buying new cars as I see it who would buy new and lose a few extra grand just wait until cars are 5 years old have been hammered in depreciation and are now on low tax etc its encouraging people to keep old cars longer.

complete opposite of what they intended purely because there were too many electric / hybrids paying zero.

ved should be based on actual at exhaust readings of a car and should be checked every year as part of an MOT so a well maintained well running car continues to pay less than an old banger thats not looked after and is running around with burnt out rings and valve seats pissing oil out everywhere.

An arbitrary scale as they use at the moment just doesn't work :(

Artill

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Manual Guard GT convertible
I picked my new GT up last week and I paid less than 40k but the salesman seemed to think that I would be paying the higher tax as the car with the extras I have would be over 40k at list price? Is that right or will i be paying the 140 a year? He wasn't to clued up on the subject. Thanks.
You will only pay the extra road tax if the list price is over £42,000. The first years road tax is £2,000 and isnt included in the £40,000 calculation.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
If I can do the same thing here then I could go out and get it tomorrow instead of having to save up a bit of cash first. Probably not, but I can dream. :thumbsup:
I'm an Idiot. This is called a Cash Plan. :headbonk:
Kia don't do one, Ford DO, so that's a massive point in favour of the Mustang. I've emailed them asking for the final interest rate.

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
I'm an Idiot. This is called a Cash Plan. :headbonk:
Kia don't do one, Ford DO, so that's a massive point in favour of the Mustang. I've emailed them asking for the final interest rate.
Kia also don't do the Mustang.

Come on Ben, you know you want it ;) the real question is, what colour Mustang will you go for this time? Bright & bold, or more low key/subtle, or the best colour - Magnetic?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Kia also don't do the Mustang.

Come on Ben, you know you want it ;) the real question is, what colour Mustang will you go for this time? Bright & bold, or more low key/subtle???
I'm glad you left the old and senile colour out of it ;)! :lol:

Sponsored

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Post edited, just for you ;)

Yes Ben, we are still having the colour debate.
Ah I see the Senile element has caught up with you. How's dementia treating ya :thumbsup:

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
You twonks and your colour debate! :lol:
That bit I certainly didn't miss.

Honestly? I'll probably go with black again. My original plan was black with a (real) carbon spoiler (local place 3D prints them, and another car nut in the area has two for his R34) and matte graphite wheels.

I've also found out, after phoning Barclays about my loans rates, that I can get up-to £8000 at 0% for 6 to 24 months using a perk that came with my Platinum Card that I had no idea existed (its not a balance transfer, before you ask). Plus a bit of cash I have, that's my deposit sorted. I've only put 9k miles on the agreement, but I have full intentions of keeping the car or flogging it for profit later anyway. :ninja:

£279 a month for the car if I manage to get the £2k discount. Previously I was paying £363. :cheers:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
You twonks and your colour debate! :lol:
That bit I certainly didn't miss.

Honestly? I'll probably go with black again. My original plan was black with a (real) carbon spoiler (local place 3D prints them, and another car nut in the area has two for his R34) and matte graphite wheels.

I've also found out, after phoning Barclays about my loans rates, that I can get up-to £8000 at 0% for 6 to 24 months using a perk that came with my Platinum Card that I had no idea existed (its not a balance transfer, before you ask). Plus a bit of cash I have, that's my deposit sorted. I've only put 9k miles on the agreement, but I have full intentions of keeping the car or flogging it for profit later anyway. :ninja:

£279 a month for the car if I manage to get the £2k discount. Previously I was paying £363. :cheers:
Sounds like a no brainer mate :headbang:

Pretty sure I had my mileage down as 10k too for the same reason.

FWIW I'm glad I stuck with the same colour second time around, no regrets.

OP
OP
benanderson89

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sounds like a no brainer mate :headbang
It really does.

I feel guilty though. The Optima is just turning 6 months old. :ninja: