The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
But if these are cars which already are ordered why would the reason be to shift 17s?
the less my18s seen means the less orders put in, if it's made to appear there's issues holding them back or they're not in etc, then, people wanting to buy a mustang can be shimmyed to the 'old' stock not the 'new' stock.
Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
the less my18s seen means the less orders put in, if it's made to appear there's issues holding them back or they're not in etc, then, people wanting to buy a mustang can be shimmyed to the 'old' stock not the 'new' stock.
Valid point, but I am wondering if people are out for the 2018 if they would mind waiting a bit more instead of buying the old one.

If money is an issue for folks then for sure would this strategy push people towards the 17s

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Valid point, but I am wondering if people are out for the 2018 if they would mind waiting a bit more instead of buying the old one.

If money is an issue for folks then for sure would this strategy push people towards the 17s
Anyone that knows about the 18, wants that because it's the 18. But ford are already trying the money side. NGL I've been offere da veryyyy good deal on a MY17, except, it'd mean putting my car on finance, which I wouldn't want to do.

As I said to my dealer, unless they transfer all my mods over, and let me sell the ones that I couldn't, I wouldn't "swap" it for a 17. That's a v8 17 custom pack (non wheels) with black roof in race red again.

They're struggling so hard to shift them at the moment it's almost comical.:lol:

Kristian87

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
Anyone that knows about the 18, wants that because it's the 18. But ford are already trying the money side. NGL I've been offere da veryyyy good deal on a MY17, except, it'd mean putting my car on finance, which I wouldn't want to do.

As I said to my dealer, unless they transfer all my mods over, and let me sell the ones that I couldn't, I wouldn't "swap" it for a 17. That's a v8 17 custom pack (non wheels) with black roof in race red again.

They're struggling so hard to shift them at the moment it's almost comical.:lol:
Do it lad - make the leap! Might be your ONLY chance to hop in a brand new v8 my17 ;) that's why I did it. Remember - they aint making them anymore

Forget the finance shit, you got bitcoins, be fine.

Ford will delay as long as they can on this, because that's the only tactic they have to shift the stock. Start flaunting the 18 & no one will want the "old" Mustang.

Anyone who wants a Mustang will be an enthusiast & will know all about the 18. I guess this way they may scrape in a few new buyers who wouldn't have otherwise considered one. Smart move I think by Ford. Not that it will work :lol:

Sponsored

Manders Mustang

The Boss
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2016 Race Red Ecoboost
Vehicle Showcase
Do it lad - make the leap! Might be your ONLY chance to hop in a brand new v8 my17 ;) that's why I did it. Remember - they aint making them anymore

Forget the finance shit, you got bitcoins, be fine.

Ford will delay as long as they can on this, because that's the only tactic they have to shift the stock. Start flaunting the 18 & no one will want the "old" Mustang.

Anyone who wants a Mustang will be an enthusiast & will know all about the 18. I guess this way they may scrape in a few new buyers who wouldn't have otherwise considered one. Smart move I think by Ford. Not that it will work :lol:
It aint even the cash element, it's knowing I wont enjoy driving it as much and it wont be "the one I got" lol... also, not sure how ford will take me returning mine with the diffuser plasti welded back together lolololol, as I'd want to be running my quad tips on it (would mean going and finding an x pipe etc, but that's an easy task).

Equally, it'd cost me enough to FI the thing and good luck passing that on insurance :lol::lol:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT Vert Race Red ord 26/03/15 del 24/03/16
Has any dealer got an 18MY in their showroom yet? I see plenty of dealers advertising 2018 Mustangs but they all seem to be 17's.
One at Jennings Ford, Middlesbrough apparently (reported on SMUK on Facebook). Customer car for pick up on 1st March.

It's reported to be on P Zeros!!! :faint:

:lol:

Flamesey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY19 Fastback V8 5.0 Race Red White Stripes Custom Pack 2 Magneride Spoiler Ebony
:rant:WTF:rant:

I think we are being short changed again. The brochure just mentions the size of tyres and not make. So line lock outside the dealership until the tyres pop it is then, then put the Michelins on

Last edited:

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
:rant:WTF:rant:

I think we are being short changed again. The brochure just mentions the size of tyres and not make. So line lock inside the dealership until the tyres pop it is then, then put the Michelins on
Fixed that for you :)

Sponsored

benanderson89

Hooneriffic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Oh come the fuck off it! P-Zeros again?! I know reviews paint them up as do-it-all premium rubber, but I had a better driving experience on cheap Kuhmo Ecstas.

slowhand99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
Oh come the fuck off it! P-Zeros again?! I know reviews paint them up as do-it-all premium rubber, but I had a better driving experience on cheap Kuhmo Ecstas.
I'd be suspicious of a wheel swap somewhere along the line TBH.

Eclipsar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NFG Mustang GT
The one I looked at had PS4, I think someone swapped the wheels over from a 17

Toecutter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
The one I looked at had PS4, I think someone swapped the wheels over from a 17
Probably counting on a buyer who has no fucking clue what shoes the 2018 mustang is wearing.
Sponsored