Aussie MustangGT

2016 Mustang GT Auto
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ian
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Auto
I had fifteen months of that...it gets old real quick.....but now that the car has arrived and I have a few weeks off work, I keep getting calls and messages from work asking when I am going to bring it in for them to have a look and a ride...I have been telling them to order their own and I wont be taking it to work...will just keep using my dd....the mustang owner ultimately gets the last laugh.
I missed the arrival of your pony, Bob. Congratulations :)
Ian.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I missed the arrival of your pony, Bob. Congratulations :)
Ian.
Thanks Ian....the misery of the waiting is a memory now, but for everyone still in that position, I feel their pain.

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Had to drop the missus off at the airport this afternoon...on the way, a driver in a 4wd hangs out of his window with his phone as we are rolling up to some traffic lights, filming us and smiling his head off....his kids in the back were pressed up against the door windows gawking and then jumped into the front at the lights. It scared the crap out of me initially seeing a person and a big blue phone lurch out of a window at us. I gave him a bunch of revs. He was stoked.

IngotGT2016

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2016 INGOT SILVER GT
Umm, who doesn't take their wallet with them everytime they drive somewhere?! haha indeed a strange comment

Well one of the mustang's benchmarks is the M3, so I guess the 'wanker' comment confirms they've succeeded haha

My personal favourite comment thus far is "when are you getting your car?". I hear this numerous times a day at work.

:frusty: :cheers:
i am over that question

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Where are you sending her, Bob?

Tibet?

:cheers:
Pleasant thought Drew...just Melbourne....you know...the place of rain and cold, where mustangs land and Melbnut lives.....some of those good...some not....

OP
OP
Bobsp12

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Drove the mustang to our regular meet up with a bunch of friends for dinner in the inner eastern suburbs last night. Got a park right alongside our sidewalk tables. It is the haunt of lambos, fezzas , mercs and m series bmw's. The pub/restaurant manager wanted a look over the car. The wife showed him over it and gave the engine a few revs. He was so impressed that he treated the ten of us to free dessert and coffees. It is starting to pay for itself

Kaps

Mustang maniac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Fastback PP Auto
Drove the mustang to our regular meet up with a bunch of friends for dinner in the inner eastern suburbs last night. Got a park right alongside our sidewalk tables. It is the haunt of lambos, fezzas , mercs and m series bmw's. The pub/restaurant manager wanted a look over the car. The wife showed him over it and gave the engine a few revs. He was so impressed that he treated the ten of us to free dessert and coffees. It is starting to pay for itself
Sweeeeeet.....

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Pleasant thought Drew...just Melbourne....you know...the place of rain and cold, where mustangs land and Melbnut lives.....some of those good...some not....

Well I have to say I have had heaps of people stop and chat or take photos. Besides the person that decided to stop and smash up my bonnet I had a young lady pull up next to me at the lights and motion to lower the window. I was expecting something like nice car but she proceeds to say "hot guy, hot car want to bleep" now I am not the best looking bloke so I assume it was all the cars fault! I told the better half who laughed and said the car is going up for sale next week

YLDHRS

YLDHRS
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Russ
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Convertible 'Stang!
Travelled on the Spirit of Tas with mine last weekend, spoke to quite a lot of people and whenever the topic of "why are you travelling" came up (always!), I said I was taking my Stang back to Melbourne. Everybody, 100% of the people I spoke to had seen it, noticed it and knew it (even which deck it was on). Awesome.

Sponsored

sammyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang gt coupe-manual -magnetic

Well I have to say I have had heaps of people stop and chat or take photos. Besides the person that decided to stop and smash up my bonnet I had a young lady pull up next to me at the lights and motion to lower the window. I was expecting something like nice car but she proceeds to say "hot guy, hot car want to bleep" now I am not the best looking bloke so I assume it was all the cars fault! I told the better half who laughed and said the car is going up for sale next week

Lol!! And only happens when you have a mrs!!

Aus-MustangGT

Aus-350
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 WRX/Evo 8 ADM

Haha this is great :cheers:

Yellow GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT
Took delivery of my Yellow GT on Saturday and took it to the Gold Coast from Brisbane.

As I was coming out of my house, the neighbour further down the street was unloading his groceries and he stop and stared. He gave me 2 thumps up and he was grinning like a mad man. We have never spoken with each other before...

I stopped at a cafe to have lunch before driving down the coast. Parked across the street on the side of the road.
While in the cafe, I saw a guy parked right behind my car, got out of his car, walked around my car, and got back to his car and drove off.

As I was coming out of a car park in Surfer's, I stopped so that a group of people could walk pass first but they stopped instead.
So I waved them to go first but then I realised they were actually staring at my car. One of the bikie looking guys with full white beard actually clap his hands...

I cant tell you how many people pointed and/or stopped mid-walk just to check out the car. It has come to a point that I am just too embarrassed to drive the car out... too much attention. And that's the first day driving my car!!!

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Had this hipster Benji Madden look-alike pull up next to me in a VF SS Commodore ute a couple of nights back at a set of traffic lights and motion for me to wind down the window.

The conversation went like this:

BENJI: "Hey man! Nice car."

ME: "Thanks mate."

BENJI: "Can I ask you just one question?"

ME: "Sure."

BENJI: "DO THEY MAKE THEM FOR MEN?".

....before he broke into a hideous laugh and roared off!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry.
Sponsored