Sponsored

Options for 2 piece rotors ? Best price for Baer eradispeed or other ?

LHousePhoto

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.lhousephotography.com
First Name
Lane
Vehicle(s)
2015 Black GT Premium - Performance Package
Vehicle Showcase
I'm happy with my DBA 5000 T3 front, 4000 T3 rears. Only the fronts are two piece, still happy with the purchase.
Sponsored

wmfateam

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Whitey
Vehicle(s)
2017 LB GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
PFC has front and rear two piece rotors that they made for the Roush P51. I did not see pricing but the fronts are like 23.5 and the rears are 11. something.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
i don't know if the approx. 3lb weight savings per rear rotor is enough to justify the price?

Sponsored

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
i don't know if the approx. 3lb weight savings per rear rotor is enough to justify the price?
I don't know either. Just posting up an option I found.

thumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT PP
sorry didn't mean to sound like i was going all negative on what you posted... what i meant to say is 3lbs would be a typical weight savings for a rear 2 piece, and i just don't know if that is enough to justify the increased cost. the fronts however at 10lbs or so per rotor seems much better.

Grim12

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GTPP
sorry didn't mean to sound like i was going all negative on what you posted... what i meant to say is 3lbs would be a typical weight savings for a rear 2 piece, and i just don't know if that is enough to justify the increased cost. the fronts however at 10lbs or so per rotor seems much better.
Yes. I agree.

RoadCone

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Competition Orange PP
Girodisc or AP Racing is the way to go.

I've gone over this before but Baer and Wilwood are not true two piece discs. They are two pieces solidly bolted together. The steel ring cannot expand independently from the aluminum hat.

If you don't have the cash for a proper floating two piece just buy a nice set of one piece slotted discs.

Could someone educate me on this? (will this be worse than stock rotors?) I'm looking to buy all 4 rotors today and want to know if I should stay away from these. My main reason is I want to save weight, but DO NOT want to lose any braking performance from my performance pack car. I want the front and rear rotors to match also and it appears the Girodisc do no make rear rotors.

Last edited:
OP
OP

5ABI VT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang GT
Could someone educate me on this? (will this be worse than stock rotors?) I'm looking to buy all 4 rotors today and want to know if I should stay away from these. My main reason is I want to save weight, but DO NOT want to lose any braking performance from my performance pack car. I want the front and rear rotors to match also and it appears the Girodisc do no make rear rotors.
It depends what you are looking for. In theory he is correct that if you are tracking the car and want a quality designed and engineered rotor that functions as a 2 piece rotor should to work best they are the way to go.

On the other hand if weight savings and aesthetics are priorities I feel the Baer and non true floating discs are fine . They look good and offer a good weight reduction, which is pretty much what im after. I have the eradispeed on my zr1 and for 15 years it's done 200mph runs and hard braking , half mile events several times with hard braking and after 15 years there are no cranks or vibrations or any issues with mine.

I would not consider a quality 1 piece over a non floating 2 piece. 10lbs front and 6 at each corner is significant to me and that's what I'm after. Plus they look 1000000000x better than a single piece.

Sponsored

draconis123

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT
+1 on the AP racing 2-piece rotors. After speaking with DBA their T3 2-piece rotors weigh 13.6kg (30lbs) each. These are only 3.4lbs lighter than the pp rotors. AP racing rotors are only 22.6lbs each which is even lighter than the base 14" rotors and only cost a few hundred more.

It's nice that us base guys can upgrade to 6 pot brakes and still be 4-5lbs lighter per wheel than stock. Going with Stillen J hooks on the rears.

armykyle1 [HACKED ACCOUNT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP premium
It seems like it's cheaper to buy used gt350 front brakes and buy the adapter.
Sponsored