Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
Tomster helped me locate an allocation for an 18 R through his relationship with his dealer and I had a great experience. When I went to pick it up they had another R where the deal had just fell through and was able to make a deal on both. The relationships you build whether it’s personal or business should always be important to you no matter how close or far away. Thank you Tom!
Jason, you are one of those people who I wish I got to know better. When you picked up your R's, I was driving at the track. I regret not being able to catch up. I was hoping you would have spent more time in the area, but I understand. Please stay in touch, you have my cell #.
Sponsored

MustangGT350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350R, LB / White OTT
I'm confused, how good of a relationship does he have when he had to buy his yellow R from another dealer? LMAO. Somethings not adding up here. :D

Demonic

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Austin
Vehicle(s)
GT350R
When enough members cause other members to no longer want to post any leads or sources anymore, for fear of being heckled, I'm sure the great contributions of heckling will be remembered over the contributions of the leads.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
'20 RR GT500R(CFTP), 18 OW GT350R Base, '17 AG GT350R Electronics Pack, '97 PG Cobra Convertible
I'm confused, how good of a relationship does he have when he had to buy his yellow R from another dealer? LMAO. Somethings not adding up here. :D
Read the HR361 story. It's all there. Smh

PP0001

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 CTR LE (126 & 581)
I'm only calling you out for being a hypocrite. You were complaining that you didn't have to help people, yet you are benefiting from it. If you want to do something, just do it. If it's not worth your time or effort, then don't. Simple. Don't get on a high horse, whine and complain, and act like you are immune to criticism.
Instead of filling this forum with many negative comments with respect to sleazy Ford dealerships (many of which are friends of mine) along with negative comments about members of our forum (again many of which are friends of mine) I would encourage you to maybe take a closer look at the facts.

People such as Tom and myself take a great deal of our personal time and effort in order to help out fellow enthusiasts with respect to R model opportunities and we are very happy to do so but it certainly is not taken lightly when someone such as yourself questions our integrity and sincere intentions.

Going forward I would hope that you will be able to provide many of our members with R model purchase opportunities that have an ADM less than $5,000 or even at MSRP as that would certainly help you gain some much needed credibility on this forum.

;)

Sponsored

giveittome

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
pinto
Instead of filling this forum with many negative comments with respect to sleazy Ford dealerships (many of which are friends of mine) along with negative comments about members of our forum (again many of which are friends of mine) I would encourage you to maybe take a closer look at the facts.

People such as Tom and myself take a great deal of our personal time and effort in order to help out fellow enthusiasts with respect to R model opportunities and we are very happy to do so but it certainly is not taken lightly when someone such as yourself questions our integrity and sincere intentions.

Going forward I would hope that you will be able to provide many of our members with R model purchase opportunities that have an ADM less than $5,000 or even at MSRP as that would certainly help you gain some much needed credibility on this forum.

;)

hes providing forum members with these prices because he is getting $$ from each one that sells.... "helping fellow enthusiasts" as both of you keep saying he is doing is simply him getting a kickback for putting out a lead. thats helping himself if you ask me. and yes, it does question his integrity because for the past year that these "deals" have been posted he continued to say he just enjoyed helping people.... then it finally comes out that hes getting money on the back end? yes, that would be in the ballpark of questioning your integrity.

OP
OP
Tomster

Tomster

Beware of idiots
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
hes providing forum members with these prices because he is getting $$ from each one that sells.... "helping fellow enthusiasts" as both of you keep saying he is doing is simply him getting a kickback for putting out a lead. thats helping himself if you ask me. and yes, it does question his integrity because for the past year that these "deals" have been posted he continued to say he just enjoyed helping people.... then it finally comes out that hes getting money on the back end? yes, that would be in the ballpark of questioning your integrity.
I'm the one who brought up the small bird dog that each car generates and how it is distributed. Muligans about covered dinner that we all enjoyed together, voodoo6g's is going back to the salesman for all the great work and this one was going back to fpa1974 when he bought the car.

Are you stupid or something? Do you not know how to read?

