Sponsored

Mustaro?

Maggneto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Turbo Premium PP/Navi/ZF(6R80) Shaker Pro
What is interesting about this comparison are the dementions of both cars changed in a similar way. The cars were lower and wider than the previous generation. While the physical appearance may not be evident the dementions and character are similar IMO.

"second-generation Chevrolet Camaro was produced by Chevrolet from 1970 through the 1981 model years. It was introduced in the spring of 1970[1] Build information for model 123-12487[2] was released to the assembly plants in February of that same year. It was longer, lower, and wider than the first generation Camaro."
Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost convertible
Vehicle Showcase
I'm hoping the 7th generation Camaro will return to the fastback design of the 2nd generation.
Won't be a 7th gen camaro the Mustang is killing the 6th gen in sales and greedy motors won't put money into a sales flop.

Mustang 2
camaro 0

may camaro Rust In Pieces :thumbsup:

Ace

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.modernmusclecars.de
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2018 Camaro 2SS (EU)
Won't be a 7th gen camaro the Mustang is killing the 6th gen in sales and greedy motors won't put money into a sales flop.

Mustang 2
camaro 0

may camaro Rust In Pieces :thumbsup:
Get your facts straigth, 5th gen Camaro outsold the Mustang... :doh:
attachment.jpg

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M

Mustang 2
camaro 0

may camaro Rust In Pieces
It's important to keep in mind that Mustang is sold globally & a favorite of fleet sales, while GM is restricting Camaro fleet service sales.

I hope the thread doesn't turn into Mustang vs Camaro, because it isn't the intent.

Sponsored

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
Get your facts straigth, 5th gen Camaro outsold the Mustang...
The Challenger received a bump from the Demon halo, but with a platform that's been used for 12 years & came as a hand-me-down from Mercedes-Benz.

Ford's commitment has benefited the Mustang & forced others to up their game.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Get your facts straigth, 5th gen Camaro outsold the Mustang... :doh:
attachment.jpg
Get your facts straight. He clearly said 6th gen.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It's important to keep in mind that Mustang is sold globally & a favorite of fleet sales, while GM is restricting Camaro fleet service sales.

I hope the thread doesn't turn into Mustang vs Camaro, because it isn't the intent.
I'm not sure that's relevant, because if a car is not selling in sufficient numbers, it is at risk, regardless of the reasons. Ford clearly planned on selling the Mustang globally, took measures to do that, and has reaped the benefits. If GM didn't do that with the Camaro, then that's a business decision that may create a problem for keeping the Camaro around. I don't know what GM's cutoff is for Camaro sales, but I can't imagine they were looking to reduce the sales numbers at any point in their planning.

That's not to say I want the Camaro to go away - I think that's a foolish attitude. Why remove choice and competition from the market? The fact that the Camaro exists doesn't create problems for anyone else. Don't like it? Don't buy it, simple. I'm not a fan of the current Camaro, but that doesn't mean I won't like some future variant (if it is not cut by GM).

Strokerswild

Shallow and Pedantic
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
Things With Wheels
I'm hoping the 7th generation Camaro will return to the fastback design of the 2nd generation.
Yep.

I've said all along that the 6th-gen Camaro should have aped the 2nd-gen, particularly the '70-'73s (my favorite Camaros), instead of another poor attempt at a '69. A modern interpretation could be beautiful.

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
According to this chart 2014 Mustang beat the gen 5 camaro and Mustang has been hasn't looked back
Mustang-camaro sales626x1951 (3).jpg
Mustang-camaro sales626x1951 (2).jpg

Sponsored

EcoVert

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I stand corrected according to Wikipedia 2014 sales were as follows

Mustang 82635
camaro 86297

OP
OP
PDX.Stang

PDX.Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang 6M
I'm not sure that's relevant, because if a car is not selling in sufficient numbers, it is at risk, regardless of the reasons. Ford clearly planned on selling the Mustang globally, took measures to do that, and has reaped the benefits. If GM didn't do that with the Camaro, then that's a business decision that may create a problem for keeping the Camaro around. I don't know what GM's cutoff is for Camaro sales, but I can't imagine they were looking to reduce the sales numbers at any point in their planning.
Instead of focusing on Camaro volume, GM is seeking earnings based on per unit mark-up. It's the reason they're insanely priced now. :( It isn't an opinion, but something GM has openly stated.

That's not to say I want the Camaro to go away - I think that's a foolish attitude. Why remove choice and competition from the market? The fact that the Camaro exists doesn't create problems for anyone else. Don't like it? Don't buy it, simple. I'm not a fan of the current Camaro, but that doesn't mean I won't like some future variant (if it is not cut by GM).
Competition is what pushed the Mustang beyond the 300HP 4.6L V8. Regardless of whether the preference is Mustang, Camaro or Challenger, consumers win by having the three around.

Arthonon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Instead of focusing on Camaro volume, GM is seeking earnings based on per unit mark-up. It's the reason they're insanely priced now. :( It isn't an opinion, but something GM has openly stated.
I've heard that (although I don't know if they said it before or after sales weren't great), but if the car doesn't sell in sufficient quantities, it still runs the risk of being cancelled. The reasons are not relevant at that point. The fact that it shares some parts with other cars helps, but last I heard, those other cars weren't selling that well either.

Competition is what pushed the Mustang beyond the 300HP 4.6L V8. Regardless of whether the preference is Mustang, Camaro or Challenger, consumers win by having the three around.
I know there are some here that don't feel the Camaro contributed to that, and I have no idea either way, but I don't think it matters - just having another performance car option is great, so I don't understand the desire to see it go.
Sponsored