Sponsored

Who is upgrading to a 2018

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I like the MY18 features but could not wait so have just ordered a MY17 GT convertible for $64K driveaway. This will do for a few yeasr and then hopefully get the latest model once prices have settled down.
When you say ordered, just wondering what that means? Are you waiting for one from where? Are they still bringing MY17 from the states? Also, enjoy that GT vert.
Sponsored

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Convertible 5 Litre V8
I like the MY18 features but could not wait so have just ordered a MY17 GT convertible for $64K driveaway. This will do for a few yeasr and then hopefully get the latest model once prices have settled down.
Once you lower that hood, open road or morning peak, that Vert will put smile on your face forever.

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Guess you got the 5 year Ford Factory warranty
Nice buying.
Looks like a loaded Vert will be close to $90 k - with 3 year warranty.

Post pic - when you can.
What colour? You get the Nickle lustres?

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
I figured that the new vert would be at least $80k on the road and would probably be a 3yr warranty so I look at myself saving $16k and at least 9 months till I got one. I know I am missing out on some nice new features but am hoping the new price structure will keep the value up on ours so a trade in about 18 months may be on the cards. So for me it is a no brainer especially with the 5yr warranty and free services for 3 years.

I had limited choice of colours but got the Tripple Yellow

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
Well I went out today to get my third quote for an 18 GT. I was hoping that Victory Ford at Tweed Heads would be able to give me a good price. Sat down with the salesman and was promptly told that they could not give me a quote because Ford had not given them the pricing. I mentioned the Ford bulletin that even I have had for two weeks which includes all the pricing and they said they knew nothing about it. Fair enough the Ford quotation online system for the 18 is not running yet but other dealers I have gone to have used the 2017 format and inserted the MY18 prices. I also mentioned that other dealers were offering discounts and he came back with Ford will stop their allocations if they discount.
I said to the salesman "so you probably can't help me" and he said no. That was a waste of fuel and time.

Sponsored

Flying Fiz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Model GT Fastback Oxford White Auto
He clearly was out to impress you and make you feel all warm and fuzzy so you would always come to him to buy a new Ford....or maybe NOT! Amazing lack of foresight.

PKs

PK's
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Fastback
He clearly was out to impress you and make you feel all warm and fuzzy so you would always come to him to buy a new Ford....or maybe NOT! Amazing lack of foresight.
Yes some of these sales people do not have a clue on how to improve their business. Neither this one today or the one yesterday (who incidentally, gave me my lowest quotation) took my full name or contact details. If it was me I would want to follow up with a potential customer. I guess sales are good.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I figured that the new vert would be at least $80k on the road and would probably be a 3yr warranty so I look at myself saving $16k and at least 9 months till I got one. I know I am missing out on some nice new features but am hoping the new price structure will keep the value up on ours so a trade in about 18 months may be on the cards. So for me it is a no brainer especially with the 5yr warranty and free services for 3 years.

I had limited choice of colours but got the Tripple Yellow
When you think about it, $64k d/away, for a well equiped 300kw V8 Vert cruiser, is damn good value down under. Nothing even gets close, at that price. Only 2 of 10 Mustangs are verts, of which half are Turbos. Just that bit more special. Yea, as good as MY18 is/looks, it's hard to justify $16k+extra with 2years less warranty. If the extra two years are transferable, even better. Are they?

jd3v1l

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT PP Auto Shadow Black
got my 2018 VIN number today via ford facebook, VIN not on COTUS yet but i can find the VIN on ETIS

radar

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
When you think about it, $64k d/away, for a well equiped 300kw V8 Vert cruiser, is damn good value down under. Nothing even gets close, at that price. Only 2 of 10 Mustangs are verts, of which half are Turbos. Just that bit more special. Yea, as good as MY18 is/looks, it's hard to justify $16k+extra with 2years less warranty. If the extra two years are transferable, even better. Are they?
Agree.
To me only significant difference is exhaust. That's an $800 fix.
Digital dash and tribar DRL neither here nor there. I like some of the Driving aids but can't see an extra $20 k price wise.
In pics I struggle to identify an update if it's same colour as mine - average punter will not know until it's pointed out.
Clive's vert will still be under new car warranty some two years after the first updates have warranty expired.
Great buying.

Sponsored

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Am picking up tomorrow morning.......can't wait

clive1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT convertible
Haven't quite worked this out. Went to NRMA for my insurance and decided to go with market value for the first 2 years as they have a replace with new if totalled in the first 2 years. The price was just over $1200 which is OK then discovered that she had made it for from today so I asked her to amend the date to start from tomorrow, Saturday. The price went up $98 WTF. She could not explain why so car is insured from today and I saved myself $98 but lost a day!
Bizarre

Bobsp12

Super Moderator
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
lots of Fords
Clive...understanding how insurance companies charge is like knowing what servos are going to charge for petrol tomorrow. ....if we knew it, the whole fabric of the cosmos would unravel....

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
Agree.
To me only significant difference is exhaust. That's an $800 fix.
Digital dash and tribar DRL neither here nor there. I like some of the Driving aids but can't see an extra $20 k price wise.
In pics I struggle to identify an update if it's same colour as mine - average punter will not know until it's pointed out.
Clive's vert will still be under new car warranty some two years after the first updates have warranty expired.
Great buying.
Yea, the standard exhaust is pretty lame. That was my first mod done early, so I could really enjoy roof down sound. I guess the $$$$ conversation will change once we see MY18 discounts come into play in due course.

OP
OP
MUS550

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Just out of interest I contacted 2 ford dealerships for a price on 2018 GT manual fb no options and both came back with a price around $70,000 drive away . Also asked about an appraisal on trading my 2017 and both dealerships told me they weren’t interested as I have Tickford performance packages on the car and I would have to sell privately
Sponsored