My motivation is a relationship with my dealership and what everyone so far has perceived as a good deal.

Again, trolls such as yourself who can't read or comprehend try to put a negative spin on the benevolence of others. But for what and to what end? What is your motive?

If the price is too much, people won't pay it. Maybe this has less to do with me and more with your own frustration as to why you will never habe an R because you won't come down off your soap box and stop the ADM rhetoric.

Again, another person who is the odd man out with a looser of a position.

TROLL

Wine dude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shadow Black GT 350
As Tom said he disclosed that he would get a small referral fee, he didn’t need to disclose that and besides it’s not going into his pocket and it’s certainly such a small amount that it is inconsequential, a meal with a buyer, making the salesman smile and maybe giving another tip to Tom. Really? That’s such a big deal? We should all be focusing on ADM and getting rid of them for all cars, period.

Sponsored

Wriggly

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Porsche 718 GTS
I feel more than enough has been said about this. If someone thinks a person that flys commercially and makes the salary he earns would be motivated to do what he does for a $100 finders perk, they are delusional.

Muligan

ARRR!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G0059 / Former Track Attack #14 "The Rented Mule"
I tried to avoid responding to the negative posts, but I’ve bitten my tongue enough. I’m one of those who benefited from Tom’s help and I’d like to add a summary of the process.

I paid +$5k on a deal that Tom offered up. Did I get anything because of his help or did I just get taken?

• Due to the timing, I was able to configure the car just how I wanted – color and equipment.
  • When Ford denied the order because it was too close to the cut-off for base car builds and was past their previously set order deadline, the dealership’s juice meant I was able to get a waiver from Dearborn to build the car.
  • I now have one of around just 150 base 920A R models ever built… and there won’t be any more.
  • As we were planning our trip to pick up the new car, Tom graciously offered his house as a place to stay or for dinner.
  • My car was tagged for VIP / Show build – meaning it received a some extra attention at FRAP.
  • When the car arrived at the dealership, Tom immediately dropped what he was doing, ran over to inspect it for me, and took a bunch of pics.
  • Once I made the 1,100 mile trip to pick it up, Tom and his wife met us at the dealership, helped us unload my trade-in, and then took us out for a wonderful dinner (on the dealership – due to his spiff).
  • The dealership let us leave our truck and trailer there overnight, so Tom dropped us at the hotel after dinner.
  • In the morning, when we went back to pick up my new R, Tom was there – this time with his yellow R and Starbucks for me, my co-driver, and the sales guy.
  • While I did the paperwork, Tom took my friend out in the yellow car – with my friend driving, which was the highlight of his trip and something he’s still talking about.
  • Tom helped me inspect my car again before we loaded it and noticed a couple things that the dealership missed – ensuring that the car was perfect when it went into the trailer.
  • I made new friends – especially Tom and his wife – to whom I will surely return the hospitality if they venture north.

What did Tom get? Well, I'd like to think he enjoyed getting to know me and maybe feels as though he also made some new friends.

Beyond that, what do I care!?! Everybody has a right to their opinion, so it shouldn’t come as a surprise that a couple guys have decided that Tom’s failure to include a disclaimer stating he’s getting the typical referral spiff at the start of every thread he’s posted offering a chance at one of these awesome cars is some sort of a fatal flaw in the man’s character. Never mind that it’s something that’s de rigueur in the auto business and, furthermore, something he apparently throws right back into the pot to make the buyer’s experience even better.

Debate the merits of ADM all you want, but it took +$5k for me to get my car - and months after I’d thought the window of opportunity had closed, at that. For me, it was money well spent. If you don’t want to pay ADM – good on you… call the dealership and try to negotiate a better deal, find one of the purported stores selling at MSRP, or wait for those deep discounts on ‘19s that some seem to think are in the offing.

While a couple of guys knock him, I'll just say to Tom: "Thanks again, man - I couldn't have done it without your help and you really, really made the process way more personal than any other car purchase I've ever made."

:cheers:
Sponsored

Last edited: