Sponsored

Whipple whine mod - sound tube?

TripleB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Snack Pack- Whipple Stage 2
Keep hearing about Shawn Foster whine mod.

I’m whining myself about the $120 price tag for such simple setup. That’s craY

Anyone try to make their own that attaches partially to the stock sound tube like the stage 1 kit? What did you use and where did you buy your parts?

https://www.fosterscmods.com/products/

edit:

Wanted to give you guys an update

I was a little hesitant spending $120 on a sound tube replacement because I thought I could build one just as good for much less.

Let me tell you, that's not the case anymore. Shawn's kit is complete with everything you'll possibly need for the install. Fit and finish is OEM and there is no guess work. I ran into a few issue during install, nothing kit related but more of my own capabilities. Shawn was there to help along the way. Answering my questions and guiding me through the install. Never once frustrated by my stupid and basic questions. What an awesome guy.

As far as the sound - incredible. If you have a whipple or other supercharger, you owe it to yourself to get one of these sound tubes. It's worth it.

mh82ee.jpg
Sponsored

Last edited:

gsxr1300

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT PP
I bought one from Shawn, everything needed to installed it came in the kit, and it looks like a factory part and the whine is loud! I'm So tried piecing parts together to make it work with the factory sound tube but ended up getting one from Shawn also.

fortrl

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lee
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I have never met Shawn and literally over a 1,000 miles from me. Shawn first came up with the sound tube a couple of years ago and posted a ton of free information. I contacted him back then and he was so helpful and nice. I put my own sound tube on that car at the time. After he had it figured out he started making kits to sell. When I got ready to put one on my current Mustang, I could have done it. I’m a do it your selfer on most everything. I emailed Shawn and bought the kit. His kit is top notch. I wanted a very professional factory looking appearance and his kit is just that and includes everything you need to do it and detailed instructions. I couldn’t be happier with his kit. Another reason for me personally buying from him was the fact that I wanted to support the guy who brought the “Whine” back to our cars. Just my $.02 cent worth. If you buy the kit, you won’t be disappointed.

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP
Own a whipple mustang and whining over a price for a quality piece?

I talked to him personally because I was sketched out at first. He talked me into and im glad I did. Made a huge difference and looks like a factory piece. "Like its supposed to be there". Takes out the guess work and the hunting for parts to duplicate it.

Makes your whipple scream in cabin.

Sponsored

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP

BigMikeVP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 s550 GTPP

EgoBoost

9/11 Never Forget
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 Black PP GT 6 SPEED
I love mine! Music to my ears and freaks people out when they hear it.

Oscifer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Is anyone running this with the open air box? If so how does it sound and do you have any video?

Sponsored

Burkey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
It'd be great if he could incorporate a 12v solenoid/valve. The ability to switch it off would be good I think.

yote41

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
16 gt
i am actually working on a prototype for my procharger to see how it sounds.

zuki_dan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Mustang GT Premium M6 TY
I have made the stage 1 kit on mine from the original thread he made that was closed. It was okay but I wanted more. I purchased his stage 4 kit in November and installed shortly after. It is a little expensive but it makes the blower whine scream! It is audible even with the windows down over my corsa sport exhaust with catless headers.

I was having an issue with the intake whistle noise under light/moderate throttle so I installed a piece of blue painters tape over the diaphragm on the sound tube and that pretty much eliminated the whistle and still retains the whine under boost.

I like the idea of putting a shutoff valve in the sound tube line. sometimes on road trips I don't want to hear the intake sound. That is why I put a piece of tape over the diaphragm on mine. I would have to find a similar valve to the one bjstang posted that fits in Shawn's sound tube from the MAF housing.
Sponsored