Sponsored

Insurance issues (UK)

23TGrabberBlue

Grabber Blue Ecoboost
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY2017 EcoBoost Grabber Blue
admiral insurance is a joke tbh woman has just got off the phone she has one policy for one car expiring at end of this month and another one expiring in april.

on separate policies it came to 600 all in admiral wanted 1500.....

I'm with Admiral, now on a multicar which IS working out cheaper than separate policies. But for years it was always more expensive. It's possible it's weighted in favour of the over 40's.
Sponsored

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
I'm with Admiral, now on a multicar which IS working out cheaper than separate policies. But for years it was always more expensive. It's possible it's weighted in favour of the over 40's.
she's only 12 months away from that :) i'd have been happy with it being like 100 quid more expensive just to save bother of 2 policies for her but when its that much more fuck it she can have 2 policies

Chappers

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra MkV - Tungsten Silver
i'm 30 with aviva i do roughly 9k miles per year 8years NCB, but SP30 3points mine is £838pa on drive at home over night, my wife is also on the car 31 with 6years NCB.

i just think insurance is getting worse for price not better i though insurance companies are supposed you offer you a saving upon renewal. my other car is a Kia sportage 17 and i got quoted more for next year than it was this year! crazy that was with esure

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
i'm 30 with aviva i do roughly 9k miles per year 8years NCB, but SP30 3points mine is £838pa on drive at home over night, my wife is also on the car 31 with 6years NCB.

i just think insurance is getting worse for price not better i though insurance companies are supposed you offer you a saving upon renewal. my other car is a Kia sportage 17 and i got quoted more for next year than it was this year! crazy that was with esure
Shop around. They bank on people not being arsed to. Plenty don't.

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
A-Plan seem to be raising their game ( or at least their competitiveness).
£650 - 2 drivers, one over 40, one under 30 in the countryside.

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I just got a quote on the new 2018 model. £511 with Shielas Wheels (bizarrely, I distinctly remember ticking the box saying I had a penis) or £521 with eSure, fully comp, with £350 excess.

I'm guessing the new safety features of the 18 reduce the insurance costs, despite the car having a notable hike in wall smashing potential (412 to 450 horse).

christianUK

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Christian
Vehicle(s)
GT auto
Penis aside, they can't differentiate on the grounds of sex any more (from a couple of years ago I think). Meaning premiums for boys and girls with the same circumstances have to be the same and you can't be selective on the grounds of sex. So the USP of Sheila's Wheels, Trans-sure, Gay-sure and Bi-sure kind of disappeared overnight.

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Penis aside, they can't differentiate on the grounds of sex any more (from a couple of years ago I think). Meaning premiums for boys and girls with the same circumstances have to be the same and you can't be selective on the grounds of sex. So the USP of Sheila's Wheels, Trans-sure, Gay-sure and Bi-sure kind of disappeared overnight.
Oh I know, research came out showing that 48% of claims were from women, too, I was just wanted to make that joke. :D

Sheila's Wheels, Trans-sure, Gay-sure and Bi-sure
I almost believed you for a moment. I honestly can't tell what's real anymore.
Sponsored