Sponsored

Oz S550 spotted thread

G RUSH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 V8 GT
[MENTION=7454]gs60wa[/MENTION] Greg did I see you roll down Kirkstall drive yesterday around 6:30 ish PM?

I throwing out some trash and only saw the green stang as it approached the roundabout, so couldn't make out the numberplate.

The exhaust sound after accelerating post roundabout travelled back up the hill and I think a small tear rolled down my cheek :)
Sponsored

Bradek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 2016 GT
Seen in Perth

Saw a Ruby Red this morning in Stirling which looked surprisingly nice, to quick to see if GT, and Lynford in Osb Park have a clients GT in Black on display for next couple of weeks if anyone wants to see. look only. Must say photos don't come close to showing how good the black looks.
2016-01-04 13.17.58 (2).jpg

80LT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover / KTM / Mustang GT
In the showroom at Bremer Ford Ipswich for the next week or so...

Black GT convertible

Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Karl
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Fastback PP Manual
Saw a white EB in the wild in Albury CBD this morning.

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Dammit. Can't wait for my black 'vert to arrive.
HURRY UP!

Sponsored

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
I heard a distinct exhaust note as I headed out my front door yesterday, around late morning, and sure enough it was a 2016 Race Red GT Mustang Coupe cruising slowly through my suburb of Ashburton here in Vic. It was being driven like it had been collected that morning too.

The big question is, was it someone from here? It looked magnificent.

Yuvraj

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Yuvraj Singh
Vehicle(s)
2016 MUSTANG GT PP
I heard a distinct exhaust note as I headed out my front door yesterday, around late morning, and sure enough it was a 2016 Race Red GT Mustang Coupe cruising slowly through my suburb of Ashburton here in Vic. It was being driven like it had been collected that morning too.

The big question is, was it someone from here? It looked magnificent.
its austang's he's on mustang club of vic forum he picked it up 4-5 days ago

BKStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Mustang, Auto, Magneride, Recaro's
I really want to see a rr in person!
Hey Melbnut

Saw a RR EB Vert at my dealer yesterday, the colour is truly awesome in person. :hail:

Hopefully you will get to see one soon.

Stang 1.JPG

mustang51

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Toyota Camry
Spotted on Sunday 10th near The Oaks, a red convertible

Post up any S550 sightings here in Oz.
I saw a red convertible on Montpelier Drive, at The Oaks, which is near Camden in NSW at about 4.20pm heading North towards The Oaks coming from the direction of Picton.

Anyone on here ?

I only saw it for a second as it flashed past coming the opposite direction.

As a coincidence about 40 mins earlier I followed a 1967 classic fastback along the M4 motorway heading for Penrith. LHD and plate ended in 67C. Now that was a nice looking car.

Sponsored

MuzzStang

2015 Black GT 'vert
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mick
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2016 GT vert with Roush extras.
its austang's he's on mustang club of vic forum he picked it up 4-5 days ago
Ahhhh cool. It's a sweet sight to behold and really made my day. He even opened it up a little towards the end of my street. Stang owners always notice other Stangs in the local area and there's been one which has regularly cruised past my place for the past few years, an S197, and I now suspect austang was behind the wheel of that too.

Cisco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tehanne
Vehicle(s)
Deep Impact Blue Ecoboost Fastback
we did spot a Yellow GT yesterday in Morayfield (QLD)... Had plates on the back but only the chunky Ford supplied bracket on the front....

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
I really want to see a rr in person!
We should organize a quick flight over to Baltimore, Melbnut....apparently there is a shit ton of mustangs in all colours over there.....you may have to scrape off the salt crust on them though.:(

GAFA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang
For those in Brisbane, Metro Ford currently have a Guard GT sitting in their showroom, awaiting delivery to an owner up North.
You are able to look at, but didn't bother asking to sit in it as I wouldn't want anyone sitting in mine when it arrives, plus I sat in the yellow GT that was doing the rounds last year.

So first impressions after seeing my first RHD Stang, it looks fantastic!
For those who have selected Guard, you will be happy, I wasn't a fan of the colour until I saw it today. In fact no mater what colour you select you will be happy.

So how do the external changes made to the global Mustang look, they look fine, in fact if you didn't know there had been changes made compared to the US cars, you wouldn't complain.

The side mirrors look fine and don't look like elephant ears and will be useful compared to the small mirrors on the US cars.
The white taillights once again are fine and if you didn't know the US one have red you would have no issues with them. I think the white lights work/blend in better on certain colours.

The rear window/brake light fit, well my quick look it appears the left side of the window is lower than the right, but once again if you didn't know about this issue you wouldn't notice it. I was trying to point it out to the dealer, but he had no idea what I was talking about and tried to say it was the lean the car was on due to the Australian suspension set up (Ford please educate your dealers!).

Panel fit, I couldn't fault it during my 10 minute look at the car.

The only thing I didn't like was the stock front number plate holder, they look worse in person, I can't believe people are fitting them. They would look ok if you cut it in half (take the bottom section off)which some owners have done.

I think people (including me) need to stop comparing it to the US version, and embrace the 'global Mustang' and make it ours, rather than just a US version that's been imported.

BTW, dealer said they have sold just over 100, with the majority being GT's. The small number of Ecoboosts they've sold have been to women.

Can't wait for my DIB GT to arrive on 30 November.

Last edited: