Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
say u need to top up $15k for to get an 18.

"Tell him he's dreamin son!"

I think you can double that.

Also a very limited resale market for a supercharged Mustang
Sponsored

Aj05

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Aaron
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Manual
If you keep the 2016-17 3-5 years I’m confident the resale ratio will be higher than most cars sold in the same price range. As the cars enter different price ranges it opens up new buyers who can’t afford $50-60k and they will snap up these older Mustangs. If you trade anything in after a year or two on a new model (any model) you will pay a premium... fine if you can afford it.

dingobreath

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT orange
I'd like to keep my 16 forever. But am open to getting another mustang next generation.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I'd like to keep my 16 forever. But am open to getting another mustang next generation.
As much as do like the new MY18 with all it's improvements and that new front is starting to grow on me, I will be hanging on till S650 in a few years. If we actually get it. MY18 is to early for most MY16/17 to change over and i suspect many are one time only buyers ?

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
As much as do like the new MY18 with all it's improvements and that new front is starting to grow on me, I will be hanging on till S650 in a few years. If we actually get it. MY18 is to early for most MY16/17 to change over and i suspect many are one time only buyers ?
+1

I think I'm a one time buyer. Always wanted an American Muscle car, so I can tick that box now. If the new gen Mustang is an absolute cracker and is more sorted in the handling department I might be interested, otherwise I'm moving to something more refined and higher quality.

Sponsored

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I haven't got one yet but I've always had a soft spot for Mustangs. I'm a young bloke, late 20's, kids, wife, mortgage. I want to buy one and I want to keep it till i'm dead. To me i look at them and think they're instant classics and I want that forever. I think the 2015 looks better in that aspect of thinking, but i very much enjoy the look of the 2018 and all the extra gizmos and cluster screen. It comes down to me driving the 2018 and seeing if the price is justified over the 2017 when i buy, and how i feel about seeing it in person and if i think it'll still look great in 20yrs time. The 2017 i know it will.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Mate of mine's father in law just got a new 2017 GT in TY from a Newcastle dealer for 56K flat drive away.

Obviously didn't kick hard enough.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I haven't got one yet but I've always had a soft spot for Mustangs. I'm a young bloke, late 20's, kids, wife, mortgage. I want to buy one and I want to keep it till i'm dead. To me i look at them and think they're instant classics and I want that forever. I think the 2015 looks better in that aspect of thinking, but i very much enjoy the look of the 2018 and all the extra gizmos and cluster screen. It comes down to me driving the 2018 and seeing if the price is justified over the 2017 when i buy, and how i feel about seeing it in person and if i think it'll still look great in 20yrs time. The 2017 i know it will.
The one time buyer or keep it for ever element that I suspect is huge with Mustang, will make new sales very difficult, down the road. Like myself, lots of Mustangs are, or will become weekend toys. It's that sort of car in AUS. I don't think that to many people will repeat buy every 3 years, like they might have with say a XR8/SS and the like. Time will tell.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The one time buyer or keep it for ever element that I suspect is huge with Mustang, will make new sales very difficult, down the road. Like myself, lots of Mustangs are, or will become weekend toys. It's that sort of car in AUS. I don't think that to many people will repeat buy every 3 years, like they might have with say a XR8/SS and the like. Time will tell.
I agree. The Mustang isn't family friendly like the Falcons & Commodores were, so they market for them is definitely different. You can justify it if you're updating the family whip but when it's a toy it's harder to justify.

King3o0o

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
say u need to top up $15k for to get an 18.

"Tell him he's dreamin son!"

I think you can double that.

Also a very limited resale market for a supercharged Mustang
fair comment on the resale part..

and 30k on top for an 18.. :crazy:madness.. this is madness...

+1

I think I'm a one time buyer. Always wanted an American Muscle car, so I can tick that box now. If the new gen Mustang is an absolute cracker and is more sorted in the handling department I might be interested, otherwise I'm moving to something more refined and higher quality.
same unless they offer a mustang in a new platform that is light and at this price point, which we can say near impossible.. for me i am gonna go for something lighter after this.. but that muscle car box has to be ticked first.. price too.. i always prefer good value.

at 60k mustang is hard to beat.. who knows that the next 3 years will bring.. new camaro, new mustang, germans are getting cheaper, maybe korean/japs come out with interesting stuff.

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
fair comment on the resale part..

and 30k on top for an 18.. :crazy:madness.. this is madness...

same unless they offer a mustang in a new platform that is light and at this price point, which we can say near impossible.. for me i am gonna go for something lighter after this.. but that muscle car box has to be ticked first.. price too.. i always prefer good value.

at 60k mustang is hard to beat.. who knows that the next 3 years will bring.. new camaro, new mustang, germans are getting cheaper, maybe korean/japs come out with interesting stuff.
We can a all bitch and moan about Mustangs shortcomings, but at $60-70k it's great value and there is no other 300kw+ RWD coupe/vert available for anywhere near this price in AUS. I would luv a new $180k c63 Vert for that great interior and 4.0tt. But I'm not into shredding $70k+in 3 years. Mind you, Mustang is actually a better looker to me.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
Just got word that pricing for the 2018 GT Auto is $73,280

Confirmed we get 10 speed auto, active exhaust and tri-bars

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Just got word that pricing for the 2018 GT Auto is $73,280

Confirmed we get 10 speed auto, active exhaust and tri-bars
I guess that's on road. That's about $8k more than old RRP. Wow. That's a bigger jump than I thought. Good luck with that one Ford. That exhaust is cool though. How reliable is this word?

Anchor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
We've got all the pricing and specs as of a few hours ago.

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
We've got all the pricing and specs as of a few hours ago.
If the pricing I just saw on fb is correct, say goodbye to sales Ford au

$74k for an auto gt... lol so my order is approx 77-78k (does that even include onroads?)

Bye Ford hello Audi rs3, cla45 or a45
Sponsored