2019 GT500 Mustang New Spy Video, Pics, Info

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe ford will treat this car like they did the GT. Unveil it sort of, then take another year for details and sale.

The boys on camaro6 are already speculating an LT5 super ZL1 to meet the GT500 head on.

It’ll be an absolute battle.
Can you imagine the grille opening required for that? :lol::lol:
Sponsored

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
For sure it is a very specialized limited interest vehicle but it was very entertaining the way it was rolled out! I guess you could say to much hype may not be good if you can't back it up!! My DAD always said "it ain't bragging if you can do it"!

Darkane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350 Base
Can you imagine the grille opening required for that? :lol::lol:
Yeah. I doubt GM would do that, but never know. They’re funny, can’t seem to pull the trigger on a lot of stuff.

They were close with the LT7, and the hot cam LT1 barely failed too I’ve read.

Hell of an engine at 535hp. Would make for one fast Z/28 at 3700 lbs. Very possible it still might. But this thread isn’t about that.

Hey, what is this thread about anyway? Nothing has come from it hahaha.

BluByeU

M6G SoCal Cruisers
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob HT
Vehicle(s)
2015 Premium GTPP Recaros & Shaker 401a
I'm speaking directly to the Marketing of the Demon, it was brilliant! Sales, performance those are a different conversation. Hell my 75 year-old Dad was talking about purchasing a Demon, it was all talk, but the Marketing strategy had the old fella hyped! In his defense he does own an SRT Challenger.

Sponsored

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
To be honest, with how ford promoted eco boost and using TTs to produce better gas mileage performance vehicles, and this GT500 not being one AND it’s utterly insane HP figures, I don’t think they really want to promote it.
You’ll have the same groups that shot down the demon because it was too much crazy power for the street. Or you’ll have the soccer moms that frown that ford would put out such a car...etc.
It’s like me and Facebook. I don’t post certain things on there in fear of alienating friends, instead I join certain groups and post there, that way the people who don’t have interests don’t have to know. What they don’t know won’t get on their nerves or rile them up. Don’t get me wrong, I like debate but some things are too sensitive for the weak.

Falc'man

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Falcon
Maybe ford will treat this car like they did the GT. Unveil it sort of, then take another year for details and sale.

The boys on camaro6 are already speculating an LT5 super ZL1 to meet the GT500 head on.

It’ll be an absolute battle.
Ask them what the point of that would be if the ZR1 would struggle to match the GT500. Take flame suit with you.

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I like to disassemble things.
Regarding a release date, I've done the following for a few years now - pay close attention to emissions certifications at the California Air Resources Board as well as the EPA. They seem to always come after a public announcement but one thing is clear, there is quite a wait.

For example, the GT350 was announced to the public on the eve of the 2014 LA Auto Show. I believe that would have been ~ November 18, 2014. CARB certified the 5.2L engine for use in the GT350 on June 30, 2015 (which was then superceded with another one on July 31, 2015).
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2015/ford_pc_a0101914r1_5d2_b4u2.pdf

Car deliveries to customers started taking place in October/November 2015. So it was roughly a year from when the vehicle was announced to anyone actually getting their hands on one.

For reference, the 2013 GT500 was announced at the lA Auto Show in November of 2011, IIRC. The 5.8L engine for use in the 2013 MY GT500 was approved by CARB on December 14, 2012.
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/pcldtmdv/2014/ford_pc_a0101751_5d8_l2.pdf

If you look at 2019 certifications, at this point - none. Look at the appropriate field under "PC_LDT_MDV_MDEV."
https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/onroad/cert/cert.php#6

machsmith

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Minis
If you look at the september 2017 5.2L for 2018 it doesn't match exactly that of the july 31, 2015, if that means anything or not.
Hopefully its one of those that get a swift approval and its 6 to 8 months. Waiting another 1.5 years will suck balls.

Sponsored

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The certification dates are really unpredictable but offer a window to an impending release.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
I'm holding my breath till January! If it doesn't break cover then I'm may have to go to my happy place!!! I don't even want to think about another 1.5 years!!!

Epiphany

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The Bullitt has been expected for some time now.

The big surprise will probably be a 0.3 liter moped engine, a hybrid with solar panels, urea injection, self winding rubber band transmission, and chock full of all the latest and greatest social media tidbits and connectivity stuffed into a hemp bodied Fiesta.

GT500TT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Porsche turbo
Sounds about right!! Does Ford really need a "Bullitt" edition car? I mean is there really still a huge bullitt fan base? I find it hard to believe! Anyway seems really hokey to me. What's next a Wanye's World Gemlin edition!
Sponsored