Sponsored

What would you do?

Davestic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium
I have 2 purchase options in place and am torn - curious to see how'd you'd move.

The Car:
GT 5.0
401A
44U (10 Speed Auto)
401(A) (Premium Plus Package)
43S (Enhanced Security)
67G (Performance Package 1)
19B (Active Exhaust)
96B (Magnaride)
13D Spoiler Delete
583 B&O Play/Shaker Premium Upgrade

Option 1: Order a 2019 - $1500 off of invoice plus any incentives at delivery. I get my first color choice, Magnetic Metallic, but have to wait until...fall?

Option 2: Exactly equipped 2018 at the same offer as the 2019 less the $2000 incentive in place currently. I have yet to probe dealer for any added markdowns they may add to move the vehicle. Issue is the color...Crimson Metallic...not my fave at all.

So, assuming similar rebates at delivery - price basically a wash, would you wait for the 6 months for the color you want in a 2019 or live with Crimson and drive sooner?

To all those taking delivery recently, congrats, I am jealous as h**l :)
Sponsored

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
Depends what your driving now and how patient you are. I couldn't wait another year and summer is around the corner. Mustang is a 6 months a year ride here in WI so I got mine now. In the Bay Area, you can probably drive it year round so waiting may not be a big deal. Tough call.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Color means a lot to me. If I was in your position and I couldn't find one in blue, I would definitely wait.

Rambl3r

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 PP GT
I love the crimson but I'd wait for the color that you really want. You'll be staring at that color every time you walk up to the car.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
Have you seen Royal Crimson in person? Good looking color IMO. And, a one year only option, so not nearly as common as Magnetic Metallic.

Sponsored

blue350gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Lightning Blue GT PP
I am assuming based on your location and options your looking at the mustang at Bill Brandt. I asked them about this, the car has over 200 miles on it if you didn't know. They told me they got the car on a dealer trade, and it looks like it was driven between dealers on the trade. I don't see any reason you wouldn't be able to get the price lower.

I think we have the same taste in options, I am looking for a wingless performance pack semi loaded. I was torn on the color as well (and the good price as well), crimson looks great and I've never been a fan of red, but I've decided to look in ordering a 2019 Kona Blue mustang and wait for the color I really want, especially if you paying that much for a mustang, might as well get what you really want. If you don't mind what dealer is giving you 1500 off a 2019(please PM me)?

TicTocTach

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Clair
Vehicle(s)
2018 EBPP
I wasn't a fan of the Crimson at first, but it's growing on me fast. If you haven't seen any/many in person, it might be worth looking at a few to see what you think in real lighting. That said, if color is that important to you, I'd wait and get what you really want. This isn't a small investment, and you're going to be looking at it every time you walk up to the car.

Personally, I'm less tied to the color than the mechanical / optional equipment. My ideal car is an EBPP Premium, M6, Magneride, spoiler delete, in Oxford White. The ratio of M6 to A10 is about 1:10, so I may have to flex on something to get the goods I want. Color first, spoiler delete next, Premium next... but I'd even consider the A10 over the M6 if everything else was in place.

Magnetic, Ingot, and Race Red are the colors I WON'T consider at all. Kona and Shadow Black won't work unless the options I want are all in place and the price is great. At this point, I'm fully expecting to place an order for a '19, getting everything I want, but knowing it won't show up for 5-6 months at least.

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
If you wait you are essentially paying $2000 for a free color. I ran into a similar dilemma on my recent purchase. I didn't get the color I wanted, which royal crimson was a front runner, but I absolutely love the color I ended up with. I get it you have to look at it and see it every time you drive so it matters but man throwing away 2k for a color. Idk. I can tell you I have magnetic on my F150 and it's nice but it's not gorgeous by any stretch.

Just my 2 cents get the 18 and don't wait. Best of luck on your decision

Mustangpursuit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT/CS 2019
Vehicle Showcase
I have to order because I want Safety and 401A, I have not seen a 2018 near me with that plus I want spoiler delete, however the GT/CS spoiler is acceptable to me. so I may go for a GT/CS and in a color no body wants.... Ingot Silver :p I have that color already on my Fusion and it hides dirt well, ages well, and sparkles, and hides swirl marks etc. I do like lightning blue or velocity blue, perhaps in a black accent package. GT/CS does not allow velocity blue though. The piece of mind I get is it will be a 2nd year model so will have bugs fixed

2018OFPP1?2

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Walt
Vehicle(s)
'92 LX 5.0 Vert, 2018 GT PP2
Wait for a color I like.

Last edited:

320guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EB PP soon
If you haven’t seen Royal crimson, go and take a look. I was between Lightning blue, silver, Magentic and RC, always wanted a bright blue car, but when I saw RC in person it completely changed my mind.

Take a look at the Royal Crimson thread in the photo section, I posted some pictures on the sun.
Sponsored