Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Will this fit with procharger stage 2 intercooler?
Our oil cooler kit will definitely fit the original Pro-Charger kit with room to spare.
We have not tried one on a Stage 2 kit therefore cannot be 100% certain.However with the amount of room and adjustment available on our front cooler , i would suggest it would .

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
If I get the Streetfighter ceramic-coated headers , do you think this oil cooler is still necessary (spirited daily driver, occasionally on a track at amateur level for fun) ?
I'm imagining that those headers wont have the heat-soak issues that the stock ones do

Cheers
The ceramic coated headers are definitely a bonus, however, not enough to prevent oil cooler issues.
We are still unsure if the standard oil cooler is failing due to it positioning under the exhaust manifold.
The facts are that they are failing even with ceramic coated headers fitted.

I suspect a combination of both the position and build quality of the factory oil cooler is resulting in failures.

The Streetfighter Engine Oil Cooler is now available direct online.
https://www.kpmmotorsport.com.au/product/streetfighter-engine-oil-cooler-package-gt-v8/

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Streetfighter Oil monotoring kit fitted with

Streetfighter Oil monitoring kit fitted with the nGauge in centre vent displaying oil pressure.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
We have released a couple of videos for more information on the Streetfighter Oil Cooler kits.

If you have any questions please fire away or contact us direct
08 82999 998
[email protected]

Streetfighter Engine Oil Cooler Package:

Streetfighter Oil Pressure Monitoring Kit:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
Many Mustang owners are now protecting their investments after either hearing of an oil cooler failure or experiencing it first hand.
It seems to be more prevalent as the vehicles are getting older, however without any clear cause of failure from Ford.
We are now replacing oil coolers for many retail buyers and dealers as an aftermarket option.

Last edited:

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
When you are doing the installation at the request of the dealer is the dealer sharing the cost with the owner or any suggestion that Ford Aus may contribute anything to the exercise?
many thks

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
When you are doing the installation at the request of the dealer is the dealer sharing the cost with the owner or any suggestion that Ford Aus may contribute anything to the exercise?
many thks
The dealers are offering our Streetfighter Cooler Kit purely as a solution to both upgrade the standard oil cooler with a higher performing more robust unit, as well as eliminating any risk of failure from the standard unit. This becomes purely customer choice and paid for accordingly by the customer.Ford Australia has nothing to do with it.
It is the same scenario as replacing with any after market component at dealer request.
eg cat-back exhaust, airbox etc, always at customers cost.

Mick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT vert
I better start checking dip stick for milky stuff on regular basis? Last time my bonnet got lifted was nearly a year a go on it's 1year service. lol

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
If the cooler has failed and it’s milky keep driving it and burn the block out. Far better then watching them attempt to clean the gunk out of the cooling and lubrication system

Sponsored
OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
If the cooler has failed and it’s milky keep driving it and burn the block out. Far better then watching them attempt to clean the gunk out of the cooling and lubrication system
It can get worse than that.
We know of an oil cooler failure that resulted in an under bonnet fire.
The factory engine oil cooler failed externally and squirt oil onto the hot exhaust.
Luckily this was on a track day, and fire extinguishers were readily accessible to stop the vehicle from total burning.

Last edited:

v8hgt

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
Race Red GT PP Coupe
Vehicle Showcase
It can get worse than that.
We know of an oil cooler failure that resulted in an under bonnet fire.
The factory engine oil cooler failed externally and squirt oil onto the hot exhaust.
Luckily this was on a track day, and there fire extinguishers readily accessible to stop the vehicle from total burning.
Fingers crossed! I quite fancy ford replacing my car with a shiny new 2018 model. Must remember to take my fire extinguisher out of the car so it can’t be saved.

GrabbberAussie

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
Grabber Blue Mustang
Hang on, it caught fire? I assume you let Ford know or you didn't bother because it happened on a track? Ford have said that they will replace/fix failed oil coolers. So not sure why spending money on a replacement is a good idea?
If the oil cooler goes with the SF system on it - I am assuming SF are going to fix it?

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hang on, it caught fire? I assume you let Ford know or you didn't bother because it happened on a track? Ford have said that they will replace/fix failed oil coolers. So not sure why spending money on a replacement is a good idea?
If the oil cooler goes with the SF system on it - I am assuming SF are going to fix it?
Because despite this being a well known issue Ford won't say what they will do after warranty expires. So at this stage the options after warranty expires are to hope it doesn't happen to you, place complete trust in Ford that they will replace your engine (for the life of the car) if it milkshakes or leaks badly to the extent it causes damage, or buy an aftermarket kit because the first two options don't appeal. None of which are ideal unless you're doing a lot of track time and #3 becomes a no brainer anyway. If you haven't seen it the main thread is here:

https://www.mustang6g.com/forums/showthread.php?t=90359&page=16

If the SF cooler fails and causes damage, unless there are disclaimers associated with fitment you would have a case. But most of the aftermarket have such disclaimers because they can't control how their products will be used. Sometimes they need to be fitted by authorised product dealers etc.

[MENTION=8774]Street[/MENTION]fighter can you share more details of the fire please? Fires sometimes get the attention of safety regulators and large companies.

OP
OP
Streetfighter Mustang

Streetfighter Mustang

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.streetfighter.net.au
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT Mustang
It was not one of ours or customers cars that went on fire.
It was a colleagues workshop vehicle.
I dont believe that he approached Ford due to being on race track.
To avoid a re-occurance the repair was carried out with an aftermarket oil cooler replacing the failed factory cooler.

Streetfighter oil coolers have Lifetime guarantees on the component.
The oil cooler would be replaced if it ever failed.
Streetfighter Power packages have 3 Year/100,000 km driveline warranties included.
Should you have one of our Streetfighter Power Packages with the Streetfighter oil cooler kit fitted , yes you would be covered for the said period not just for the oil cooler , but any consequences arising from failures.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.