Vehicle Showcase
OP
OP

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
Apologies for the UK/USA confusion (I thought I had posted in the UK forum?)

Interesting to hear about parking on a driveway being cheaper than a locked garage might tweak that.
Insurance prices in general have gone up over the past 18 months.
Might try admiral again- they refused to give me a quote on my second car so here's hoping they've changed their mind 12 months later.

@Stuart how is your insurance so cheap?
Just location?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

Interesting to hear about parking on a driveway being cheaper than a locked garage might tweak that.
Might try admiral again- they refused to give me a quote on my second car so here's hoping they've changed their mind 12 months later.

Just location?
You did. It was their fault :D.

Multi car always works. But yeah, there's some gimmick with garage over drive due to garage being covered within the insurance (if broken into) or some shit like that.

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
admiral insurance is a joke tbh woman has just got off the phone she has one policy for one car expiring at end of this month and another one expiring in april.

on separate policies it came to 600 all in admiral wanted 1500.....

Stuart0202

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

Just location?
I assume it's just my location. I live in the Highlands, car is kept in a locked garage and I have 7 years no claims.

I used Direct Line for insurance, was really surprised as every other company were wanting at least £1k. And thats with all my mods declared too.

Sponsored

marks

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Race Red Manual
If you’re getting insurance for less than £600 a year for a GT, you’re doing well

OP
OP

ShelbyGT7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Maserati Ghibli
You did. It was their fault :D.

Multi car always works. But yeah, there's some gimmick with garage over drive due to garage being covered within the insurance (if broken into) or some shit like that.
Can confirm that changing where its kept overnight from locked garage to drive brings the quote down from 1,164 to 972 :clap2:

Man all those years :frusty::headbonk::headbonk:

PaulSlide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
Kona Blue GT
Can confirm that changing where its kept overnight from locked garage to drive brings the quote down from 1,164 to 972 :clap2:

That's absolutely mental. Shows how fubar the industry is :shrug:

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase

and if you want another tidbit, if you keep quoting, over days prices will go up, always run quotes in "private" viewing, or run it through a VPN. Makes the site think you're a "new user". Sometimes works, other sites sometimes benefits you (It does however mean you can't use any account you have on said sites).

Insurance is kind of like a game, just gotta find out what's cheapest for that period and run with it. :lol:

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
My car stays in a garage. On taking out a policy through A-Plan it was apparent that they're pretty hot on your car being where you say its going to be, going as far as adding endorsements in the documentation. If my car is parked up for the night (after 10pm I think it says) at my home address then it has to be in the garage. Obviously it can be parked on the street outside someone else's house (!) or it can be left out if it is going out again that evening. Its an fn minefield.

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
My car stays in a garage. On taking out a policy through A-Plan it was apparent that they're pretty hot on your car being where you say its going to be, going as far as adding endorsements in the documentation. If my car is parked up for the night (after 10pm I think it says) at my home address then it has to be in the garage. Obviously it can be parked on the street outside someone else's house (!) or it can be left out if it is going out again that evening. Its an fn minefield.
And in a scenario that you say it'll be on the drive, but, you park it in the garage one night, then what? It's a minefield, but it's up to them to prove you do it all the time, and frankly, that's impossible due to so many data discrepancies, mine says it'll be on the drive, it's either drived, garage or girlfriends drive...
Infact, it's actually a stupid question to be on insurance queries anyway, the same with how miles change (too litte = goes up, too high = goes up, really high = comes down, middle = comes down) it too depending on how many or little or what not.

Also how many cars on the drive can bring down quotes. it's a fkn joke how uselessly impractical these are and the "algorithms" or "decisions" based behind each one seem flawed.

Mike Clark

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
Jaguar XF SportBrake, Jeep Renegade, GT 'vert
39 years old, 15 years NCD, clean D/L, Garaged, mods declared, Class 1 business use, 9000 miles. DL come in last year at £480.

However, I'm not sure how they've done it on their side, but every time I phone them (for a Green Card) and then when I called about my jag's insurance, I get the 3rd degree about what Decklid, Jacking Rails, Start Button's are (the computer flags it). And thus begins a 30 min wait whilst the person on the phone goes off to the underwriters, "just to check sir"

So I'm going to change to APlan. They are more expensive, but that quote already includes all the existing mods and Wheels & Exhaust and 10000 miles. The extra £80 odd over last years DL cost, is worth the fact that I won't be put on hold and then be told that underwriter may have not had his fry up/got out of the wrong side of bed/etc so is in a bad mood and declining insurance. Their only stipulation was that when at the home address it has to be in the garage from the hours of 2200-0600.

Oh and compared to some of the other contributors to the thread (esp you [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] ;) ), I now feel old :( (40 in 10 weeks) When I had my Caterham, I was one of the youngest owners in the Club (was 32), but Manders and others have me well beaten

Off to contemplate being an old git now :doh:

Mike

hinch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sideways
just for shits and giggles mines due at end of march / start april so quick confused.com later.

With More than Cover type: Comprehensive Annually £318.54 to pay

So insurance has definitely gone up almost 100 quid since last year :( I'm currently with Aplan though so when its actually due I'll give them a ring see if they can compete with online usually they'll at least match it if not beat it.

SteveS

...Bon Scott Land...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Magnetic
So I'm going to change to APlan....Their only stipulation was that when at the home address it has to be in the garage from the hours of 2200-0600.
Glad I didn't imagine that bit... A-Plan beat Aviva for me by a good bit more than 100 plus Aviva were getting bent out of shape about me having more than six mods...

Oh and compared to some of the other contributors to the thread (esp you [MENTION=20131]Manders Mustang[/MENTION] ;) ), I now feel old :( (40 in 10 weeks) When I had my Caterham, I was one of the youngest owners in the Club (was 32), but Manders and others have me well beaten
Off to contemplate being an old git now :doh:
Mike
Hmm...i'll be 50 in 14 months... ;) When I was Manders' age I was riding bikes for the speed cos there's no way I could have afforded a decent car. Then came houses and children. Then more children and now Mustang :thumbsup:
Sponsored