• A combination of different parts or a third party company

Votes: 39 11.6%

• Total voters

Doctor Fishtail

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT
This poll is an easy one. BMR is King of the mountain. Like I have saying the rest just copies. Another BMR win!! :first:
Sponsored

Rebellion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange GT
I have Steeda's, which is a thing of beauty, and I wish I started with it vs. "ended" with it, even given it being one of the most involved and hardest modifications to do to the IRS (also pretty expensive when you value time/labor if you are not doing it yourself). Steeda rear shock mounts are arguably a necessary accompaniment to either of these LCA bearings (to stop induced bounciness).
Now this is something I wish I knew before I started! The LCA and shock mounts have been my most valued mods so far.

33166stang

Comp eco
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Josh
Vehicle(s)
Composition orang mt ecoboost, 66 turbo mustang
BMR 100%! They have some awesome products for the S550's and their customer service is outstanding. BMR products are the only suspension/chassis parts I use on my car.

Sam@Coastal

Gold Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT500 2018 GT350R
We use the BMR lock outs, vertical links, and spherical bearings along with the Steeda centering pins. We have great luck with these and produce consistent 1.5 60ft times even on a 275/40-17 drag radial. We've done at least 50 cars with this as a "first" step to IRS greatness. In my opinion the Viking rear shocks are probably the next best thing out there and are a great next step. This is by no means the end all suspension package but it's the most bang for the buck in my experience.
IMG_7787.jpg

Sponsored

Rustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rustan
Vehicle(s)
LB '17 GT Premium PP
Pick whichever company you like, they both have quality products. In my experience spherical LCA bearings and a cradle lockout/brace will net you the biggest benefits with the least NVH. You can add differential bushings supports too but you will likely get a bit of gear whine, I barely hear mine but I did notice it a bit at first. I am adding vertical links next but I feel I got rid of at least 90% already. I mixed and matched the 2 companies products and they play nice together. Best of luck, wheelhop sucks.

qtrracer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
16 GT Premium PP Recaros; 86 GT 'Vert Pro-touring
Seriously - none of the choices. I've found after dealing with Mustang IRS for over 15 years. the S550 is light years ahead of the earlier designs. If you do hard launches on slicks, maybe. But short of that, use LC, feather the throttle and retain the ride quality.

jbailer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 EB Magnetic Premium PP 50AP
Seriously - none of the choices. I've found after dealing with Mustang IRS for over 15 years. the S550 is light years ahead of the earlier designs. If you do hard launches on slicks, maybe. But short of that, use LC, feather the throttle and retain the ride quality.
I have better ride quality now than when the car was new after many Steeda upgrades. Plus no wheel hop and I don't have to feather the throttle.

msweet

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby GT PP 10A w/ Magride, Recaros
Just because the S550 is better than previous designs, doesn't mean you have to settle with wheel hop.

OP, start with the CB005 and go from there. It got rid of 80% of my hop, will get the LCA and toe bearing next, maybe vert links at the same time - but will wait and see if new tyres make a difference first

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Locking out the cradle with the CB005 not only gets rid of most of the wheel hop, but also drastically improves the stability and feel of the rear end when putting power down exiting corners. It's no longer wobbling around back there (literally). The confidence you gain to get on the throttle earlier and harder is hard to describe.

Sponsored

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Funny you mention that. I'm an IRS snob myself.

I held on to my 2004 Cobra with an IRS until Ford announced the S550 will have it. I skipped personally owning a 2005-2014 Mustang....and sold my Cobra specifically to acquire the S550. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE the S550 so much, I even bought another one to daily drive.....BUT, I'm not sold on the new IRS being superior to the IRS in my 2004. ;)

keltymd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 PP
Funny you mention that. I'm an IRS snob myself.

I held on to my 2004 Cobra with an IRS until Ford announced the S550 will have it. I skipped personally owning a 2005-2014 Mustang....and sold my Cobra specifically to acquire the S550. Don't get me wrong....I LOVE the S550 so much, I even bought another one to daily drive.....BUT, I'm not sold on the new IRS being superior to the IRS in my 2004. ;)
I can attest the 03 Cobra IRS was so so stock once I installed the FTBR full kit it was a damn GoKart

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase

MoneyPit#53

Sheeple Shepherd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 5.0
Something that is often overlooked in regards to wheel-hop is ones rear alignment settings.....
Sponsored