Sponsored

My wheels shortlist, have I got the fitment specs right?

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Guard 5.0 (Auto) Fastback, Saddle Leather
I appreciate you taking the time write out all that info! How does ET40 compare with flushness front/rear?.
The ET is meaningless until you know the wheel width..:)

ET 40 on a 10” wheel is totally different to ET40 on a 10.5 or 11”

Establish the width first then work out the ET
Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
I appreciate you taking the time write out all that info! How does ET40 compare with flushness front/rear? (I’ll see if I can find some of your pics from older threads)

I do have a couple of specific questions if Prof. Manders is available for more tuition:
- Is it a case of finding an offset that works for both front and rear with squared setups, unlike staggered where you can pick the perfect alignment? Or is it possible to spec two different offsets on the same width rims (...”Squaggered”? :D)

- Have you come across any 10.5j square setups? A lot of the wheels I’ve found are sold like that but I haven’t found many threads with people actually running them.
There's some shots on my insta around ET40 on all 4, just imagine it with more aggressive offset (or less if it's +/- 40)

Insta one:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BWdhzKgFBTH/?taken-by=steve_mander
Without pedders
https://www.instagram.com/p/BT4JXQ8Fkhp/?taken-by=steve_mander
https://www.instagram.com/p/BTw0igrlSPN/?taken-by=steve_mander

To answer the two questions:
1) yes there's plenty of wheels with many different fitments and offsets etc, just make sure the bolt patterns right. Then it's fitting the "Looks" together. There are some wheels which regardless of offset, are concaved.
2)Nope but i've seen a 10 front 11.5 rear.
10.5 maybe too wide to run on the front, 10 just about cuts it, but you can run them with camber plates/bolts as otherwise, it'll rub on the struts. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
The ET is meaningless until you know the wheel width..:)

ET 40 on a 10” wheel is totally different to ET40 on a 10.5 or 11”

Establish the width first then work out the ET
Don't worry I wasn't looking at ET40 as a definitive figure, it was more so in relation to Manders's square setup... I wondered if either the front or rear might have poked while the other was too tucked with them all using the same offset.
Looking at his pics, Manders seems to have found the perfect balance with his wheels.

10.5 maybe too wide to run on the front, 10 just about cuts it, but you can run them with camber plates/bolts as otherwise, it'll rub on the struts. :thumbsup:
It's weird to see 20x10.5 square being offered as an option everywhere, despite it being an iffy fitment.
I've just done some reading up on the forum and apparently 10.5, ET45 with 10mm spacer clears the inner strut and will fit a 285/35/20.

Just a quick update, I'm currently looking at 3 options:

1) Wait to hear back from Judd to see if they can offer copycats of the Project 6GR specs for their T204 (20x10 ET35 & 20x11 ET50... Or 20x10.5 ET45 on the rear as a compromise)

2) Just go ahead and buy Project6Rs and pay the import duty + VAT.

3) Configure 20x10.5 Square Judd T204 with ET45 and run a 10mm spacer up front... Or sacrifice the ability to rotate tyres and get fronts machined to ET35.
I'm just a bit concerned about speccing £££s worth of wheels then finding out they don't actually fit with this last option!

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
well yes you can fit them with spacers :p!

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
3) Configure 20x10.5 Square Judd T204 with ET45 and run a 10mm spacer up front... Or sacrifice the ability to rotate tyres and get fronts machined to ET35.
I'm just a bit concerned about speccing £££s worth of wheels then finding out they don't actually fit with this last option!
I've just found a supplier of JUDD T204 who can offer four 10.5x20 wheels, rear machined to ET45, fronts machined to ET35 for £1280.

Kind of a weird mix of square and staggered that I'm naming "Squaggered" :D

The idea of having matching concavity all round sounds cool, but something is telling me that there must be a reason why this setup isn't very popular...

285/35/20 will fit just fine according to a quick search on this forum, but I'd really appreciate any feedback on this setup from the experts.

Sponsored

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
As you say, the car is a weekend warrior, I’m not sure why you seem to be favouring a square set up??

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
As you say, the car is a weekend warrior, I’m not sure why you seem to be favouring a square set up??
I have no preference between square/staggered - I just want nice concave wheels front and rear.

My problem lies with what sizes are available. All the wheel designs I like seem to only come in 20x9 and 10x10.5 - 9 loses the concavity, 10.5 is pushing it for front fitment.

10.5 square with different offsets will give me my concavity while saving money over Project6grs, but I'm leaning towards just pulling the trigger on the tried and tested fitment of the 6GRs and paying the premium.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I’m not sure if you’re aware, but project 6’s also come in 5 spoke..

Mac has them on his car:)

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I’m not sure if you’re aware, but project 6’s also come in 5 spoke..

Mac has them on his car:)
Yes they are also available in the 5-Spoke. S550mac is rocking the 5-spokes in the U.K

OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Thank you for all the help and advice throughout this thread, I thought I'd resurrect it to give you all an update on my final choice...

wheels.jpg

Air mailed straight from the USA, my gorgeous new Project6GR wheels from [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]!
Big thumbs up to Erick at N4SM for the brilliant service.

I found myself comparing every other wheel option to the Project6GRs, which I've had in mind since before even owning my Mustang, so rather than compromise on size/colour/design, I thought I might as well just get the ones I originally wanted.

What put me off was the need to import them, but they came much faster than I expected. They arrived safe and sound! Now to drop another 800+ notes on a set of Michelins.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Sweet mate

Congrats! What size did you go for

Thank you for all the help and advice throughout this thread, I thought I'd resurrect it to give you all an update on my final choice...

wheels.jpg

Air mailed straight from the USA, my gorgeous new Project6GR wheels from [MENTION=11685]Need4SpeedMotors[/MENTION]!
Big thumbs up to Erick at N4SM for the brilliant service.

I found myself comparing every other wheel option to the Project6GRs, which I've had in mind since before even owning my Mustang, so rather than compromise on size/colour/design, I thought I might as well just get the ones I originally wanted.

What put me off was the need to import them, but they came much faster than I expected. They arrived safe and sound! Now to drop another 800+ notes on a set of Michelins.

Enoch

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
Now to drop another 800+ notes on a set of Michelins.
Don’t forget pressure sensors too:D

I got mine from my local Ford dealer... cost around £90 for all 4

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
OP
OP
Spoonex

Spoonex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Race Red Mustang GT
Don’t forget pressure sensors too:D

I got mine from my local Ford dealer... cost around £90 for all 4
Ordered them Friday, collected just now from my local Ford dealer. Question regarding those actually... Is it necessary to get them activated with the special remote control tool, or do they tend to work if you drive for X miles and reset 5 times in a row?

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Ordered them Friday, collected just now from my local Ford dealer. Question regarding those actually... Is it necessary to get them activated with the special remote control tool, or do they tend to work if you drive for X miles and reset 5 times in a row?
I just plugged them in and hit reset, mind you i only swapped the sensor over, the stem i bought new as i "corner matched" the sensors.

I think if you whack them on and drive they should be fine (Think [MENTION=14447]Centurion07[/MENTION] did that), just keep hitting reset if you get errors, eventually it learns!
Sponsored