Sponsored

What did you do to your Aussie S550 today..

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
Shifter day today :) Hurst Indy shifter that is.
Took a few hours with a reasonable amount of work to put in the kit, well worth it though. Looks and feels much better than the stock unit. Overall not a bad kit.

40415415311_8383c86524_b.jpg

40415472581_65d1c4420d_b.jpg
Sponsored

alexcs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Magnetic
Had Sinclair Ford install Xforce headers and cats, remove sound tube, and tidy up issues with the catback varex previous install.

Couldnt be happier, with the full exhaust and also Sinclair Fords service throughout the whole process. I should have gone directly to them in the first place, hindsight is 20/20.

The exhaust fully open is loud, ive found 50% works well for normal driving. WOT is a new experience, particularly through tunnels. low revs give a great throb, on accel, cruise, decel. Exactly what I was after.

I have the auto, there is some drone in D mode due to the program wanting to sit the revs around 1100rpm but I usually drive in S manually, keep the revs around 1500-1600rpm. Its a shame Ford didnt offer a middleground between D and S, 1100rpm and 2000rpm. I find its the perfect area to be in for pickup and sound.

Anyway, rambling after a few beers - Anyone considering the xforce system in Sydney should seriously consider Sinclair, I will be servicing my car there as a result of my experience. Very hard to find a trustworthy mechanic these days, they have a young bloke that just works on mustangs.

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
Nice! I'm just waiting for Hammo to give me a date for getting mine in for the same engine back exhaust!

He's also gonna be adding my RTR grille, Roush Rear spoiler and Rocker Winglets!

Can't wait.

And yes, Anthony is a great mechanic. Knows his stuff!

Are you going on the Sinclair drive this Sunday?

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Sinclair have a pretty big following from the XR5 community too and seem to have gotten some lifelong loyal customers. I didn't have the opportunity to go to them when i lived there but lots of XR5 mates did and loved them. From all accounts they really look after the enthusiasts. XR5 community was very much like this Mustang in how frequent we had events and jsut the mutual respect between owners.

Grabber Blue was the only colour for me. I saw a Grabber Blue '69 when I was a teenager and that sealed it for me. Had to have a Mustang from then on.

Seeing Grabber Blue available for '17 made it seem like fate.

That said, I think there is too much Grabber Blue on the '17 and it needs breaking up a bit with stripes or black roof etc.

Love my Grabber Blue fastback. ;)
auj4
When i first saw a Grabber i wasn't fussed but my eldest daughter loved it. Fast forward about 2 months now and it's almost the only colour i think of now. I'd love to get one and put black stripes on it. Like you i thought a bit too much blue standard but with stripes especially they just become amazing. I kick myself when i think of my initial reaction/thoughts on the colour!

I'm still up in the air whether i go 2017 or 2018, but my colours for sure are Deep Impact, Magnetic, Grabber or Kona. Potentially Orange Fury when i see it in person.

Pagey

PonyGP
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Grabber Blue GT w/Black roof
Grabber Blue was the only colour for me. I saw a Grabber Blue '69 when I was a teenager and that sealed it for me. Had to have a Mustang from then on.

Seeing Grabber Blue available for '17 made it seem like fate.

That said, I think there is too much Grabber Blue on the '17 and it needs breaking up a bit with stripes or black roof etc.

Love my Grabber Blue fastback. ;)
auj4
Love the white strpies on Grabber. That’s exactly what would of done if mine didn’t have the black roof

Last edited:

Sponsored

auj4

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MY17 GT FB GB
Love the white strpies on Grabber. That’s exactly what would of done if mine did have the black roof
A friend with a Ruby Red GT FB got the Bigworm Super snake stripes and only did the bonnet. It looks pretty good in my opinion. A Mach 1 homage.

https://www.bigwormgraphix.com/2015-17-mustang-supersnake-full-length-stripes.html

Because I had an issue with the spoiler on delivery I initially left the stripes off the boot and rear bumper until the dealer replaced the spoiler. It looked a bit odd to me at first but I got one or two compliments on the front-bonnet-roof half stripes from people who assumed I'd deliberately done it that way. (Maybe they were just being nice ;) ).

I initially though about black stripes as I wanted a blue/black theme, and then decided on white. It was unintentional at the time but after the event I reckon the white stripes tie in with the white/black number plates and clear tail lights.

Possibly partial stripes could work for you?

auj4

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Shifter day today :) Hurst Indy shifter that is.
Took a few hours with a reasonable amount of work to put in the kit, well worth it though. Looks and feels much better than the stock unit. Overall not a bad kit.

40415415311_8383c86524_b.jpg

40415472581_65d1c4420d_b.jpg
I have the same shifter sitting at home but haven’t fitted it yet. Is the knob just secured with red locktite? Looks good by the way

Sponsored

MrMustang1974

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Keith
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red mustang GT
I have the same shifter sitting at home but haven’t fitted it yet. Is the knob just secured with red locktite? Looks good by the way
Red loctite and thread tape. And ty :)

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Hood vent lights

I fitted some more bits to the car.
The starkey hood vent signal lights, ( both lights come on when locking/unlocking car)
and the CJ Pony D leather steering wheel
( and no the steering wheel isn't crooked, just the way I parked it)
Vent lights off.jpg
Vent lights.jpg
D wheel.jpg

MaxQ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White 5.0 GT
Looks great!! Where did you get the bonnet from?
I brought the OEM US bonnet from Mustang motorsport in Melbourne,
No painting was required just a lot of patience to get it lined up.

Hornet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
No one seems to jsut do installs of the vents, do they? I've only turned up full bonnet swaps which are quite expensive but they look amazing..i'd like to do vents only to original bonnet if i could
Sponsored