Sponsored

2018 Mustang Orders Placed Thread (Vote/Share Here)

Which 2018 Mustang did you order?

• Total voters

Matco

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 F150 2018 Mustang GT 1996 Ford Bronco
I feel your pain. Mine's back at the dealer already . Had it towed up there Saturday after it started misfiring Friday night. 70 miles & I already broke it. Today they said a misfire in Cyl 4. *sigh*
Yikes keep us updated, maybe start a new thread and post up there the results

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I feel your pain. Mine's back at the dealer already . Had it towed up there Saturday after it started misfiring Friday night. 70 miles & I already broke it. Today they said a misfire in Cyl 4. *sigh*
I'm sorry to hear this Max. I hope it's something simple.

MaxHedrm

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible - Orange Fury
Vehicle Showcase

Sponsored

djldoc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium Convertible
Question for you guys...experience with delivery times. Cotus is 5/22...FP estimates between 5/16-5/22...anyone have this experience, and when did you ultimately get it?

itguy08

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Premium, 2010 Taurus SHO, 2011 F150
My original EDD was 4/23. Production was 4/4 and then EDD went to 4/16 and this weekend it went to 4/9 and it showed up at the dealer tonight. The whole trip was by truck (convoy) so If yours is he same I'd expect movement once it gets built.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
Question for you guys...experience with delivery times. Cotus is 5/22...FP estimates between 5/16-5/22...anyone have this experience, and when did you ultimately get it?
My EDD on COTUS is 4/20. FP gave me 4/14-4/20. Same exact boat as you. I'm assuming COTUS only has an option for one date which would be the last day of the week the factory expects delivery.

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
My last Ford order a few years ago, I believe it arrived a few days before the EDD on Cotus. For my Mustang order, FP earliest estimate is only two days before the EDD on Cotus.

Sponsored

LightningBlueGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
I promise I won’t make this the life and times of lightning blue. My sales guy called me now and apologized profusely. I get the vibe that the sales manager chewed his butt. Parts for my bumper should be there on Friday. They’re going to have a guy work on it Saturday.

I’m not a body shop guy, but he mentioned they have to paint the bumper there...should I be concerned about that? The paint should be the same so it should match easily, right? I might just be worrying for the sake of worrying at this point.

Bottom line, I’ll look it over, and have someone who knows body work look it over before I sign a darn thing.

If all goes well, I should have her next week.

rockflyersman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
“I will make sure it doesn't go into the car wash. We do clean cars by hand but it's up to you if you want us to clean it or just do nothing but inspect it & gas it.” Whats everyone think about cleaning by hand?

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
“I will make sure it doesn't go into the car wash. We do clean cars by hand but it's up to you if you want us to clean it or just do nothing but inspect it & gas it.” Whats everyone think about cleaning by hand?
I've watched those yahoos drop their towel on the ground and pick it right back up and keep wiping. Just because they do it "by hand" doesn't necessarily make it any better.

emcee1011

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium
If you want it done right, clean it yourself. I'm getting mine ceramic coated and clear bra'd so I refused to have my dealer touch it.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
I promise I won’t make this the life and times of lightning blue. My sales guy called me now and apologized profusely. I get the vibe that the sales manager chewed his butt. Parts for my bumper should be there on Friday. They’re going to have a guy work on it Saturday.

I’m not a body shop guy, but he mentioned they have to paint the bumper there...should I be concerned about that? The paint should be the same so it should match easily, right? I might just be worrying for the sake of worrying at this point.

Bottom line, I’ll look it over, and have someone who knows body work look it over before I sign a darn thing.

If all goes well, I should have her next week.
If the paint guy is any good you shouldn't be able to tell the bumper was replaced. Note I said "any good". Paint these days is more forgiving than the old stuff, but the one applying the paint must have some experience. Bottom line is if you're not happy, make 'em do it till they get it right.

I let my dealers body shop so some paint work on the brides '13. The paint (Red Candy 3 stage paint) matched perfectly. But, there was some spots where they didn't polish the clear to my standards. I stood there while they corrected the problems. Also Ford body shops guarantee their work for as long as you own the car.
Sponsored