Sponsored

Well the party is over sub $55k drive away

V8KOOP

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT Fastback Competition Orange manual
I have heard that GT Manuals are now sub $55k drive away. Melbourne dealer "over 80 in stock" every colour..... last weekend.
Clearly the dealers have given up on the Mustang as they have just killed their resale value. Don"t get me wrong, business is business, when you have dead stock you just need to convert it to cash. Just happened quicker than I expected.
I wonder what sort of run the 2018 will get, maybe 6 months?
Sponsored

Azairious

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2005 SSZ Ute (current), 2017 Race Red GT (Current)
still going for around RRP here on the gold coast

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM
52k drive away, glad I got out before it sunk too much

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I have heard that GT Manuals are now sub $55k drive away. Melbourne dealer "over 80 in stock" every colour..... last weekend.
Clearly the dealers have given up on the Mustang as they have just killed their resale value. Don"t get me wrong, business is business, when you have dead stock you just need to convert it to cash. Just happened quicker than I expected.
Please follow my "Mustang oversupply" thread and add to it. I hope Ford read it. The way Ford has accelerated the depreciation on a new car, that's only been on the market for less than two years, is nothing short of stupid.

Frostee

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT
In fairness I don't think Ford is fully answerable to this.

Ford doesn't control the prices. Dealers purchase stock and then sell at whatever price hey like.

Dealers have ordered stock in anticipation of sales, and the sales have dropped off with the announcement of the 2018 refresh. In the case of the Bayford sale the other weekend, they promoted having some 80 vehicles for sale. Clearly they overestimated demand and needed to move stock. It's the classic rule of supply and demand.

Now one could argue that Ford could have limited supply to Australia, but that's another discussion.

It's a buyers market right now. My dilemma after quitting my Mustang earlier this year is whether I buy back ion on the current model at a significant saving, or wait for the 2018.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/ford-s-mustang-has-an-iphone-problem

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
In fairness I don't think Ford is fully answerable to this.

Ford doesn't control the prices. Dealers purchase stock and then sell at whatever price hey like.

Dealers have ordered stock in anticipation of sales, and the sales have dropped off with the announcement of the 2018 refresh. In the case of the Bayford sale the other weekend, they promoted having some 80 vehicles for sale. Clearly they overestimated demand and needed to move stock. It's the classic rule of supply and demand.

Now one could argue that Ford could have limited supply to Australia, but that's another discussion.

It's a buyers market right now. My dilemma after quitting my Mustang earlier this year is whether I buy back ion on the current model at a significant saving, or wait for the 2018.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-08-04/ford-s-mustang-has-an-iphone-problem
Depends on how much you like MY18. RRP will be up and discounts should be scarce at first. But then again......lol. Could be about $15k cheaper at the moment. Maybe more? Can you go Pony- less for a while?

Stang_Life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
These prices must be in Victoria. Last time I checked, nothing close to that here in NSW!

Sponsored

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
If Melbourne has Brisbane's weather it would be perfect.

Melbournes weather sucks
This has to be the worst spring ever, in Melb. Most livable City? wtf I need to get back to South CAL. Car and weather heaven.:hail:

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ange
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP, Magnetic Grey

You don't buy new cars to make money??
You certainly don't buy a Mustang for resale value. Unless you plan holding it for the next 50 years.
Enjoy the Mustang and drive it every day to put a smile on your face.
Pumps on my Audi S5 i had that cost me more than double that price.:headbang:

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
You don't buy new cars to make money??
You certainly don't buy a Mustang for resale value. Unless you plan holding it for the next 50 years.
Enjoy the Mustang and drive it every day to put a smile on your face.
Pumps on my Audi S5 i had that cost me more than double that price.:headbang:
Of course you don't buy cars to make money. But we don't need stupid dealers, accelerating normal depreciation, with heavy discounting. Ok, so i could go out and buy that great C63s vert now. But i have a self imposed $100k on any car. Will let someone else take the $70-80k hit in 3-4 years and maybe move in.

goff

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Godfrey
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Check again....Some dealers have put the prices back up to 60000 Car trade can be fickle
Sponsored