Sponsored

Mustang Migration to Oz

jumby

Master Cat Herder
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 300C Luxury
Thanks mate, much appreciated. It is a lot of car for the $$$ and I can't wait to get my keys. Any guys in Perth that want to see a Guard GT, I will be happy to come to your house so you can have a look. Any excuse to get it out on the road !!

We are all about to be passionate 2015 Mustang owners, so I know if I hadn't seen one I would be hanging out to see it in the metal.
Count me in - would love to finally see the real thing :clap2::cheers:
Sponsored

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Surely it's coming to Brisbane to drop off mustangs? Why else would it come? How exciting!

Gnome

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Stang!
Surely it's coming to Brisbane to drop off mustangs? Why else would it come? How exciting!
Hi Coyote, I don't want to burst your bubble but the car carriers can carry up to 8000 cars or a mix of cars and other equipment! Our Mustangs are only a tiny part of the cargo they carry. The vessels have fixed routes they take and just because the ship is docking in Bris doesn't mean any of the Stangs will get off there. I am in the same situation, mine is on the Aniara which also goes Brisbane - Pt Kembla and then Melbourne. At one stage it showed it getting off loaded at Pt Kembla on the 18th off December, but it has now changed to being off loaded in Melbourne on the 20th. I guess after they do what they have to do to it in Melbourne, it will then be sent to Sydney, so no xmas present for me:(. The word on the street is that Ford want to check them all in Melbourne before they then go out to the dealers. The only exception seems to be the ones going to Perth are being off loaded in Fremantle. But things are still changing so you never know they may change this again, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it getting unloaded in Bris. I hope I am wrong for your sake though:)

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018
Thanks mate, much appreciated. It is a lot of car for the $$$ and I can't wait to get my keys. Any guys in Perth that want to see a Guard GT, I will be happy to come to your house so you can have a look. Any excuse to get it out on the road !!

We are all about to be passionate 2015 Mustang owners, so I know if I hadn't seen one I would be hanging out to see it in the metal.
61 Wheatley Dr Bull Creek
and I will give it a free wash
Actually Titan Ford just rang me to say they are getting a car for the dealership and people that have confirmed orders can have a demo drive. They cant sell the car tho

OP
OP
Davo

Davo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
GT Mustang convertible, X3, Focus
But things are still changing so you never know they may change this again, but I wouldn't hold out too much hope for it getting unloaded in Bris. I hope I am wrong for your sake though:)
Not sure how reliable the information was from my dealer earlier this week, but he told me that Ford is considering sending their cars by rail to the west coast of the USA, and shipping from there rather than Baltimore. Would shorten delivery times a little, no stopping at Savannah or potential hold-ups at the Panama Canal.

Sponsored

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
61 Wheatley Dr Bull Creek
and I will give it a free wash
Actually Titan Ford just rang me to say they are getting a car for the dealership and people that have confirmed orders can have a demo drive. They cant sell the car tho
Is Titan Ford's dealership Mustang on the PARSIFAL ?

gs60wa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT

car

Car
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT550 2018

Sponsored

ssb

50 DARK
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
Black 'vert GT & BMW M Coupe
Hi Coyote, I don't want to burst your bubble but the car carriers can carry up to 8000 cars or a mix of cars and other equipment! Our Mustangs are only a tiny part of the cargo they carry. The vessels have fixed routes they take and just because the ship is docking in Bris doesn't mean any of the Stangs will get off there.
There was a cool segment on a James May hosted show - Building cars live or something - that showed cars on a boat, and essentially it's all packed on in order, so to drop off something early could require moving/unloading thousands of vehicles (tractors, earth movers, trucks) to get a few vehicles off, then moving all of those back.

It's likely not feasible - the logistics involved in order to save a few days of wait for a few people... it just wouldn't happen.

V8 coyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Future Black 2017 Ford Mustang GT
Do you think there'll be much of s second hand market in the first half of next year?

Melbnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang gt
Do you think there'll be much of s second hand market in the first half of next year?
If by second hand you mean people selling them for 75-80k then yes it will be huge.. if they sell or not is a different story

4stanger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Garry
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Mustang Fastback Race Red
The info I am getting on my "Track & Trace" is, my Mustang's port of discharge is Brisbane 12/12/15, Boat is Fidelio.
This was changed from the original port of discharge Melbourne, 08/12/15.

XR6VCT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Manual Mustang GT
The info I am getting on my "Track & Trace" is, my Mustang's port of discharge is Brisbane 12/12/15, Boat is Fidelio.
This was changed from the original port of discharge Melbourne, 08/12/15.
Good spot 4stanger. Mine is also on the Fidelio and is also now saying that it's going to be discharged at Brisbane. Looks like there are 13 Mustangs on the Fidelio coming into Brisbane... Will be interesting to see if it stays as Brisbane or if it reverts back to Melbourne.

Any NSW people here with cars on the Fidelio? Has your port of discharge changed from Melbourne to Port Kembla?
Sponsored