Sponsored

BMR's "CB005" S550 IRS Cradle Bushing Lockout Kit - PICS & INFO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
Will parts such as steeda rear toe links, irs subframe bushings, vertical links, subframe braces still work with this kit?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
Toe Links, yes - just as ours will.

IRS Subframe Bushings - I was not aware they had any? If you mean their "Support" kit....no, this kit is a direct competitor to that kit.

Vertical Links, yes - just as ours will.

Subframe Braces - I am not positive, but I do not think you can pair their braces with our front braces (red pieces)

Of course....if there are parts that another company makes that are not compatible with this kit, we will likely offer a solution to that of our own, it's what we do. :thumbsup:
Sponsored

ATTFighter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Toe Links, yes - just as ours will.

IRS Subframe Bushings - I was not aware they had any? If you mean their "Support" kit....no, this kit is a direct competitor to that kit.

Vertical Links, yes - just as ours will.

Subframe Braces - I am not positive, but I do not think you can pair their braces with our front braces (red pieces)

Of course....if there are parts that another company makes that are not compatible with this kit, we will likely offer a solution to that of our own, it's what we do. :thumbsup:
Ok thanks, http://www.steeda.com/2015-mustang-parts/#/product/2932 those are the braces I was talking about.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Dustin GI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT prem w/pp
Kelly,
Would you mind pointing out all your red suspension parts in the last picture and put a name/order number to them? I already have your vertical links/lower control arms and am anxiously awaiting the performance springs, I will be ordering the toe rods next as well. Thanks
Dustin

Last edited:

FiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
The biggest Q&A im sure for many is....How does this compare to the competition (Steeda bushing supports) for example (mainly) more or less NVH, and performance? Steeda claims 30 min installs and that their kit almost eliminates wheel hop with no increase in NVH... I know this is probably a difficult question, as Im sure both manufactures would want to claim supremecy. But realistically there has to be pros and cons. To me BMR CB005, seems like the better more beefy componets/ performer ....but maybe a rougher / nosier ride?? Im sure you guys did comparison tests?

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
To be honest, it isn't fair to compare this CB005 kit to the competitor's kit.

This kit is above and beyond, and outperforms the competition easily.

To compete with this CB005 Kit, you have to purchase and install multiple components from the other guys.

In terms of NVH, it's not even something that should be discussed because there really isn't much of any increase.

Our kit works completely different than the competitor's. Our top billet rings lock the inner sleeve of the bushings, to the cradle. The small hole in the center of them fits snuggly around the large OEM inner sleeve, and the edges of our billet tops sit down snug over the OEM cradle. This practically eliminates bushing movement. Due to this, we used the red braces pictured above to center the front bushings, and re-enforce the lower mounts and bolt....so there is no deflection of the bolt, which would cause movement.

The competition's kit is a great kit, but it is primarily good at eliminating vertical movement of the cradle. The design of it is not optimal for reducing fore/aft/side load movement and shifting.

Hope that helps.

Sponsored

FiveO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Alrighty, standing by for BMR Performance springs and cb005. Thanks for the response.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
I MIGHT give these a shot. I currently have the Steeda bushing supports and I can honestly say that they DONT rid the car of the wheel hop problem. I have been told and read in numerous places from Steeda that their bushing supports "HELP" get rid of wheel hop along with more Steeda parts all put together in a combination" but I cant say that they helped it at all. In all fairness I launch my car at 3k rpm's, and shift right around 6800 rpms and there is no wheel hop. If I launch at any higher RPM there is wheel hop and I cant remember if there was any wheel hop before having the Steeda bushing supports installed launching at the same RPM. Mind you I am still on a stock tire and stock ride height. My question to Kelly:

-How will this design stop the sub frame from moving/bouncing when there are only 2 bushings supported with this kit but there are 4 support/mounting points for the sub frame? Am I missing where all 4 supports are modified?

At this point I am pretty disappointed with this car (as I have told you Kelly) between the shitty bushings and wheel hop problem and the shitty exhaust design with the converter on the drivers side and the only solutions currently is to spend $1k on LT's and leads, $400 to cut my stock parts and pay a shop to do this for me, or just use the 11-14 drivers side manifold and have test pipes fabbed from the manifolds to my cat back for $500, and on top of those problems the hanging rpm issues. I have just about decided to leave this car stock and when I can get out of it (in another year or two) just trade it in and lose my ass. I like the S550 but I should've just gotten another 11-14 GT or Boss I think. ANYWAYS enough of my complaining.... So I am trying to find other solutions here as I really want to mod this car and get it to put the power down and not upset my checking acct.

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
My question to Kelly:

-How will this design stop the sub frame from moving/bouncing when there are only 2 bushings supported with this kit but there are 4 support/mounting points for the sub frame? Am I missing where all 4 supports are modified?
Yes, you must be missing it. Take another look at the pics I posted.

Sponsored

DR_

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
like a complete jerk
Wouldn't this raise the rear of the car slightly? If so this could be a side benefit for those who's aftermarket rear springs dropped the rear more than they like.

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Some early shots from October of 2014.

10850044_851648244866542_8865424147840382163_n_zps6e36dde7.jpg

10409662_851653748199325_548543632975424522_n_zps47f26878.jpg
This is where I was looking but I only see the two red parts for this kit on the front of the sub frame.. are the rears not the same type of mount? Sorry for being ignorant lol

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Front: Upper and Lower portion of the mounts locked out
20150323_163200.jpg

20150323_163106.jpg

Rear: Upper locked out fore/aft/vertically/laterally...and lower locked out vertically.
20150323_162853.jpg

20150323_162942.jpg

RSKTAKR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
OK I think I understand.. the two red pieces for the front then for the rear one aluminum piece for the top of the bushing and the bent metal piece for the bottom..

GOT IT!! when do these go on sale? lol

OP
OP
BMR Tech

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
Wouldn't this raise the rear of the car slightly? If so this could be a side benefit for those who's aftermarket rear springs dropped the rear more than they like.
No, this kit does not alter any geometry other than centering the cradle.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.