Sponsored

Steeda's New Urethane Vertical Links

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Steeda's New Urethane Vertical Links. Steeda did extensive testing under road racing conditions and found under severe hard braking from high speeds these New Vertical links provided much more improved stability!! Special lubed for life design! Will be available within two weeks.
poly vertical link.JPG
Sponsored

Last edited:

mikes2017gt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Prem M/T 3.55
I just put my "old" vertical links on a few days ago, but I gotta ask: What's the diff b/t these and the "old ones?" Higher durometer bushing?

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
I just put my "old" vertical links on a few days ago, but I gotta ask: What's the diff b/t these and the "old ones?" Higher durometer bushing?
The original verticle links have CNC machined Delrin bushings and sleeves.

The New urethane version are a little more price competitive, the durometer is softer then the Delrin

Both are made in our Georgia facility.

Mike D

Ricketts

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Subscribing

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
So what's the point of replacing and "upgrading" the Integral Link? Wheres the data of any improvement in reducing deflection or dynamic alignment changes.

I think I saw pictures of the GT4 mustang racecar with stock links.

Sponsored

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
So what's the point of replacing and "upgrading" the Integral Link? Wheres the data of any improvement in reducing deflection or dynamic alignment changes.

I think I saw pictures of the GT4 mustang racecar with stock links.
The GT4 does use the production integral link with a different durometer bushing.

If you like you can pm your contact info and I will go over the data with you.

Thanks,

Mike D

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Will this be competitive with BMR's $100 links?

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
The GT4 does use the production integral link with a different durometer bushing.

If you like you can pm your contact info and I will go over the data with you.

Thanks,

Mike D
Are you assuming that or do you know that as a fact? I have a hard time believing they would go to the trouble of pushing out the bushings in a stock stamped steel integral link and push in a stiffer bushing when they changed out the entire lower control arm with a bullet aluminum one with spherical bearings. If there was an issue with the stock integral link, I would think they would buy a link like yours or make their own.

Why would they even retain a cheap stamped steel link that probably costs $0.25 if it weren't strong enough? Or maybe for racing you need some compliance in that link. Then again, the stock bushing is thin with no voids so it can't move much to begin with.

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Are you assuming that or do you know that as a fact? I have a hard time believing they would go to the trouble of pushing out the bushings in a stock stamped steel integral link and push in a stiffer bushing when they changed out the entire lower control arm with a bullet aluminum one with spherical bearings. If there was an issue with the stock integral link, I would think they would buy a link like yours or make their own.

Why would they even retain a cheap stamped steel link that probably costs $0.25 if it weren't strong enough? Or maybe for racing you need some compliance in that link. Then again, the stock bushing is thin with no voids so it can't move much to begin with.
The Steeda vertical links do not put an artificial spring rate or bind in the suspension like the production ones. The vertical link plane through jounce and rebound moves fore and aft therefore, if you put to much control in the vertical link it will cause suspension bind. That's why Steeda engineered a large diameter special durometer bushing.

Here is a great review on our current vertical links by World Class GT4 Driver Billy Johnson.

http://www.motoiq.com/MagazineArticl...p-Package.aspx

Eritas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Maybe you and BMR should inform Ford of the benefits of using your integral links, since they can build an entire new/billet LCA for their quarter-million race car but apparently don't know the benefits of an aftermarket integral link. Lol.

Sponsored
OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750
Maybe you and BMR should inform Ford of the benefits of using your integral links, since they can build an entire new/billet LCA for their quarter-million race car but apparently don't know the benefits of an aftermarket integral link. Lol.
Multimatic's GT4 S550 Rear lower H arm is very well designed along with the
other rear components for that system. With that being said, a stock integral link will work fine. This rear suspension is completely different from production and out of the reach of most enthusiasts due to the high cost.

On the other hand, the production rear S550 IRS does need some help with added control to take it to the next level for the performance enthusiast.

Ford has done a fantastic job with the S550 to please the masses!

It's up to the aftermarket to take the S550 to the next level of performance!

Steeda Tech

OP
OP
SteedaTech

SteedaTech

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Q750