Sponsored

Lund Racing Flex Fuel Tunes now available!!!

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I have received my revised flex tune from Lund after getting the go ahead from my 93 base tune logs.

It seems the drivability is better, yes. Noticeably smoother off-on throttle.

I did notice a jerky 1-2 shift at part throttle a couple times, but that may go away as the car adapts. It could idle a bit smoother to my liking but we'll see what Lund says after I get them some more logs.

So far I'm pleased with how it drives compared to my previous flex tune.
Sponsored

MX5Racer

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.rixclix.com
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Update- the 93-only tune Lund sent me is now all green in the OBDII section. They said there was nothing that could be done to get the Flex Fuel tune to pass inspection. Bummer. Heads up for anyone who is considering the FF tune and has to deal with OBDII inspection.

BTW, Lund also said they could NOT adjust the speedo for shorter tires via the tune, which was a bit of a surprise.
Can't you just load the stock tune back on for the inspection, and switch back to the flex after you pass?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Can't you just load the stock tune back on for the inspection, and switch back to the flex after you pass?
JLT intake. Yeah, yeah could swap intake back to stock, retune to stock, drive for a week while the OBDII relearns, then change it all back after inspection, but I'm too old for that bullsh*t. Looks like the Lund 93 tune will pass inspection, so that's what I'm going to do. Not crazy about swapping tunes (since there's a record left in the computer of how many times it's been programmed, at least so I've heard.) May just delete the FF tune and try to get my money back on it. I swear the car runs better on 93.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I just put in more E85, and now the AFR on my car dash screen is reading 9.3-9.6. Is this something I should be concerned about? Does the car read the actual AFR or is it just an inferred value and should be more less ignored? Lund is gonna be be busy for awhile with Mod Nationals so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone knows about this.

My understanding is E85 is 9.8:1 stoich isn't that right?

Sponsored

OP
OP
beefcake

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
Is it worth $200? Do existing customers get any kind of break?

grabber yote

Corn Fed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue 2017 GT PP
The Flex tune is totally worth the extra $200. The responsiveness and power are obvious with a tank of e85. In colder months I ran straight 93 or a mix equal to E-40 to E-60. Cold weather + pure E85 caused starting issues and some hesitation.

Is it worth $200? Do existing customers get any kind of break?

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I don't feel the $200 is a good price, should be $100. However, the gains are better than the $300 some people feel like spending on intake tubing...

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I don't feel the $200 is a good price, should be $100. However, the gains are better than the $300 some people feel like spending on intake tubing...
Yeah, last fall when i put the car away it was +$100. Don't know why the increase. Seems like existing customers should get some kind of discount. Those that were existing when it first came out got it free!

Sponsored

jvandy50

H3249
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
jason
Vehicle(s)
22 TRX, 18 ZL1-1LE
the first time you hafta put 93 back in the car, you will be so glad you paid $200 for the ability to take advantage of the corn

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
I didn't feel that much of a difference with the flex fuel tune, then when I figured out that it wouldn't pass an OBDII inspection (systems not ready) backed out the tune and have been running 93 tune since. My experience is anecdotal - never did a back to back on the track or dyno, so YMMV.

Sighlense

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT/PP
I didn't feel that much of a difference with the flex fuel tune, then when I figured out that it wouldn't pass an OBDII inspection (systems not ready) backed out the tune and have been running 93 tune since. My experience is anecdotal - never did a back to back on the track or dyno, so YMMV.
Can just flash back to the 93 tune when taking it in for inspection, no?

lugz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT PP
Sorry I posted. This was hashed and rehashed above in this thread. It's all good. :cheers:
Sponsored